THC - Maryjewona cons & pros? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

THC - Maryjewona cons & pros?

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,351
    Rep Power
    1173479

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post

    there's better drugs for cancer patients than a weed, tobacco, and alcohol, and pills for pain relieving.

    Hey man, you should be a doctor or something. You seem to be onto how getting high can solve the worlds problems. Patent it!
    ...and you should be working for a big pharm! To say it is better to take prescription pills that we all see wreck lives, than to get the same effect (if not better), from a natural substance, then you are just close minded and no better than the pill pushers. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean those that do or are open to understanding, are being childish.

  2. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post

    ...and you should be working for a big pharm! To say it is better to take prescription pills that we all see wreck lives, than to get the same effect (if not better), from a natural substance, then you are just close minded and no better than the pill pushers. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean those that do or are open to understanding, are being childish.
    I've seen marijuana wreck more lives than prescription pills.
  3. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    And again, you aren't using it for any of the medical benefits you're basing your argument on.

    You're using it to GET HIGH, which is extraordinarily childish.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234820

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    ...and you should be working for a big pharm! To say it is better to take prescription pills that we all see wreck lives, than to get the same effect (if not better), from a natural substance, then you are just close minded and no better than the pill pushers. Just because you don't understand doesn't mean those that do or are open to understanding, are being childish.
    I do

    dang you're right. 100% of people prescribed pills = ruined lives!

    usually people who abuse prescription drugs, don't have prescriptions.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  5. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,351
    Rep Power
    1173479

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You two are hopeless.
  6. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234820

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    You two are hopeless.
    Hey doc, I just got out of surgery. Got my shoulder redone. It KILLS, got any weed?

    seems logical.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  7. New Member
    Fitness_Freak's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    76313

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    Hey doc, I just got out of surgery. Got my shoulder redone. It KILLS, got any weed?

    seems logical.
    Oh, and pain killers are much better? Have you read what they do to your liver? Not to mention how addictive some of them are. But hey, I guess you're right, cramming a whole bunch of man made chemicals into your body must be safer than inhaling a plant. At the end of the day, marijuana related deaths- 0, (even if its used recreationally), pharmaceuticals, alcohol, and tobacco related deaths- too many to count. I'm just glad I'm not as naive as you are.

    And according to the guy who keeps calling it "childish", anything that alters the mind or body should be considered childish. It seems to me you should explore mj a little more before you start hating on a plant that will soon be the preferred recreational choice across America.
  8. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234820

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitness_Freak View Post
    Oh, and pain killers are much better? Have you read what they do to your liver? Not to mention how addictive some of them are. But hey, I guess you're right, cramming a whole bunch of man made chemicals into your body must be safer than inhaling a plant. At the end of the day, marijuana related deaths- 0, (even if its used recreationally), pharmaceuticals, alcohol, and tobacco related deaths- too many to count. I'm just glad I'm not as naive as you are.

    And according to the guy who keeps calling it "childish", anything that alters the mind or body should be considered childish. It seems to me you should explore mj a little more before you start hating on a plant that will soon be the preferred recreational choice across America.
    lol way to derail this thread!


    "What is your guys opinion on pot? Can it be useful or beneficial in any way? Does anybody know if it produces any catabolic process in your body (if you don't munch out)? Or can it be a useful tool during bulking cycle (obviously if you have a poor appetite)? "

    was the original question. if you came out of surgery, you'd want painkillers. Idc if it's legal or not, I find pot childish, not everything. Obviously your opinion is superior to mine
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  9. New Member
    Fitness_Freak's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    76313

    Reputation Reputation

    was the original question. if you came out of surgery, you'd want painkillers. Idc if it's legal or not, I find pot childish, not everything. Obviously your opinion is superior to mine [/QUOTE]

    No, I value your opinion, its the facts you've presented that are inferior.

    I just can't believe that someone would label smoking marijuana childish, its a farce. But I guess I'm a child because I like to smoke a joint before bed because it induces a better sleep, or smoke a bowl on a day off from work and go golfing, because the reality is it makes activities more enjoyable without the harshness of tobacco and the pure evil of alcohol. Maybe its not for you, but for others yes. Everyone reacts to everything differently, and if you want to sit there and call it childish, then I'll sit here and contradict you all day long.

    Yes, there are potheads out there whose main purpose is to smoke weed, and all they do is give it a bad reputation, but there are plenty of us out here that are educated and know the qualities to which it can and will produce.

    This guys tread was derailed from the 3rd page before I even presented any contradictory statements.
  10. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Marijuana side effects for those who claim it is the holy Grail of safe medicine because its natural.

    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...Name=MARIJUANA

    Which is certainly besides the point that every "counter"argument to mine has not addressed anything in my argument.

    I'll list it for those who are mentally impaired from long term marijuana use.

    1. Marijuana has MEDICAL application when under the supervised care of a medical PROFESSIONAL. It has its own pros/cons as does any other prescribed drug.

    2. Those arguing for it are NOT using it for medical purposes and are using it to get HIGH yet are arguing based upon its medical uses.

    Now, notice that nowhere in there do I say anything about how alcohol OR tobacco OR prescription medication are any better than marijuana. I personally don't use ANY of those substances at all, and I think that using anything to alter your mental function so that you can get high is extremely childish.


    And to the guy who thinks that nothing bad has EVER come from smoking marijuana people have died of lung cancer from smoking it. Besides the long term mental effects it has (declining of memory, critical thinking skills, etc.)
  11. New Member
    Fitness_Freak's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    76313

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Marijuana side effects for those who claim it is the holy Grail of safe medicine because its natural.

    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...Name=MARIJUANA

    Which is certainly besides the point that every "counter"argument to mine has not addressed anything in my argument.

    I'll list it for those who are mentally impaired from long term marijuana use.

    1. Marijuana has MEDICAL application when under the supervised care of a medical PROFESSIONAL. It has its own pros/cons as does any other prescribed drug.

    2. Those arguing for it are NOT using it for medical purposes and are using it to get HIGH yet are arguing based upon its medical uses.

    Now, notice that nowhere in there do I say anything about how alcohol OR tobacco OR prescription medication are any better than marijuana. I personally don't use ANY of those substances at all, and I think that using anything to alter your mental function so that you can get high is extremely childish.

    And to the guy who thinks that nothing bad has EVER come from smoking marijuana people have died of lung cancer from smoking it. Besides the long term mental effects it has (declining of memory, critical thinking skills, etc.)
    I do not know where the heck you're getting your facts.

    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page5

    To solely base ones mental health on marijuana as we age is ludicrous. You've got to be kidding me. You've provided me with a website that lists POSSIBLE effects of smoking it, where are these links to long cancer you're talking about?

    Also I'm arguing that it has medicinal purposes and recreational purposes. I personally use it for relaxation, sleep, and to enjoy activities more thoroughly.
  12. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitness_Freak View Post

    I do not know where the heck you're getting your facts.

    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page5

    To solely base ones mental health on marijuana as we age is ludicrous. You've got to be kidding me. You've provided me with a website that lists POSSIBLE effects of smoking it, where are these links to long cancer you're talking about?
    Are you serious?

    The mental decline has nothing to do with age. I've seen it over and over again in Houston (where I live) and in the military with guys that had a rapid decline in their mental capacity from smoking between the ages of 16-22.

    Yes, I put up a link that talks about the POSSIBLE side effects of using it because no two people are EVER going to react to the same drug the same way.

    Any drug that has side effects is going to be POSSIBLE side effects because some people wont have them and some people will.

    Also I'm arguing that it has medicinal purposes and recreational purposes. I personally use it for relaxation, sleep, and to
    I'm arguing that using any drug recreationally is childish and is just a way to avoid problems in life.

    enjoy activities more thoroughly.
    Ridiculously childish, you can't enjoy life without being high? Seriously?



    You guys are talking about people who ABUSE substances as a legitimate argument for why marijuana should be legal. Talking about how dangerous ABUSING alcohol, ABUSING AAS, ABUSING Prescription medication, etc. to justify marijuana because you claim to do it responsibly.


    Well, guess what, tons of people use all of those drugs responsibly. You talk about how "safe" marijuana is by pointing to people who are abusing other drugs and saying "look how dangerous it is when that person uses that!" Ridiculous.
  13. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,216
    Rep Power
    2105698

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    man this got heated quick!
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

  14. Senior Member
    harbonah's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,748
    Rep Power
    283422

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Lol this thread got out of hand quick
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html
  15. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,216
    Rep Power
    2105698

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    Lol this thread got out of hand quick
    Everyone has valid arguments and points which is nice though. as long as no one gets their feelings hurt it will shape up to be a nice debate. Off of the original topic but a nice debate.
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

  16. New Member
    Fitness_Freak's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    76313

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Are you serious?

    The mental decline has nothing to do with age. I've seen it over and over again in Houston (where I live) and in the military with guys that had a rapid decline in their mental capacity from smoking between the ages of 16-22.

    Yes, I put up a link that talks about the POSSIBLE side effects of using it because no two people are EVER going to react to the same drug the same way.

    Any drug that has side effects is going to be POSSIBLE side effects because some people wont have them and some people will.

    I'm arguing that using any drug recreationally is childish and is just a way to avoid problems in life.

    Ridiculously childish, you can't enjoy life without being high? Seriously?

    You guys are talking about people who ABUSE substances as a legitimate argument for why marijuana should be legal. Talking about how dangerous ABUSING alcohol, ABUSING AAS, ABUSING Prescription medication, etc. to justify marijuana because you claim to do it responsibly.

    Well, guess what, tons of people use all of those drugs responsibly. You talk about how "safe" marijuana is by pointing to people who are abusing other drugs and saying "look how dangerous it is when that person uses that!" Ridiculous.
    Mental decline has nothing to do with age?! I could sit here and give you hundreds of sources stating otherwise.

    http://www.lef.org/protocols/neurolo...decline_01.htm

    You stated earlier that marijuana has a long term effect on cognitive functions. Where the heck is your proof, you have provided me with none! And exactly as you said earlier, the effects may vary from person to person because everyone is different, well what if someone doesn't experience any of those effects because there health is a main priority in their life (eating correctly, exercising daily, proper hygiene, and always looking to enhance intelligence).

    Getting high from mj is no different then ingesting protein in my book. They both serve a purpose for the greater good of our body. Obviously you haven't tried it and even if you have, you haven't tried it for long enough.

    And if I read the word childish one more time I'm just going to withdraw from this debate. What really is childish is the lack of relevance your "facts" contain. You haven't provided a valid source yet. Once you present me with a credible source of it "causing lung cancer and impairing mental functions as a long term effect" then we can really start this debate.

    As of now you've provided me with an opinion you seem adamant to reverse on, maybe you should open a book instead of watching biased news organizations and reading wikipedia.
  17. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,351
    Rep Power
    1173479

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Everyone has valid arguments and points which is nice though. as long as no one gets their feelings hurt it will shape up to be a nice debate. Off of the original topic but a nice debate.
    Totally agree, and the nice thing is that as it is now become socially accepted by the majority of Americans, it is being much more understood and not vilified like it used to be. Perhaps we see it more in areas where it has been legalized from a state level, but people are getting educated on the safety and benefits of marijuana in record numbers. The fact you can buy it through a medical red card (red here in CO) since 2000, or for recreation purposes after January, makes no difference. People are finally understanding how safe it is and how it can help with so many ailments- whether that be recognized through traditional medial routes or self medication. Ar we saying it is the cure for everything, no. Are we saying that it is a great alternative for many people that don't want to take pills and in many cases, works better? Yes. It is just nice to know that there is another option for people and that the medical field is finally seeing this.
  18. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,351
    Rep Power
    1173479

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I'm arguing that using any drug recreationally is childish and is just a way to avoid problems in life.



    Ridiculously childish, you can't enjoy life without being high? Seriously?
    I can see your point and to a point, agree. But your argument seems to be based more on not liking anyone that takes anything to bring them out of reality and not marijuana directly- yet you keep using it as the example.

    However, tell that to the tens of thousands of liquor stores around the country and all the doctors that over prescribe medications to patients, and any other way people are looking to release and enjoy life in a different way. It is going to happen, and people are going to want to enjoy themselves and escape from time to time (or more), and marijuana is a safer way to do it. Look, everyone has a vice, because you still see a stigma surrounding MJ, doesn't make it any more wrong than the pills you are advocating, or a traditional liquor store.
  19. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post

    I can see your point and to a point, agree. But your argument seems to be based more on not liking anyone that takes anything to bring them out of reality and not marijuana directly- yet you keep using it as the example.

    However, tell that to the tens of thousands of liquor stores around the country and all the doctors that over prescribe medications to patients, and any other way people are looking to release and enjoy life in a different way. It is going to happen, and people are going to want to enjoy themselves and escape from time to time (or more), and marijuana is a safer way to do it. Look, everyone has a vice, because you still see a stigma surrounding MJ, doesn't make it any more wrong than the pills you are advocating, or a traditional liquor store.
    What are you talking about? I specifically said using ANY drug to avoid reality is childish and did not limit it to just marijuana.
  20. New Member
    Fitness_Freak's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    76313

    Reputation Reputation

    Still waiting for an intelligent, credited, source filled response from you Mr. jimbuick...
  21. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fitness_Freak View Post
    Still waiting for an intelligent, credited, source filled response from you Mr. jimbuick...
    This is the most CHILDISH thing you possibly could have done. What are you, 16?


    Quote Originally Posted by Fitness_Freak View Post
    Mental decline has nothing to do with age?! I could sit here and give you hundreds of sources stating otherwise.

    http://www.lef.org/protocols/neurolo...decline_01.htm

    You stated earlier that marijuana has a long term effect on cognitive functions. Where the heck is your proof, you have provided me with none! And exactly as you said earlier, the effects may vary from person to person because everyone is different, well what if someone doesn't experience any of those effects because there health is a main priority in their life (eating correctly, exercising daily, proper hygiene, and always looking to enhance intelligence).

    Getting high from mj is no different then ingesting protein in my book. They both serve a purpose for the greater good of our body. Obviously you haven't tried it and even if you have, you haven't tried it for long enough.

    And if I read the word childish one more time I'm just going to withdraw from this debate. What really is childish is the lack of relevance your "facts" contain. You haven't provided a valid source yet. Once you present me with a credible source of it "causing lung cancer and impairing mental functions as a long term effect" then we can really start this debate.

    As of now you've provided me with an opinion you seem adamant to reverse on, maybe you should open a book instead of watching biased news organizations and reading wikipedia.
    Did you seriously just try to say that GETTING HIGH is the same as ingesting a necessary macronutrient that supports multiple functions in your life? And then you're trying to say you're waiting for an intelligent response from me?

    I've given reputable sources listing possible side effects of marijuana uses and all you've done is give me a source that backs my claims as much (or more) than it does yours. Did you even read the cancer link you gave me? It states specifically that the studies are conflicting and some show a definite increase in the risk of emphysema and some show no correlation. Besides the fact that it also specifically stated that the safety of cannabis was when it was ingested orally (eaten) not inhaled! Good source bro.

    Marijuana's lingering effects on the brain:
    http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/n...inger-in-brain

    Marijuana use may shrink the brain:
    http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/2008...rink-the-brain

    Marijuana may cause (or increase risk of) schizophrenia:
    http://psychcentral.com/lib/cannabis...anges/00012781


    Look buddy, it would appear that you are unaware of the fact that there is a conflicting study for every single thing you're trying to post. Which I will readily put up for you if it's deemed necessary.

    But, the simple fact is, you're argument is ridiculous. My stance is that using drugs to enjoy life is childish and is a way to avoid problems in life.

    I have mentioned more than once the possible side effects of marijuana use (long and short term) and have put up links to show these side effects, I also have my own personal experience (my brother is a heavy user) where I've seen the mental decline personally in the span of 5-10 years.

    And how about the fact that there are studies showing it lowers motivation and makes people lazy by altering brain chemistry and screwing with dopamine levels:
    http://news.menshealth.com/new-study...zy/2013/07/08/

    So, it's no coincidence that you can't seem to enjoy life without it. Because your dopamine levels are all out of whack from smoking too much, sounds very safe doesn't it? We should legalize it so that everyone can PERMANENTLY alter their brain chemistry.

    Other effects of marijuana use:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...fects/1751011/
  22. New Member
    Fitness_Freak's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    76313

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    This is the most CHILDISH thing you possibly could have done. What are you, 16?

    Did you seriously just try to say that GETTING HIGH is the same as ingesting a necessary macronutrient that supports multiple functions in your life? And then you're trying to say you're waiting for an intelligent response from me?

    I've given reputable sources listing possible side effects of marijuana uses and all you've done is give me a source that backs my claims as much (or more) than it does yours. Did you even read the cancer link you gave me? It states specifically that the studies are conflicting and some show a definite increase in the risk of emphysema and some show no correlation. Besides the fact that it also specifically stated that the safety of cannabis was when it was ingested orally (eaten) not inhaled! Good source bro.

    Marijuana's lingering effects on the brain:
    http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/n...inger-in-brain

    Marijuana use may shrink the brain:
    http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/2008...rink-the-brain

    Marijuana may cause (or increase risk of) schizophrenia:
    http://psychcentral.com/lib/cannabis...anges/00012781

    Look buddy, it would appear that you are unaware of the fact that there is a conflicting study for every single thing you're trying to post. Which I will readily put up for you if it's deemed necessary.

    But, the simple fact is, you're argument is ridiculous. My stance is that using drugs to enjoy life is childish and is a way to avoid problems in life.

    I have mentioned more than once the possible side effects of marijuana use (long and short term) and have put up links to show these side effects, I also have my own personal experience (my brother is a heavy user) where I've seen the mental decline personally in the span of 5-10 years.

    And how about the fact that there are studies showing it lowers motivation and makes people lazy by altering brain chemistry and screwing with dopamine levels:
    http://news.menshealth.com/new-study...zy/2013/07/08/

    So, it's no coincidence that you can't seem to enjoy life without it. Because your dopamine levels are all out of whack from smoking too much, sounds very safe doesn't it? We should legalize it so that everyone can PERMANENTLY alter their brain chemistry.

    Other effects of marijuana use:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...fects/1751011/
    Well first off, I'm 25 and am in my second year of law school, but hey, I smoke weed so I'm obviously a blabbering idiot.

    Every single one of those articles can be torn apart. One of them stated a "light user" smoked 17 joints or more a week. Are you kidding me? I maybe go through 8-10 a week, if that.

    As for the statement about lowering motivation and making people lazy, I would absolutely disagree, where did they get their participants, McDonalds? In my own experience I would say it almost invigorates the mind, but then again everyone is different.

    Its puts a blemish on memory and multitasking? No way, otherwise how in the hell would I remember a 100+ page case, or heck, according to your articles, how am I able to even read and comprehend it, because it supposedly inhibits multitasking.

    So which problems am I exactly avoiding in life because I'm getting high? Please help me figure them out.

    What is wrong with eatables? Either way its still the active chemical thc. Its a valid option for everyone.

    By the way, the majority of your articles presented the word "may" as in they may cause this or they may cause that. No scientific backing besides one of the articles.

    Well its quite clear neither of us are going to change each others views, so this will be my last reply to your opinions.

    Thankfully for me, its already starting to be legalized for recreational uses, so I guess either way I still get to enjoy it. I'll come back to this tread in 20 years when I'm 45 and let you know how things are going. Supposedly my brain is going to shrink and I will have lost some cognitive functions, but we will see.

    Thanks, it was a great debate that ensued with intelligent remarks from all parties. Have a great day everyone.
  23. Registered User
    justmechillin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    http://www.centurycouncil.org/drunk-...nal-statistics

    19 people have died in car related DWI wrecks since this thread started ONE week ago going off 2010 data...... Now how many more have been killed in alcohol induced domestic violence in the last week PLUS all the bar brawls across the country......... The number is staggering...... Ban alcohol & legalize pot...
  24. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234820

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by justmechillin View Post
    http://www.centurycouncil.org/drunk-...nal-statistics

    19 people have died in car related DWI wrecks since this thread started ONE week ago going off 2010 data...... Now how many more have been killed in alcohol induced domestic violence in the last week PLUS all the bar brawls across the country......... The number is staggering...... Ban alcohol & legalize pot...
    prohibition?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  25. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,351
    Rep Power
    1173479

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    ...or keep alcohol legal and widen the legalization of mj. I for one, am a person that can enjoy a drink or two and not go killing people and getting into my car driving around town. Believe it or not, it is possible to enjoy a vice responsibly. Not aiming this at you, justmechillin, just sayin.
  26. Registered User
    justmechillin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    ...or keep alcohol legal and widen the legalization of mj. I for one, am a person that can enjoy a drink or two and not go killing people and getting into my car driving around town. Believe it or not, it is possible to enjoy a vice responsibly. Not aiming this at you, justmechillin, just sayin.
    LOL, I was just trying to get my point across, its no big deal... It would be nice to see billions of tax $$$ generated and going to social security instead of a drug lord in south America... ;-)
  27. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    prohibition?
    Exactly. We did that **** before and it definitely didn't work.

    You would've learned that in History if you weren't too high to remember.

    Quote Originally Posted by justmechillin View Post

    LOL, I was just trying to get my point across, its no big deal... It would be nice to see billions of tax $$$ generated and going to social security instead of a drug lord in south America... ;-)
    As if extra taxes went to social security.
  28. Registered User
    justmechillin's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Exactly. We did that **** before and it definitely didn't work.

    You would've learned that in History if you weren't too high to remember.



    As if extra taxes went to social security.
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!....... I haven't smoked in over 20yrs...
  29. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,351
    Rep Power
    1173479

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Jimbuick has completely negated any stance he ever had in this thread when he just stooped to name calling and angry posts filled with his hatred towards anyone that enjoys life differently that he does. Childish. LOL

    19789999.jpg
  30. Advanced Member
    crowpass's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    2240

    Reputation

    He must be an old timer. Old timers drive Buicks. Legalize herb, my dad was an alchy, it caused him to be a very brutal guy.. notice I said guy. No way in hell smoking herb is childish. I guarantee he drinks coffee or tea and If that guy drinks coffee or tea he's "childish"!!
  31. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by crowpass View Post
    He must be an old timer. Old timers drive Buicks. Legalize herb, my dad was an alchy, it caused him to be a very brutal guy.. notice I said guy. No way in hell smoking herb is childish. I guarantee he drinks coffee or tea and If that guy drinks coffee or tea he's "childish"!!
    I'm 20.

    And I drink neither of those beverages.

    Strong argument though.
  32. Advanced Member
    musclefool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    675
    Rep Power
    68464

    Reputation Reputation

    **** all these shi+ heads you guys don't have any fuking idea. I've smoked weed since I was a kid and guess what mother ****ers I'm almost a fukin nurse at the age 22 any getting my Phd and becoming a doctor. So obviously weed has had if anything a benefit to my life. You think smoking some weed is not good for you? Ya how about you worry about your self and let me pack a bowl. Stoners aren't fukin lazy were smart. Its just retarded mother fukers like the ones in this thread who give us a bad name based on stereotypes on t.v. Shrinks the brain? Hahahaha fuk your articles old man
  33. Senior Member
    PumpHouse's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    106513

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Wow it's Jim vs everyone here lol.

    I don't advocate it's use at all. I worked in Residential drug abuse treatment center for kids 13-19. I've seen the harmful effects first hand.

    There might be medical uses for it, but I've never experienced the **** people talk about, it's never made me hungry, it's never made me sleepy, it's never reduced pain. I was a smoker for many years. I think if you honestly think it improves your ability to do your job, and it makes you smarter, your making excuses to identify yourself to a substance. Some people function well on it, great for them, just like anything else people react differently.

    That being said, my stance on legalization is simple, either it's fully illegal or it's fully legal, either one is fine by me. But this gray area, medical bull**** is abused and I absolutely hate it.

    But I know how fervently people will defend their drugs. So that's all I'm going to say, and I'll remind you all its an opinion, and an educated one. That was said as to not offend anyone, you're mostly all adults. Make your own choices.
  34. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    6662078

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Wow it's Jim vs everyone here lol.

    I don't advocate it's use at all. I worked in Residential drug abuse treatment center for kids 13-19. I've seen the harmful effects first hand.

    There might be medical uses for it, but I've never experienced the **** people talk about, it's never made me hungry, it's never made me sleepy, it's never reduced pain. I was a smoker for many years. I think if you honestly think it improves your ability to do your job, and it makes you smarter, your making excuses to identify yourself to a substance. Some people function well on it, great for them, just like anything else people react differently.

    That being said, my stance on legalization is simple, either it's fully illegal or it's fully legal, either one is fine by me. But this gray area, medical bull**** is abused and I absolutely hate it.

    But I know how fervently people will defend their drugs. So that's all I'm going to say, and I'll remind you all its an opinion, and an educated one. That was said as to not offend anyone, you're mostly all adults. Make your own choices.
    The debate was going pretty well, and staying pretty civil until recently.
  35. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post
    **** all these shi+ heads you guys don't have any fuking idea. I've smoked weed since I was a kid and guess what mother ****ers I'm almost a fukin nurse at the age 22 any getting my Phd and becoming a doctor. So obviously weed has had if anything a benefit to my life. You think smoking some weed is not good for you? Ya how about you worry about your self and let me pack a bowl. Stoners aren't fukin lazy were smart. Its just retarded mother fukers like the ones in this thread who give us a bad name based on stereotypes on t.v. Shrinks the brain? Hahahaha fuk your articles old man
    There are plenty of lazy dumb ****ing stoners out there just like there are plenty of motivated, smart stoners out there. Its not good for you but its not bad for you either. Its not a multi vitamin lol
  36. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Wow it's Jim vs everyone here lol.

    I don't advocate it's use at all. I worked in Residential drug abuse treatment center for kids 13-19. I've seen the harmful effects first hand.

    There might be medical uses for it, but I've never experienced the **** people talk about, it's never made me hungry, it's never made me sleepy, it's never reduced pain. I was a smoker for many years. I think if you honestly think it improves your ability to do your job, and it makes you smarter, your making excuses to identify yourself to a substance. Some people function well on it, great for them, just like anything else people react differently.

    That being said, my stance on legalization is simple, either it's fully illegal or it's fully legal, either one is fine by me. But this gray area, medical bull**** is abused and I absolutely hate it.

    But I know how fervently people will defend their drugs. So that's all I'm going to say, and I'll remind you all its an opinion, and an educated one. That was said as to not offend anyone, you're mostly all adults. Make your own choices.
    Fully agree with this!'
  37. New Member
    Fitness_Freak's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    76313

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post
    **** all these shi+ heads you guys don't have any fuking idea. I've smoked weed since I was a kid and guess what mother ****ers I'm almost a fukin nurse at the age 22 any getting my Phd and becoming a doctor. So obviously weed has had if anything a benefit to my life. You think smoking some weed is not good for you? Ya how about you worry about your self and let me pack a bowl. Stoners aren't fukin lazy were smart. Its just retarded mother fukers like the ones in this thread who give us a bad name based on stereotypes on t.v. Shrinks the brain? Hahahaha fuk your articles old man
    I highly doubt your about to get your PhD at age 22. Nice try though, and even if you were, you should be using proper grammar and spelling, also profanity just makes you seem unintelligent. If you want to present yourself at the level of education you stated you're at, you should really start to make educated posts, otherwise people like myself who have worked their asses of in school will see straight through your lies.

    I could be wrong, but do yourself a favor and present yourself as an intelligent human being.
  38. New Member
    gmanall's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    262
    Rep Power
    120463

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Pro's:
    People report calming effects
    Can help increase appetite
    Reports of increased creativity
    Useful for some medical purposes
    It is thought to be comparatively safer than leading mind altering drugs

    Con's
    Reports of lethargy (Could be strain dependant)
    Legality (As of now)
    Potential health concerns (Mental and physical)
    Lack of long term studies(Due to legal staus)
    .............

    ..
    ...
    ..

    And being called Childish by jimbuick
  39. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,263
    Rep Power
    234820

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    The debate was going pretty well, and staying pretty civil until recently.
    I said it was a childish habit, and everyone went nuts lolol

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpHouse View Post
    Wow it's Jim vs everyone here lol.

    I don't advocate it's use at all. I worked in Residential drug abuse treatment center for kids 13-19. I've seen the harmful effects first hand.

    There might be medical uses for it, but I've never experienced the **** people talk about, it's never made me hungry, it's never made me sleepy, it's never reduced pain. I was a smoker for many years. I think if you honestly think it improves your ability to do your job, and it makes you smarter, your making excuses to identify yourself to a substance. Some people function well on it, great for them, just like anything else people react differently.

    That being said, my stance on legalization is simple, either it's fully illegal or it's fully legal, either one is fine by me. But this gray area, medical bull**** is abused and I absolutely hate it.

    But I know how fervently people will defend their drugs. So that's all I'm going to say, and I'll remind you all its an opinion, and an educated one. That was said as to not offend anyone, you're mostly all adults. Make your own choices.
    I agree bout the medical use, it doesn't seem particularly well at dealing with anything we don't already have.

    Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post
    **** all these shi+ heads you guys don't have any fuking idea. I've smoked weed since I was a kid and guess what mother ****ers I'm almost a fukin nurse at the age 22 any getting my Phd and becoming a doctor. So obviously weed has had if anything a benefit to my life. You think smoking some weed is not good for you? Ya how about you worry about your self and let me pack a bowl. Stoners aren't fukin lazy were smart. Its just retarded mother fukers like the ones in this thread who give us a bad name based on stereotypes on t.v. Shrinks the brain? Hahahaha fuk your articles old man
    man you need to calm down. Got your feathers are ruffled up for no reason. Gonna get the thread closed cuz your hissy fit in your rant.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  40. Advanced Member
    6andaHalf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    547
    Rep Power
    73480

    Reputation Reputation

    Ha, knew this thread would get interesting.

    I've been smoking for about 15 years. I don't smoke preworkout but I do post workout. It really helps me relax, increases appetite for my next meal and makes getting 8 hrs a breeze. I've been vaporizing a lot more since I got my Launch Box. What a great invention.

    Weed is not beneficial per se... but its also not going to kill you. What drives me ABSOLUTELY INSANE is when people look at people who smoke like they are junkies or something. Shows a serious lack of knowledge and ignorance. Don't be that guy, you look like an idiot. Weed is WAY more safe than alcohol and barely any worse than a cup of coffee not to mention its been know to cure various cancers in many patients. Oops... guess the government has got some explaining to do being that its a tier 1 substance along with meth.
    Currently logging: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/236161-dymethazine-4-ad.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. pros/cons of swimming laps vs jogging
    By harry5543 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 07:07 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 12:59 AM
  3. Pro's & Con's using m1t during combine prep
    By Rebel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:28 PM
  4. Lactic Acid- Pros & Cons
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 03:33 AM
  5. Pros and Cons of using ECA with PH's
    By bigbadboss101 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in