Pay it forwrad thread

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    Wanted to bump this thread and share that I bought a homeless man lunch yesterday. It was such an amazing feeling, and seeing the smile on his face made me smile for the remainder of my day.
    What a great way to show that thanksgiving and holiday spirit!
    Age Force Rep

2. Quote Originally Posted by jgntyce View Post
    What a great way to show that thanksgiving and holiday spirit!
    Thanks brother, it sure was! Hopefully some people driving by took notice and maybe it inspired them to go do something nice for someone!
    Board Rep For: PHWSupplements
    Use Coupon Code: DAN10 For 10% Off Any Order!
    http://phwsupplements.com/
    PHWSupplements. Power. Performance. Payoff.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
    Thanks brother, it sure was! Hopefully some people driving by took notice and maybe it inspired them to go do something nice for someone!
    Nothing "dirty" about your act of kindness, Dan!
    Age Force Rep

4. Awesome bump Dirty Dan
    You only get one body. Appreciate it, develop a good relationship with it, for when it's gone you will surely miss it.

5. A local woman was in the paper for having her house suffer extensive fire damage. The paper was asking for people to drop off furniture, clothing etc for her & her kids. I really had nothing spare of use so on my way to work one day I parked in front, walked over to her & gave her $50 out of my wallet. The look on her face was priceless! That felt good.

Hey people - why wait until xmas to live the spirit of giving? Get an early start on it & make someone's day!
    You only get one body. Appreciate it, develop a good relationship with it, for when it's gone you will surely miss it.
  6. Pay it forwrad thread

Good thread.

For me, it's virtually impossible to pass up the varieties of "help me/feed me" signs by those parked at highway exits.

I'm very blessed in life IMO and humbled when I witness these unfortunate people; so I give.

Being human and cynical; I cannot deny that at times, I used to question the legitimacy of these people and wonder where my money was actually going.

Then, a few years back I decided, it was not for me to judge or opine on the person's sincerity. It IS my job to do what my heart (and as a Christian, my faith) compels me to do......give.

What he/she actually does with the help, should not drive one's actions. Doing MY part with the best of intentions is my duty.

It's the action and intent of giving that is blessed; not the final result. So, it's in God's hand what the recipient does with the help. I wipe my hands clean after my calling is complete.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

7. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Good thread.

For me, it's virtually impossible to pass up the varieties of "help me/feed me" signs by those parked at highway exits.

I'm very blessed in life IMO and humbled when I witness these unfortunate people; so I give.

Being human and cynical; I cannot deny that at times, I used to question the legitimacy of these people and wonder where my money was actually going.

Then, a few years back I decided, it was not for me to judge or opine on the person's sincerity. It IS my job to do what my heart (and as a Christian, my faith) compels me to do......give.

What he/she actually does with the help, should not drive one's actions. Doing MY part with the best of intentions is my duty.

It's the action and intent of giving that is blessed; not the final result. So, it's in God's hand what the recipient does with the help. I wipe my hands clean after my calling is complete.
    From experience most are faking it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    From experience most are faking it.
    So you give not at all, because you can't pick the "real homeless" from the fakers? Or is it fake as in they want drugs, not food?

I don't like drugs, I don't like people on them, I don't like what it does. BUT, if you're homeless & the system has kicked you to the curb, you've been trodden on by society, spat on, stabbed, burnt, abused, even urinated on & at best forgotten by all, then who are we to judge for them to want to escape reality as they know it through drugs &/or alcohol?

Unless you're willing to open your home & heart & give someone another chance at life, is giving them the spare change from your ashtray, which they may well use to buy food or busfare, such a tough consideration?

9. And no, I don't give to everyone that approaches me in the street asking for money. If they're reeking of alcohol &/or confrontational then they are in no way being respectful of me or themselves.

For those that don't like the thought of their pennies going up someone's vein, do what a previous poster/s did & offer to buy them a meal. Fake or not, if they're legitimately in need they'll take whatever you have to offer, gratefully i'm sure.

10. I saw a homeless man the other day literally ask 10 strangers (all who were smoking) if they could bum him a smoke. Of course they all were "out" of smokes. I got disgusted by this and bought the man a carton of smokes.
    •   

11. I hope u handed it to him right in front of the losers that didn't help him
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

12. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I hope u handed it to him right in front of the losers that didn't help him
    Oh most certainly yes.
  13. Pay it forwrad thread

This is a great thread! It reminds us how fortunate we are to even afford the luxury of supplements and being able to work out. This definitely hits home as it is during the holidays that I feel most for the homeless and the needy.
    Age Force Rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. this deserves its own thread
    By benmayro in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 08:26 AM
  2. another "is it gyno" thread
    By tumtum in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 09:06 PM
  3. Freq's Chuck Norris thread, bring it on.
    By freqfly in forum General Chat
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 02:02 PM
  4. Hgh Results Thread , Post It Up Guys
    By testmaster in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2006, 08:03 AM