How does lifting make u who u r?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.25%

How does lifting make u who u r?

For me it has brought discipline and order into my life without it I wouldn't be as disciplined with other aspects of life. How does lifting whether it be weightlifting, bodybuilding, or powerlifting make u who u r?

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.44%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SoupNaziNazi View Post
    For me it has brought discipline and order into my life without it I wouldn't be as disciplined with other aspects of life. How does lifting whether it be weightlifting, bodybuilding, or powerlifting make u who u r?
    It may be extension of you, even help you, but Sir. will it Never make Who you are with all the respect to you personally.
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.44%

You should read War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

•   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post

It may be extension of you, even help you, but Sir. will it Never make Who you are with all the respect to you personally.
    Basically I consider it a characteristic that without it I wouldn't be the same person I am today, maybe I didn't make it clear sorry :/
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.44%

Basically I consider it a characteristic that without it I wouldn't be the same person I am today, maybe I didn't make it clear sorry :/
    I understand my friend but will you please try a moment thinking on another path to getting injury wherein for you will never be the opportunity to "lifting" please not trying to preach good Sir. but is the Soul that truly makes us what we are not the physical.

6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

It transformed me. It taught me what hard work really is and how I have to work for every god damn muscle that I currently have. It feels good to look at myself and always find some way to improve myself. Its a stress relief and escape from everything. I love lifting, enjoy every minute I spend in the gym. Its also made me more animalistic. Nothing feels better than that.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.46%

Im a bit neurotic about my training,, havnt missed a workout in 4 years now,, ocd fer sure,, but hey, not many 50 year olds look like me! The feeling of well being you get after a session is what makes it for me. Chicks diggit..
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.66%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

It's given me something outside of family and work for me to be proud of.

I've set goals that I train diligently for. The greatest thing is: I do it for myself and no one else. There's nothing greater than the personal satisfaction that I've strived for; only to satisfy myself.

Nobody understands the sport of powerlifting except the members here, and those I train with. It's all for me. It gives me something to focus on. Everything I do, I do to better myself.

It sounds selfish, saying its all for me. It's not. The difference is, most people do things to achieve some sort of social status and to look better to others, to be accepted.

I'm not looking to be accepted by anyone and I don't seek the approval of anyone else.

My one goal is to be stronger, physically and mentally. It's easy to give up. You can always give up when it gets hard, but I'll only let myself down if I do that.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

I've set goals that I train diligently for. The greatest thing is: I do it for myself and no one else. There's nothing greater than the personal satisfaction that I've strived for; only to satisfy myself.

Nobody understands the sport of powerlifting except the members here, and those I train with. It's all for me. It gives me something to focus on. Everything I do, I do to better myself.

It sounds selfish, saying its all for me. It's not. The difference is, most people do things to achieve some sort of social status and to look better to others, to be accepted.

I'm not looking to be accepted by anyone and I don't seek the approval of anyone else.

My one goal is to be stronger, physically and mentally. It's easy to give up. You can always give up when it gets hard, but I'll only let myself down if I do that.
    One thing do you mind if I add Sean it is making you "better" hopefully too will forward with you being "better" to the people in contact with in your life

10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.25%

I appreciate all the replies fellas its interesting to see the different effects lifting has on everyone who partakes in it
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

It's just part of me and what I know. I am 39 and started hitting the gym with my dad at 17. I have never stopped since that time for more than my deload weeks. People would always ask what it was that drove me and I really had no answer other than I loved it. Now at 39 as I see almost everyone I know falling apart and envying me and the fact that I still train MMA, play rugby, bike, run, and coach my daughter's soccer- it makes it much more clear. I was simply keeping myself ready and available for life's challenges. It takes away stress, keeps me strong, focused, alpha minded, and able to cope with everything.

...plus it doesn't hurt the ego to always have people asking what I do and how they can too.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.25%

^ like the above poster said, it gave me pride of my body
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.59%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

Agrrrrreeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

It's given me patience, discipline and my sobriety...
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%

X2, discipline, increased confidence, increased drive, less stress in my life

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 09:24 PM
  2. To the smart ones: How does the body make its own DHEA?
    By BigAk in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 02:01 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 11:38 AM
  4. How does a stressful day sabotage your lifts?
    By BigVrunga in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 09:26 AM