Freakin Resolutioners

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Yea you know what I'm talking about. They show up in the first week of Jan. they take up way too much space and they always get in my way. I could deal with it some of them were halfway dedicated but by mid February they're all pretty much gone and then about May timeframe you see them again trying to get in shape for the summer. Hey idiot you been eating McD's and Burger King for the last 5 months you really think working out half-ass for two weeks is going to do anything.

Just had to rant - one of em' was doing taking up the hack squat machine this morning doing 35's on each side and only going about 1/4 of the way down, he must've done about ten sets when I wanted to use the damn machine.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What's to say that some of them won't stick around?

Everyone has to start somewhere and mabye, just maybe, they'll stick around and learn to see this as a lifestyle and not a quick fix. Perhaps some of the "hardcore's" had the exact same thoughts about you when you started working. Damn punk pissing on our parade taking up our space and using our weights.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Yo man I just had to vent. If they stick around then thats great more power to them. But when you have an overcrowded gym in the first place and you got some guy doing db curls and puting the dumbells on the only incline bench when you want to use it it gets somewhat irritating. <- that happened to me last week. Dont even ask to work in any more cause they get offended like Im trying to be a bully or something. Hell if anybody asks for help or advice I'm always willing to help out but when theyre arrogant and act like your bothering them when you want to use a bench that theyre using to hold thier dumbells I get a little pissed off.

And no when I first started out a few years ago I stayed out of the hardcores way and always ask if they wanted to work in if I was using equipment that I knew they wanted to use. Thats gym etiquette and I learned it quick as to hopefully gain respect from some of the hardcore guys.

I'm not talking about the people just starting out or even the people who are smaller than me, I'm talking about the assholes that constantly get in the way and act like we're bothering them by asking if we can work in on the Hack Squat or the Incline Bench or whatever.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know you're venting. I'm just trying to offer a different aspect to your complaint :)

Also.. these resoluners help keep our membership fees down :)

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Sorry if I seemed a little vile, I'm still kinda irked from this morning.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
The way I look at is that these 6 week wonders are a necessary for me evil, without all the people who pay for a year then dropout, my club dues would be skyhigh, I grudingly thank them for subsidizing my costs.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
The way I look at is that these 6 week wonders are a necessary for me evil, without all the people who pay for a year then dropout, my club dues would be skyhigh, I grudingly thank them for subsidizing my costs.
lol. nice one.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can't talk much **** about resolutioners because I was one for 2004. However I was really dedicated to dropping fat and not looking like a fat sack of ****. 70 lbs later and its becoming reality. However I understand that most people give up easily. It was very tough to start up the bodybuilding lifestyle but its been rewarding. Its tough having to explain to people that eating six times a day is beneficial, how you don't need to work out for hours on end to make significant gains on lifts, etc.

All the resolutioners are already gone from my private gym here at college. There were a shitload of people when I work out (late afternoon) at first but today, the only people there were my lifting partner and me. So they cleared out quick and its not even a stressful time in the semester for people to leave. Oh well.