How the hell do you get enough food when you're working? - AnabolicMinds.com

How the hell do you get enough food when you're working?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

How the hell do you get enough food when you're working?

Okay, so I'm in college right now and almost finished. After I finish up, I'm going to try and work with my friend at his job. There is something I've always wondered though. If most places only give you one half hour lunch break, how do you guys get enough food during the day?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Met-Rx meal replacement bars, and sneaking food when the boss isn't looking. A buddy of mine used to eat cold chicken breasts on a fork about 4 times a day....bland but it works
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Protein shakes, mixed nuts, beef jerky, etc. You could compensate by making your 3 squares bigger as well.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This ^^^^&

Eat what you can then enlarge every additional meal
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Packets of pre-drained tuna have been saving me right now as I haven't had protein powder in over a week. Still hitting my daily amount of protein and the packets are under a buck a piece often times. The other suggestions are great as well.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider http://facebook.com/pescience
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrivest View Post
    Met-Rx meal replacement bars, and sneaking food when the boss isn't looking. A buddy of mine used to eat cold chicken breasts on a fork about 4 times a day....bland but it works
    Yeah, I was thinking about the protein bar idea, but I don't like the fact that they're filled with sugar, carbs and high fructose.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

get a job at a resturant
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Planning, lots of planning. If you don't prepare for it by using the above mentioned ideas it's near impossible.
  9. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Or you could always give IF a try. Makes life easy if you just snack or fast until you get home for the day.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Tupper ware and pre cook is what I do .
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about the protein bar idea, but I don't like the fact that they're filled with sugar, carbs and high fructose.
    I rotate between bars, shakes, greek yogurt, beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, mixed nuts etc... Most of those don't take much prep time and can be eaten quickly at your desk. If your on the go at meetings and stuff your options become more limited.
    Follow me on my log to life and lift: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229476-mtinsideouts-log-life.html
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This one is the best I have found so far not a lot of junk in it and has a good mix of good stuff and it tastes decent but you have to go with the cookie dough the rest of their line up has a bunch of extra fats and sugars met-rx-big-100-bars-300x300.jpg
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

13. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quest bars, man, quest bars!

***NOW @ NP***
  14. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Purchase bulk foods and bring them to work (meats, fish, vegetables, oats, FO, EVOO etc). I bring approximately two weeks worth of food to work at a time. Keep it in the fridge/freezer. Replenish as needed. Planning is the key to success.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.

I usually cook 5 lbs of chicken breast at a time and it lasts me a couple of days. Tupperware with rice, veggies, and chicken is my key to success!!
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Quest bars, man, quest bars!
    Never had those but they look like they provide a good mix of flavors! Im Going to have to check them out!
    Rep For IronFlex

17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Never had those but they look like they provide a good mix of flavors! Im Going to have to check them out!
    the Applie Pie is my personal fave. Toss 'em in the microwave for ~10sec.

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

I do that with apple fritters then make the same face that Homer is using in your avatar
    Rep For IronFlex

19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Then put ice cream on top.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Did someone say apple pie and ice cream!?!?!?
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    This one is the best I have found so far not a lot of junk in it and has a good mix of good stuff and it tastes decent but you have to go with the cookie dough the rest of their line up has a bunch of extra fats and sugars met-rx-big-100-bars-300x300.jpg
    just a tip, read the ingredients on protein bars and check for inulin, inulin makes you feel full and will decrease your appetite, you don't want that, on cycle you want to eat more so avoid it if possible
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  166 lbs.

I almost got fired for eating too much while working

The **** that I do not give

Protein bars/Pocket food is essential
    Hard work beats talents when talent fails to work hard- Live by this chit

My Fitness Pal SN- BreakTalents
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygains View Post
    I almost got fired for eating too much while working

The **** that I do not give

Protein bars/Pocket food is essential
    HA! I got yelled at for going to the cafe to get more food during my shift. **** it, anything to gain.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

I didn't mention before, but I'm trying to get a job in a labor union with my friend. Much better pay than most places, they start you out at $16 an hour. Anyway, I don't know if unions or more or less strict with the whole food thing.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

If you can drink water or coffee you can drink liquid meals. Keep powder in shaker, add water, consume. Hell this can be done in the bathroom if need be. Don't make this harder than it is. I think we over complicate these things. Say you work ten hours eat before work, eat at your break, eat after work. Add commute time of say half hour so a total of three meals in 11 hours. YOU WILL BE JUST FINE! Unless you make your living bodybuilding you should work it around your life not your life around it.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    just a tip, read the ingredients on protein bars and check for inulin, inulin makes you feel full and will decrease your appetite, you don't want that, on cycle you want to eat more so avoid it if possible
    That is one ingredient that that bar does not have.
    Rep For IronFlex

27. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Or you could always give IF a try. Makes life easy if you just snack or fast until you get home for the day.
    ^ soooooo convenient ^ if you're unable to get breaks/have a fridge/etc..
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

I didn't mention before, but I'm trying to get a job in a labor union with my friend. Much better pay than most places, they start you out at $16 an hour. Anyway, I don't know if unions or more or less strict with the whole food thing.
    Unions make damn sure you get your 2 15 minute breaks & your 30 minute lunch.

Source: Myself-BNSF union flunkie for 9 years. Never...NEVER missed a break.
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Unions make damn sure you get your 2 15 minute breaks & your 30 minute lunch.

Source: Myself-BNSF union flunkie for 9 years. Never...NEVER missed a break.
    Ah awesome thanks, you've definitely put my mind at ease.
  30. New Member

Meal prep kid.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WormyJackal View Post
    Meal prep kid.
    Solid advice Daily-Life-GIFs-17-Sarcastic-Clapping.gif
    Rep For IronFlex

32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

I have been sitting through an OSHA class all week, and you should see the looks I get for bringing my own food...

5 day at a time meal prep FTW.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I have been sitting through an OSHA class all week, and you should see the looks I get for bringing my own food...

5 day at a time meal prep FTW.
    Hahaha. This subject doesn't come up often enough. I left healthcare after 9 years and to get over 230 lbs I would have to eat 5 times per shift, i was on my feet just waaaay too much.. I work in an office now with all girls that maybe eat twice a day... meanwhile on my 3rd breakfast, I have to get one dumba$$ comment per day.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    Hahaha. This subject doesn't come up often enough. I left healthcare after 9 years and to get over 230 lbs I would have to eat 5 times per shift, i was on my feet just waaaay too much.. I work in an office now with all girls that maybe eat twice a day... meanwhile on my 3rd breakfast, I have to get one dumba$$ comment per day.
    We're doing this training at a hotel; I found out D1 that we could eat their breakfast so I've been SHREDDING that, then eating another 3-4 times during the day.

Today I had to ask for a room key so I could get at a microwave to heat up my lunch. People think I'm batshyt crazy.
  35. New Member

protein shakes and meal replacement bars
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

I've been carrying a backpack for 4 years to work. It has supplements, nuts, protein powder, etc. I used to have turkey chili and tuna with plastic forks and a can opener. When I had a revoked license and would be stranded waiting for a ride after work, I'd open a can of each, mix em up and eat cold. Nothing like a 240 pound guy in scrubs on a park bench eating out of a can.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Fix your meals and carry them to work in a lunch kit. When you are ready for that meal go sit down and eat. If the boss says anything you respond "Not while I'm fueling the machine bro." Or "I'm carbing up bro." Or "Bro I'm bulking " all of these are acceptable answers for puny bosses

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  38. dds
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

find a job that gives you the freedom to eat when you want.........hell if im in the office I can eat every hour on the hour if I want and nobody says anything. now if im at a plant site I will pre-pack 3-4 shaker cups with 50g of protein and 35g of carbs and just go get them from the car and add water....

if you want to do it you will find away. best of luck growing bigger
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dds View Post
    find a job that gives you the freedom to eat when you want.........hell if im in the office I can eat every hour on the hour if I want and nobody says anything. now if im at a plant site I will pre-pack 3-4 shaker cups with 50g of protein and 35g of carbs and just go get them from the car and add water....

if you want to do it you will find away. best of luck growing bigger
    ^this^ ^this^ and more ^this^
  40. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quest bars. Whey protein. Pack food. Or try intermittent fasting

Similar Forum Threads

1. supersaponins. how the hell do u take it?
    By TulsaTalons in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
  2. How the hell does Werdum weigh 256?
    By robdog in forum MMA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 03:43 PM
  3. Clearshot Users: How the hell do you do it??
    By krazy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 03:22 PM
  4. How the hell..
    By adam3030 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2007, 07:22 PM
  5. How the heck do I get my ARMS to grow?!
    By Irish Cannon in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 07:21 AM