Any fellow gearheads?

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
I can't be the only car nut on this board.

I have an 06 Trailblazer SS that is currently going from AWD to RWD aftery front diff grenaded. Should be back on the road by next summer.

Once that bish is paid off I plan on getting a C7 Z51 or Z06 if its out by then.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Cool man! Thats a road hugger i'll bet. I appriciate anything someone crafts with their hands. Im into street rods and muscle cars. I have a 57 chevy with a warmed over 327 and a 72 Olds 442 with a 600 hp nitrous ready big block.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
That Olds still have Olds power or is it a BBC?

The TBSS does hug. Thanks to drop struts, coils, tubular A-arms and rear control arms.

Putting in a built 4L80E with a Yank 4000SS stall. Got a 232/240 .600/.600 113 cam. The intake is off getting ported with the TB. Doing electric fans, Kooks LT's.. Should be good for mid to bottom 12's.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

I have an 06 Trailblazer SS that is currently going from AWD to RWD aftery front diff grenaded. Should be back on the road by next summer.

Once that bish is paid off I plan on getting a C7 Z51 or Z06 if its out by then.
I love the TBSS. I currently play with a srt4 but am looking for a nice CTS-V for dd

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
That Olds still have Olds power or is it a BBC?

The TBSS does hug. Thanks to drop struts, coils, tubular A-arms and rear control arms.

Putting in a built 4L80E with a Yank 4000SS stall. Got a 232/240 .600/.600 113 cam. The intake is off getting ported with the TB. Doing electric fans, Kooks LT's.. Should be good for mid to bottom 12's.
Ya man. Its a 455 Olds punched to a 462. 292 comp cam. Arp bolts top to bottom. Balanced and blueprinted. Has a nice rumpety idle! TH 400 with a 3500 b&m stall. It was my first car. Got it when i was 11 and im 40 now.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
We have a small team that runs a ls1 swapped blazer xtreme, boosted with a 150 staged shot.....

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established

I've always liked the Trailbalzer SS their wicked quick for a big SUV ! I'm into cars myself. I've got an 09' Audi TT that I've done some mods to. Stage 1 ecu chip with a cai ( doesn't do much, just sounds cool) ... I also put hids in the foglights and LEDs in the interior... Tinted all around too... Next mod is some new wheels

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I've always liked the Trailbalzer SS their wicked quick for a big SUV ! I'm into cars myself. I've got an 09' Audi TT that I've done some mods to. Stage 1 ecu chip with a cai ( doesn't do much, just sounds cool) ... I also put hids in the foglights and LEDs in the interior... Tinted all around too... Next mod is some new wheels
Had an 08 A4, gave me nothing but problems

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
Ya man. Its a 455 Olds punched to a 462. 292 comp cam. Arp bolts top to bottom. Balanced and blueprinted. Has a nice rumpety idle! TH 400 with a 3500 b&m stall. It was my first car. Got it when i was 11 and im 40 now.
That's awesome you've had that car for that long. I wish I had a couple of my past hot rods..

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
Right on. I love that about Gen 3/4 L's motors. You see them swapped into any and everything.

I've got a year and a half till the TBSS is paid off then its Corvette time for me!!! I'm done with 4+ seats..

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Had an 08 A4, gave me nothing but problems
Haven't had any real problems yet so to speak, just this obnoxious rattling coming from somewhere in the trunk liner that I can't seem to fix. I'm constantly adding oil to the engine which is a pain, but other than that it's been flawless

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
Haven't had any real problems yet so to speak, just this obnoxious rattling coming from somewhere in the trunk liner that I can't seem to fix. I'm constantly adding oil to the engine which is a pain, but other than that it's been flawless
How much Oil do you have to add between changes?

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I've got an 85 notch back stang that I'm dropping the 5.0 out of an '89 in. I'll be modding the motor for a 350hp output. Should be a fun little rocket.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
EFI makes life so much easier! Do you already have the 89 engine?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I've got an 85 notch back stang that I'm dropping the 5.0 out of an '89 in. I'll be modding the motor for a 350hp output. Should be a fun little rocket.
You can do that with limited motor work and a 120 shot

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I'm more dragstrip orientated....h/c/i/f would get close with tuning

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
My First Truck was a 66 Chevy long bed that we re-did almost completely except for the trans tour out the 327 and dropped in a crate 350 with straight pipes coming straight back! the truck was sick! Dream car has to be the 56 Bel Air though I would love to get my hands on one of those!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
My dream car is an 89 tercel, automatic

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
My First Truck was a 66 Chevy long bed that we re-did almost completely except for the trans tour out the 327 and dropped in a crate 350 with straight pipes coming straight back! the truck was sick! Dream car has to be the 56 Bel Air though I would love to get my hands on one of those!
56 huh? Thats cool. Everyone wants a 55 or 57. Those get kinda played out, and i own a 57 but its a 150 coupe not a bel air.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
56 huh? Thats cool. Everyone wants a 55 or 57. Those get kinda played out, and i own a 57 but its a 150 coupe not a bel air.
Those are really nice to. There is just something about the 50's and early/ mid 60's style of cars that I like, big fins and sweeping body styles plus you can tinker on the motors with out the need of a computer.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Those are really nice to. There is just something about the 50's and early/ mid 60's style of cars that I like, big fins and sweeping body styles plus you can tinker on the motors with out the need of a computer.
I agree. Lots of bold classy styles. Ya the pre-computer dayz. 3 wires and your car ran, so nice.

abish

abish

Awards
Medium olive. Shaved all of the trim but might put it back once I get it back from paint

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Medium olive. Shaved all of the trim but might put it back once I get it back from paint
Those 67-72 trucks are nice. I 've owned 6 of them. One was a long bed that olive green. What trim level is your truck? Is the interior stock?

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
How much Oil do you have to add between changes?
I normally get a full synthetic swap every 5000 miles... Depending on how hard/much I drive the car ill have to add about 3 quarts... I've made it in between oil changes several times without having to add, but I notice when I do more highway driving the car seems to use up a lot more oil

abish

abish

Awards
Those 67-72 trucks are nice. I 've owned 6 of them. One was a long bed that olive green. What trim level is your truck? Is the interior stock?
It's a custom. Interior was stripped when I got it. It's got a 80's model bench with folding arm rest that I'm getting redone soon. I really like the lower trim only look but thats just a 71 option

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
I normally get a full synthetic swap every 5000 miles... Depending on how hard/much I drive the car ill have to add about 3 quarts... I've made it in between oil changes several times without having to add, but I notice when I do more highway driving the car seems to use up a lot more oil
Whoa.. 3 quarts doesn't sound good. If it were like that every time I'd say you got something major going on. Although I don't know much about Audis.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Whoa.. 3 quarts doesn't sound good. If it were like that every time I'd say you got something major going on. Although I don't know much about Audis.
Most vw's and audi's burn some oil. I've never been that low but almost a quart every 5000 miles

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Most vw's and audi's burn some oil. I've never been that low but almost a quart every 5000 miles
Yea, before I got the ecu upgrade it didn't burn near as much, but the added power was well worth it imo.. It came with an option to choose the desired setting so usually on long highway trips I'll select the stock settings and save some fuel as well

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
EFI makes life so much easier! Do you already have the 89 engine?
Yup and the '89 was also the first year that ford switched from an air speed sensor to mass air flow. So there's greater potential there as well.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
My dream car. Black Lambo Gallardo Superlegera with the Underground Racing twin Turbo setup.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Which one of the big 3 has the baddest car. Challenger? Mustang? Camaro? Why?

I personally want a new Shelby Mustang. All black, with black chome wheels.and im a GM guy.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
Camaro- Handling, speed, looks.

The new Z28 with an LS7, Carbon Ceramic brakes, no ac.. That'd be my choice.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

I personally want a new Shelby Mustang. All black, with black chome wheels.and im a GM guy.
Classic Camaro SS, My dream car since I went to my first car show with my dad when I was little. fanboy ever since. No mods, I like the classics all original.

I'm in line to inherit a 38 Ford coupe I will get a pic on my phone so I can show it, my grandfather has been it's only owner and it is mint. Not all original he painted it, put new rims on it, dropped in a bigger engine, etc. But the original parts are all still with it in his garage. Love driving it, love how vintage cars turn heads and everyone looks your way while you're cruisin'

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hell ya! You can see them comming from blocks aways. So much class and style. Anyone else play guess the make and model game?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards

Challenger all the way --->brochure.jpg

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I had a blue 06 tbss rwd and loved it but now that I got my 04.5 Chevy duramax I don't miss it one bit for a 6500 lbs truck it moves I can crush most want a be rice burners

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
I'm really at a cross roads with my TBSS.. For ~$1600 I can get some Kooks LT/Y pipe.. Or I could buy a Turbo and BOV for less than that and run my existing manifolds.

N/A or FI.. I may go FI and splurge on a 4" crank, forged rods/pistons. about the time next spring when I'll be wrapping up this build I'll have a fat profit sharing check.. May have to go turbo E85 with the 4 door corvette.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
I would go turbo just because most guys on the tbss forums have superchargers plus I love the sound of my turbo whistle especially when your spooling it up at the light

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I'll wax that Challenger ass with my TBSS..
Sounds good please be sure to use turtle wax please and be sure to amoral the tires they can get dirty epically with the 470 hp hemi tearing the streets up. ; )