Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this has become my favotie tv show....cell phones/facebook/twitter, i have had enough....tired of seeing grown men acting like little girls.

in the words of zappa...thinking of moving to montana soon....gonna be a dental floss tycoon!!!

seriously, the idea of living off the land is very appealing to me.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Love the show, the dude that traps up in Alaska that has his own plane is nuts. When he's in the bush, HE'S IN THE BUSH.

My retirement hopefully will be split between the Philippines - where we already have a house, and either Alaska or Montana. I've been to Montana on a family vacation a few years ago - Yellowstone, the whole 9 yards. Loved it...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Love the show, the dude that traps up in Alaska that has his own plane is nuts. When he's in the bush, HE'S IN THE BUSH.

My retirement hopefully will be split between the Philippines - where we already have a house, and either Alaska or Montana. I've been to Montana on a family vacation a few years ago - Yellowstone, the whole 9 yards. Loved it...
marty is badass...i like eustice too for living the old school lifestyle....but when i saw rich break off a limb and climb a tree after a mountain lion i bout sheit!!!

bet you won't see those guys driving around town yaking it up on a cell phone like a bunch of little girls....men today have become sissyfied!!!

kumusta ka

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love that show! Dont care much for the new guy with the dogs though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We're going back in April, we got a house in Cebu...
went to cebu city, very nice...kinda liked bagio a little better though.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Love that show! Dont care much for the new guy with the dogs though.
yeah, george seems to have a dark cloud hanging over him, kind of a downer.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Eustice is always bytching about all the repairs he has to do. If wouldnt build such a sh1thole for buildings maybe they wouldnt all fall down and leak. I mean come on 10 chainsaws and no welder or steel on the roof. He makes more work for himself. How does his buddy preston survive when he is always helping eustice?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eustice is always bytching about all the repairs he has to do. If wouldnt build such a sh1thole for buildings maybe they wouldnt all fall down and leak. I mean come on 10 chainsaws and no welder or steel on the roof. He makes more work for himself. How does his buddy preston survive when he is always helping eustice?
You know ive thought the same exact things lol...im kind of tired about hearing about the damn loan too haha

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I like when the wheel fell of his plow. I wonder why maybe cause the fkn bent rusty nail holding it on. Lmao.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You know ive thought the same exact things lol...im kind of tired about hearing about the damn loan too haha
why no mention of paying the loan with the money he gets from the show?

but i still like eustice...even though he seems more like a dreamer and preston is the doer...

marty and rich are f'ng badass to the bone!!!! climbing up that tree after a mountain lion with a stick...priceless!!!!

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
Marty and rich are badazz. I think marty should get a new snomobile. He could just write it off on taxes. That shytty 70s model has to go.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Marty and rich are badazz. I think marty should get a new snomobile. He could just write it off on taxes. That shytty 70s model has to go.
lol...he aint gonna part with that old classic, hell he just got a new motor for it. next you will want gps for his plane and indoor plumbing......low tech is where it's at!!!

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
lol...he aint gonna part with that old classic, hell he just got a new motor for it. next you will want gps for his plane and indoor plumbing......low tech is where it's at!!!
Idk. 2 engines in 2 years. That sled isnt worth $500. He uses it so much new and reliable sounds good to me out there. Now the plane, thats cool. Just like eustice would save $ if he would trade in those horses and ancient plow for a small old tractor and at least a1950s plow. I like watching them overcome the obsticals tho.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Idk. 2 engines in 2 years. That sled isnt worth $500. He uses it so much new and reliable sounds good to me out there. Now the plane, thats cool. Just like eustice would save $ if he would trade in those horses and ancient plow for a small old tractor and at least a1950s plow. I like watching them overcome the obsticals tho.
lol...eustice would NEVER buy a tractor!!!! overcoming obstacles without the use of modern technology is what makes the show-for me anyways.

i like the idea of making do with what you got...and making it work.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
I agree with you. The primative nature is what makes it. Roughing it is cool and being self sufficient is all good, but sometimes the smarter not harder comes in to play. I mean how long has lion hunter been drivin that jeep. I love the truck cuz i like classics but at least put a winch on it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree with you. The primative nature is what makes it. Roughing it is cool and being self sufficient is all good, but sometimes the smarter not harder comes in to play. I mean how long has lion hunter been drivin that jeep. I love the truck cuz i like classics but at least put a winch on it.
lol....you mean wilbur!!! just couldn't picture rich driving a 2013 dodge ram....with capone strapped to the hood, lol.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
lol....you mean wilbur!!! just couldn't picture rich driving a 2013 dodge ram....with capone strapped to the hood, lol.
Ya a brand new power wagon with a dog on the hood. Haha. At least he put outdoor carpet on wilbers hood.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ya a brand new power wagon with a dog on the hood. Haha. At least he put outdoor carpet on wilbers hood.
yup...now that is what you call a hood ornament.

wicked442

wicked442

Board Sponsor
Awards
That Marty is a workin SOB. Not a bad little cabin he is building.