only 19 y/o???

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
saw this on MMI, thought I would post it here to embarass us all.

Doggcrapp posted info about this kid. His numbers are UNFUCKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Get ready for this! This is Big Mike Brown, 19 years old, 308 lbs. Did you hear that? 19 years old!!!!

On November 21, 2004 Mike traveled to Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania to compete in the 2004 IPA Senior National Powerlifting Championships. Mike competed in the Full Power Open Men's Pro Division. He weighed in at 297lbs. In the 308 weight class, Mike took home top honors with four new personal record lifts. At 19 years old he is the youngest lifter to total 2300 pounds.

Squat 850 lbs

Bench 735 lbs (biggest bench ever for a teenager!)

Deadlift 715 lbs

Total 2300 lbs

Think back when you were 19 years old what you were using for weights...Mike started lifting at 15-16 years old. You want to talk about a human forklift with the potential to destroy powerlifting records here he is.
BRING IT BIG MIKE!!!!

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if he has some genetic abnormality, akin to like a myostatin deficiency (due to a mutated gene). Numbers and size like that are just unbelievable for someone my age, and have to raise flags at least for the darn kid's health. Of course, he could just be a fuckin genetic freak and be completely healthy.

And although we see more and more of this everyday (look at the size of NFL players now and 50 years ago) we shouldnt be that suprised that stuff like this comes to light. With the current exponential growth of the world population, genetic abnormalities and extremes should become much much more prevalent. Especially with the way our societies work to place these individuals on pedestals, you'll be seeing alot more of these Mike Brown's in 20 years from now.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Me being 19, I cannot even fathom moving the kind of weight he is. That is absolutely ridiculous

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Me being 19, I cannot even fathom moving the kind of weight he is. That is absolutely ridiculous
Heh, me being 25, I can't even move half as much as him on any of those lifts. :lol:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if he has some genetic abnormality, akin to like a myostatin deficiency (due to a mutated gene)....
Probably not myostatin, he's got way too much BF, IMHO.

However, I'm sure there is some sort of abnormality....I wish I had it :D

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Impressive. he has me beat.
Senior year 18 y.o.
Squat-725
Bench-525
Deadlift-585
I weighed 372 pounds . . .
Dropped to 200 in 6 months, and joined the Marine Corps been trying to get back ever since.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Senior year 18 y.o.
Squat-725
Bench-525
Deadlift-585
Dropped to 200 in 6 months, and joined the Marine Corps been trying to get back ever since.
172lbs in 6 months? Thats pretty ridiculous......how the hell did you pull that off?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Liquid diet, not the smartest thing I have ever done:rolleyes: . I remember when I got out of boot camp, and struggled with 135 on bench what a turnaround.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
thx beelz my confidence has just skyrocketed :(

thats amazing though and you're right, that kid can/will destroy PL records

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Senior year 18 y.o.
Squat-725
Bench-525
Deadlift-585
/me takes second hit to the ego today :(

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Yeah there are guys like this around. I rember Shane Hammond (sp?), the guy who just competed in the Olympics,
did a divebomb squat of over 1000lbs at 20yrs. But the guy is impressive never the less.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
simply amazing, and completely humbling, hopefully he is in good health and can continue to lift into his 30's......who know's how much he'll be lifting then, the idea of 3000 for this kid isn't unfathomable....wow

and what's a divebomb squat?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
What is a "Divebomb Squat"???

ManBeast

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
What is a "Divebomb Squat"???

ManBeast
Basically Shane dropped to the floor so damn fast but controlled that it looks like he's gonna divebomb with the bar. That guy must have tendons of steel and muscles to match to do something like that. A 1000lb squat is impressive enough, but to drop into the hole that quick and not lose the bar is even more impressive.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
ha, that's what i was picturing, but that's re frickin diculous, 1000 pounds and he's bouncin up out of it, them knee wraps must have been on INSANELY tight!