preparing for max outs?

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'm nearing the end of my periodization training, so I'm going very heavy for like 2-3 reps. You guys have any advice for how to put up the best numbers possible when I go to max out in a couple weeks?

I'm thinking take like 600mg caffeine 30 minutes prior. Maybe a high carb meal? Thoughts...

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey guys,

I'm nearing the end of my periodization training, so I'm going very heavy for like 2-3 reps. You guys have any advice for how to put up the best numbers possible when I go to max out in a couple weeks?

I'm thinking take like 600mg caffeine 30 minutes prior. Maybe a high carb meal? Thoughts...
Warm up slowly. Get loose, get warm, and practice your form. I go with empty bar for 100 reps, then add a 25lb plate at a time until I get where I'm going. For something like my balls out best squat or deadlift ever, I'd be looking at 8-10 warm up sets. Each of those sets get the same level of focus as my heaviest set. Practice how you play.

As far as preworkout nutrition, you're going to want to load up the night before, that's where it will matter. For a preworkout, I always seem to set PRs with Enhanced. If that's not available, then yes, I'd probably bomb as much coffee as I could stand.

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Warm up slowly. Get loose, get warm, and practice your form. I go with empty bar for 100 reps, then add a 25lb plate at a time until I get where I'm going. For something like my balls out best squat or deadlift ever, I'd be looking at 8-10 warm up sets. Each of those sets get the same level of focus as my heaviest set. Practice how you play.

As far as preworkout nutrition, you're going to want to load up the night before, that's where it will matter. For a preworkout, I always seem to set PRs with Enhanced. If that's not available, then yes, I'd probably bomb as much coffee as I could stand.
Okay thanks a lot! I have some pure caffeine pills so I'll prolly pop those. Think nitrates would provide more blood flow and and strength? Never hear of the "pump" effect being very effective strength wise

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay thanks a lot! I have some pure caffeine pills so I'll prolly pop those. Think nitrates would provide more blood flow and and strength? Never hear of the "pump" effect being very effective strength wise
I dunno. I took Enhanced for max effort stuff and felt the power. I don't think it's the nitrates, but you'd have to check with a rep to be sure. Bolt and Rodja are good guys that represent PES and are dilligent strength athletes. Hit up one of those guys if you want to know more.