PS4 or XBOX ONE, what you buying

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
I've always preferred the online experience of Xbox so I play Xbox and don't touch my PS3 all that much. But when they came out and said what they were gonna do I was like **** you guys and I went out and pre-ordered the PS4. Of course Micro Soft has done a 180 now (only because Sony is killing in pre-sales) I had thought about going back to them but can't bring myself to do so just on principle. What are you guys gonna buy and why? I'll get the Xbox One later in it's life cycle though, when it cheaper!

nikolce

nikolce

Awards
Xbox = better games

Ps4 = better console
That's what's ****ing me

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
Xbox = better games

Ps4 = better console
That's what's ****ing me
100% true me too, but what did it for me is the uncaring attitude toward the gamer that Micro soft shows. Plus when it's all said and done I just wanna game I don't need another TV box. Sony focuses on the gamer so I'll just have to get used to that damn PS4 controller!!

nikolce

nikolce

Awards
100% true me too, but what did it for me is the uncaring attitude toward the gamer that Micro soft shows. Plus when it's all said and done I just wanna game I don't need another TV box. Sony focuses on the gamer so I'll just have to get used to that damn PS4 controller!!
I agree if only ps4 buy out fable it would be so good

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Xbox

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Xbox, all day.

There's absolutely nothing I like about any PS platform I've ever encountered.

Shiiiiiiit, I didn't realize they were available for pre-order.

Just placed my order with Amazon for the Day One edition. Woot!

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
Xbox, all day.

There's absolutely nothing I like about any PS platform I've ever encountered.

Shiiiiiiit, I didn't realize they were available for pre-order.

Just placed my order with Amazon for the Day One edition. Woot!
I was to man but as I said; that middle finger to the fans with all those restrictions, soured me. And now the 180 (change of heart?) Not cool!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I do get one, it will be the Xbox.

I despise the PlayStation. The controller is awful, the games are subpar, the online experience is unmonitored and frequently hacked, and the price is generally ludicrous (PS3 v 360 anyone).

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
When I do get one, it will be the Xbox.

I despise the PlayStation. The controller is awful, the games are subpar, the online experience is unmonitored and frequently hacked, and the price is generally ludicrous (PS3 v 360 anyone).
Lol, I don't despise the play station the controller is what I have to over come. Hoping to buy an after market controller more like Xbox's. Not sure if you heard but PS4 is coming in $100 cheaper than the Xbox One. So that's a bonus.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, I don't despise the play station the controller is what I have to over come. Hoping to buy an after market controller more like Xbox's. Not sure if you heard but PS4 is coming in $100 cheaper than the Xbox One. So that's a bonus.
Even if its cheaper it won't alter my buying. I don't plan to buy any of them ad first gens, and I don't support Sony. Never have, never will.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is a tough call. Haven't played the ps3 much. I like my xbox 360. Haven't read all the hype and bashing just heard about it. It is clear to see that xbox has more game options. Either way I am holding out for a while.

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
It is a tough call. Haven't played the ps3 much. I like my xbox 360. Haven't read all the hype and bashing just heard about it. It is clear to see that xbox has more game options. Either way I am holding out for a while.
I hear you, but you have to check out the clip with the micro soft exec saying "no internet?, than we got a system for you..its called the Xbox 360!!!!! WTF? I was floored!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even if its cheaper it won't alter my buying. I don't plan to buy any of them ad first gens, and I don't support Sony. Never have, never will.
I'm with you. I've had my OG 360 for 7 years, my 360 slim for 3...cost is no issue for something that gets used in my home almost daily, and for literally YEARS. We netflix, Hulu, rent PPV...we use it for everything damn near.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i don't really game at all....but if it was up to me i'd go xbox everyday, i just don't know anyone who plays ps and the xbox seems like the best option for real gamers

i'm currently looking for a free xbox 360 or extremely cheap xbox since i bought a house, just to buy some good reviewed used games on the cheap

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
i don't really game at all....but if it was up to me i'd go xbox everyday, i just don't know anyone who plays ps and the xbox seems like the best option for real gamers

i'm currently looking for a free xbox 360 or extremely cheap xbox since i bought a house, just to buy some good reviewed used games on the cheap
I don't know anyone either, Lol, but I'll meet new people I guess. Still gonna use the 360 though, it still has a lot of life in it yet.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
PC...oh wait. I was thinkign of gettign the PS4, but since you're goign to have to pay for online service now, **** that.

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
Well I pre-ordered the PS4 and COD Ghosts. Sick and tired of COD right now but hopefully that'll change.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Keeping my PC and outperforming both combined while still playing the same games as well as countless games those consoles won't be running :booty:

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
Keeping my PC and outperforming both combined while still playing the same games as well as countless games those consoles won't be running :booty:
Never gamed on the PC. Everyone says its better though. But you have to get a gaming PC right like a high performance one.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Never gamed on the PC. Everyone says its better though. But you have to get a gaming PC right like a high performance one.
You need to build one, or go to a site like cyberpowerpc.com and have them build it for you. Do not just walk into Walmart, or Best Buy and buy a PC if you want a gaming PC and don't order one online at the Best Buy store, they're all junk.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Have you seen the new Rise of The Triad game coming out? It's the return of Old School PC gaming.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you haven't checked out the new GTA 5 video out do it. Looks real crisp and looks like they got some ideas from Saints Row. Plus you control a whole team doing jobs.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So I have a question. I have kids with both systems. One that prefers the xbox and two that prefer the ps.

My husband says the new xbox has a camera that xbox can turn on and watch you at any given time so we cant get it. Has anyone else heard that?

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
So I have a question. I have kids with both systems. One that prefers the xbox and two that prefer the ps.

My husband says the new xbox has a camera that xbox can turn on and watch you at any given time so we cant get it. Has anyone else heard that?
Anything is possible I Suppose but I think your husband was talking about Microsoft saying the Xbox always has to be connected to the internet to work, they have since backed away from this as people were mad and Sony was beating them in pre sales. Xbox wants to be everything for you, you connect it to your cable box and watch TV through it use the computer through it and game. I don't need all that Sony is just gaming plus $100 cheaper.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
PS4 here for sure, because it's a gaming console first, while the xbox one is the microsofts attempt to merge a windows media center PC with a newier Xbox. From a gaming perspective, the PS4 is MUCH more powerful machine. This isn't like last gen with the ps3 vs xbox 360. In that case while the PS3 was more powerful it was MUCH harder to code for to get access to all the power, while with next gen the systems use very similar pc style hardware. From the raw numbers the PS4 has 50% more graphics power, potentially 12% faster CPU, substantially faster memory and more dedicated to gaming as the xbox one needs to dedicate a large chunk to making the tv and kinect work smoothly.

Add in playstation plus with awesome monthly games for $5 a month (I got battlefield 3 and saints row 3 this month :-D ), support for indie games which is bringing in much of what makes PC great and of course, the price tag of $100 less, it's not even a contest. I've already cut the cord on TV, getting tv content online and outside of the US their tv support isn't going to be around at launch from what they're saying.

If TV is big thing for you and having voice powered TV is worth the price tag, then go for an xbox, but thats not why I'm buying a games console ;)

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
Microsoft has said there will be privacy setting available, though the console physically wont' work without it plugged in. Also Microsoft is in bed with the NSA and prism. In theory there shouldn't be a problem but recent news has shown that the US government is willing to ignore privacy rules and legal process to get what they want. Even if microsoft has your best interest at heart, will they have your back with the NSA breathing down their neck? I like to be an optimist but this is something you need to weigh up for yourself and decide.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Microsoft has said there will be privacy setting available, though the console physically wont' work without it plugged in. Also Microsoft is in bed with the NSA and prism. In theory there shouldn't be a problem but recent news has shown that the US government is willing to ignore privacy rules and legal process to get what they want. Even if microsoft has your best interest at heart, will they have your back with the NSA breathing down their neck? I like to be an optimist but this is something you need to weigh up for yourself and decide.
But you have to understand it's worth it to play the new COD, they have a dog in the game man, a dog!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I think it's very possible that it's a fact, but not really proof at this point.

PS4 has a lot of capability as far as games go. - From my experience, it seems most adults will purchase a PS4, and most children will go for the XBOX.

I personally have no interest in either, and will continue with PC gaming.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
XBOX and Forza 5 all the way. Forza makes Gran Turismo look like a game from the 90's..

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
XBOX and Forza 5 all the way. Forza makes Gran Turismo look like a game from the 90's..
I hear ya, but can't get over Microsoft's business practices so on that level I have to switch to Sony. I just can't reward them with my money for what they were willing to do to us the gamers.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
I'm right there with ya. Hell look at Bill Gates as a whole and his eugenics practices. He's a scum bag that supports some ****ed up ideas.

rphash49

Awards
I used to play games both pc and ps3 but I discovered the gym! Playing games is bad for yours gains ladies! I would bet that most of your hours playing games are in a catabolic state. You forget to eat food and drink water and then five hours later you realize you lost track of time and you are now punny.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm buying both. Simply put halo will never go to the PlayStation. Final fantasy games are just better plus nostalgic for me on the PlayStation.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I used to play games both pc and ps3 but I discovered the gym! Playing games is bad for yours gains ladies! I would bet that most of your hours playing games are in a catabolic state. You forget to eat food and drink water and then five hours later you realize you lost track of time and you are now punny.
Bull****. I never skip a meal, ever.

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
I'm right there with ya. Hell look at Bill Gates as a whole and his eugenics practices. He's a scum bag that supports some ****ed up ideas.
Lol, I know who is he to say who should breed! Plus if it's only gonna be smart people than there's going to a whole race of UGLY people and I'm sure he's including himself in there!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I don't tend to get that lost in a game. Plus I eat big meals not mini meals constantly.

CaptnCaveman

CaptnCaveman

Banned
Awards
To me it really seems like the ps4 is gonna be a better buy for avid gamers. As people have already mentioned, Microsoft doesn't give a damn about their customers and I really expect them to try and implement their idea about keeping purchased games tagged to the original console they're played on and trying to eliminate or profit off of games resale, just as soon as they figure out how to spin it as being good for the customer...

Sony is supporting indie developers, the hardware seems solid, and it looks like there will be decent games coming out, as well as a good selection of mmo's. And it's $100 less. Sonys gonna get my money.

Matt73

Matt73

Awards
Yup, just a few of the many reasons for me too. The SLAP in the face and their NERVE is what really gets me.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Won't be buying either until the price point comes down. I own both a PS3 and a 360 and both are suiting me just fine at the moment. PS3 is my bluray player and streams all my shows/movies from my PC so I'm content with it for now.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Won't be buying either until the price point comes down. I own both a PS3 and a 360 and both are suiting me just fine at the moment. PS3 is my bluray player and streams all my shows/movies from my PC so I'm content with it for now.
Plus alot of the games at the start will be on either previous console. Example:halo and gta 5 plus the newer assassins creed *5* ect ect.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plus alot of the games at the start will be on either previous console. Example:halo and gta 5 plus the newer assassins creed *5* ect ect.
Not to mention the backlog I have to work through still on the current "next-gen" consoles... Halo 4... Assassin's Creed 2 (for ****'s sake!)!!!