What types of tests do insurance cover?
- 01-06-2005, 12:58 AM
- 01-06-2005, 01:14 AM
depends on your coverage but in most of the cases I've heard of people getting blood word to check HDL, LDL, test, liver values had to pay on their own.
My father just had liver values run to check a condition he has and he paid through the nose even after insurance paid it's share.
- 01-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Most insurances will cover everything except for the copay. Just make sure your doctor orders the test. I get mine every 6 months due to other medical conditions and I only pay $20.
01-06-2005, 11:29 AM
03-28-2009, 02:29 AM
anything else we can get use insurance for to help use build muscle or lose weight? how about messages, any tricks to get the insurance to pay for that?
03-28-2009, 03:15 AM
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Most insurance companies cover almost all tests provided that there is a reason to be testing those things, IE claim erectile dysfunction to test testosterone levels. Cholesterol you can say that high cholesterol runs in the family and you want to see where you are. Liver and kidney function tests can be done if you just tell your doctor you are on a very high amount of protein and are not sure if its impacting your liver or not. stuff like that thre still is a co-pay but as long as there is a good reason for the test the insurance company will cover it.
Similar Forum Threads
- By stankyleg in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 6Last Post: 04-09-2012, 05:40 PM
- By Trauma1 in forum Athletix SportsReplies: 110Last Post: 12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
- By TheMeatus101 in forum General ChatReplies: 15Last Post: 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM
- By waynaferd in forum Training ForumReplies: 31Last Post: 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
- By 17amethyl in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 01-26-2010, 09:23 AM