shty bosses

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I'll go first.
After 8 years, my wife asked to work 30 hours instead of 40 (and still be on call 24/7) and take a pay cut. They responded by firing her on the spot today.

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
I'll go first.
After 8 years, my wife asked to work 30 hours instead of 40 (and still be on call 24/7) and take a pay cut. They responded by firing her on the spot today.
Take that weight you have there and drop it on their desk

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
Take that weight you have there and drop it on their desk
Shouldn't of said that really but that firing on the spot sounded tyrannical. I dunno man she needs your support, tell her if those are the kind of people she is working with perhaps she is better off elsewhere

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Shouldn't of said that really but that firing on the spot sounded tyrannical. I dunno man she needs your support, tell if those are the kind of people she is working with perhaps she is better off elsewhere
Oh no doubt. More time with our daughters, and some personal training for cash at her own schedule. The shock how these people wrote stellar reviews of her for the past 8 years, then got extremely mean and nasty in 2 seconds. This is not the first time they've done this to their employees, some have worked there for 20+ years!! Gone in 3 minutes.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh no doubt. More time with our daughters, and some personal training for cash at her own schedule. The shock how these people wrote stellar reviews of her for the past 8 years, then got extremely mean and nasty in 2 seconds. This is not the first time they've done this to their employees, some have worked there for 20+ years!! Gone in 3 minutes.
Tell her to collect unemployment off of their asses & take a vacation. F em.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
When I first moved here I was hired to manage a furniture warehouse. The owners of the family business told me I could have off work the day after Fat Tuesday of Mardi gras. That Wednesday I'm sleeping off a hangover when I get a call asking why I'm not there, blahblahblah maybe it's time for me to find a new job. They did that and gave my job to some family friend who needed employment. ****ing worthless pieces of **** I hope all the bad things in life happen to them and them only. Yes, mad. I ended up having to move back in with the parents for a while after that.

But I'm better off having lost that job. Wasn't going anywhere. Also sorry about your wife y'all will be better off in the end.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Today, they have offered a severance of 3 months pay. But this agreeing to not speak negativity of them is BS. I told her to not sign it and let's sue. She doesn't understand that they are more scared of her bad mouthing them than she should be of the severance $...

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Today, they have offered a severance of 3 months pay. But this agreeing to not speak negativity of them is BS. I told her to not sign it and let's sue. She doesn't understand that they are more scared of her bad mouthing them than she should be of the severance $...
They want her to sign so she doesn't sue because it sounds like the situation was handled incorrectly on their part and now they're like oh **** lets give her a cookie and have her sign that there's no hard feelings

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
fuk that. if the story s really as simple as that, then sue them. get HR on their ass too

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What can you sue for, though? If you're in an at-will state, their a$$es are pretty well covered in that regard. Unless they blatantly discriminated against her as some protected class (race, sex, religion, etc), it might not be worth the hassle.

You may not be angry in 3 months, but you'd still be fighting in court. Use it as an opportunity to move on into something that is an even better fit for her, you & your family.

Aka fuk you, pay me.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
What can you sue for, though? If you're in an at-will state, their a$$es are pretty well covered in that regard. Unless they blatantly discriminated against her as some protected class (race, sex, religion, etc), it might not be worth the hassle.

You may not be angry in 3 months, but you'd still be fighting in court. Use it as an opportunity to move on into something that is an even better fit for her, you & your family.

Aka fuk you, pay me.
I definitely agree. However there might be something an attorney would like, but I'm not going to take the time and effort to do so...
She asked for a reduced work week and salary due to a doctor note recommending so. Her anxiety disorder is caused and exacerbated by work there since her new boss started micro managing.
From what I understand, ADA says you only need to disclose disability when asking for a modified or reduced workload. The HR guy refused to acknowledge the doctor note or disability, saying she needed to submit that earlier, and that she was terminated now.

While I don't know the ins and outs of it, it seems like there may be something to fight with on that?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, man it's sure possible. If you find a lawyer that works on contingency and gives a free consult, it's sure worth looking into.

Be sure to weigh the pros & cons, though. IMHO, sometimes it's better to just be rid of a toxic situation...I mean while you cash severance & unemployment checks. :D

I speak from similar experience; I've had a shyt boss, with a garbage company. I chose to resign, but after a month or 2 my state of mind was worth having just walked away. Ymmv, though, and if they broke a law they should absolutely be held accountable.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I definitely agree. However there might be something an attorney would like, but I'm not going to take the time and effort to do so...
She asked for a reduced work week and salary due to a doctor note recommending so. Her anxiety disorder is caused and exacerbated by work there since her new boss started micro managing.
From what I understand, ADA says you only need to disclose disability when asking for a modified or reduced workload. The HR guy refused to acknowledge the doctor note or disability, saying she needed to submit that earlier, and that she was terminated now.

While I don't know the ins and outs of it, it seems like there may be something to fight with on that?

Do you guys live in an at will state? Quite a few states have what I think is called an implied exception or something like that. For the length of time she's worked there I would def talk to a lawyer because maybe their policies have changed along the way but maybe the HR hasn't kept up.

For example when she was hired I'm sure she signed or went through an employee handbook staying their policies. If throughout the years these policies changed but they didn't require new signatures or updated handbooks it might fall back to the original contract she signed.

There are a lot of opportunities for a company to screw up in 20 years. I'd talk to a lawyer and see If you could exploit some of the those.

Yes it might be a hassle to hire a lawyer and go through all the BS but that's exactly what they count on, you not giving a big enough shyt to follow through.

Good luck

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I appreciate your insight. She and I are divided... I say lets attack and she's ready to take the money and end the bad dream. I may seek council just to run it by them on a contingency like you said. This without telling her unless there's a worthy case.
Edit... Illinois btw

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I appreciate your insight. She and I are divided... I say lets attack and she's ready to take the money and end the bad dream. I may seek council just to run it by them on a contingency like you said. This without telling her unless there's a worthy case.
Edit... Illinois btw
Whats the company? Any place we could protest by not giving our hard earned money to?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Big hoyty toyty gym club, not corporate though
Gyms are like that I got the Ax from one that enjoys their fitness 24hours a day for a complete BS reason I had been there a few years and was making them a grip of money. Take them to court, the company is put on notice as soon as your wife let them know about the issue. Just because they chose to not do anything about it doesn't give them a free pass. There is a good possibility that you have a winning case on your hands.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Well, she ended up taking the severance...
I could have pressed it but I didn't want the whole summer to be high stress and tension. Happy wife = happy life, ya know?
That place can still kiss my ass always and forever

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Well, she ended up taking the severance...
I could have pressed it but I didn't want the whole summer to be high stress and tension. Happy wife = happy life, ya know?
That place can still kiss my ass always and forever

At least it's resolved and you can move on, and so can she. Good luck in whatever she decides to do next.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Wow, it's so nice without her phone going off every 3 minutes. It's like I got my wife back. I know this is the honeymoon period with the severance and all. But she's being proactive with getting interviews doing personal training and teaching group fitness classes. Nowhere near replacing the salary, but steps in the right direction at least

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Wow, it's so nice without her phone going off every 3 minutes. It's like I got my wife back. I know this is the honeymoon period with the severance and all. But she's being proactive with getting interviews doing personal training and teaching group fitness classes. Nowhere near replacing the salary, but steps in the right direction at least
No amount of money can pay for piece of mind! Enjoy the summer!