Do we really not have a Pain and Gain thread?

TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

Awards
I saw it last night. Movie is a riot. Dwayne Johnson is swole.

Must see if you lift

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read it was hilarious with excellent comedic timing by the three leads. From what I saw in the trailer there were plenty of BB jokes and stereotypes to poke fun at. Especially where one of the characters has to do some concentration curl pumps because he is stressed.

Saw Oblivion today, Pain & Gain is on for next weekend.

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Just saw it tonight. The Rock is a friggin' TANK in it. Wahlberg was big in his own sense. The story totally threw me for a loop toward the end though. Pretty good movie.. I mean, how could any of us on here not like it?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Just saw it tonight. Was a good movie, had some funny parts. The Rocks character was pretty funny at times. coulda definitely waited till it was on video. I say great as a rental, ok in the theatre.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not as funny as I expected....

A lot darker than I expected....

Worth watching though. Rock was a frigging monster.

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
Not as funny as I expected....

A lot darker than I expected....

Worth watching though. Rock was a frigging monster.
Totally agree. The previews totally contradicted the actual storyline, atleast in my eyes. Still enjoyed it though.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I guess my issue is originally the previews made it seem like a comedy based on gym rats. Thier mentalities and actions, and so on... Then its revealed as a crime drama/dark comedy. Also it was based on actual events, and some family members are pretty pissed about how the targeted killing of their relative is being aired as comedy in this film. I smell lawsuits in the waiting...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it's awful, saw it on friday....what a waste

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
What a bunch of complainers
Not me! I liked it, especially since it highlighted real events and even showed real evidence pics in the credits. It was just kinda misleading by the previews.. Still enjoyed the movie nonetheless.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is like watching Fast & Furious just for the over the top attitude about cars.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Still waiting to go see it...

Mark was jacked, steroid style?

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards

It's hard to tell.. He looked more water weight big. I'm gonna say he was around 200-205 & I'm pretty sure I heard he gained 40lbs since filming Ted so you be the judge.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards

It's hard to tell.. He looked more water weight big. I'm gonna say he was around 200-205 & I'm pretty sure I heard he gained 40lbs since filming Ted so you be the judge.
Straight dbol deca carbs and sodium. 100% water buffalo. If he didn't put the weight on he wouldn't have been able to play along side of the rock. I'm pretty sure he was out of his mind on gear too though. I don't think I've seen him that big and lean before.

TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

Awards
Straight dbol deca carbs and sodium. 100% water buffalo. If he didn't put the weight on he wouldn't have been able to play along side of the rock. I'm pretty sure he was out of his mind on gear too though. I don't think I've seen him that big and lean before.
Dwayne Johnson is goal physique

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I read The Rock is only between 215-225? At 6'4 it's a decent size, but nothing crazy. I could be wrong, maybe I'll look into it a bit more.

I'm not taking anything away, guys a physical specimen. I think it's from being surrounded my near mortals that makes him seem larger than he really is, :lol:

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I read The Rock is only between 215-225? At 6'4 it's a decent size, but nothing crazy. I could be wrong, maybe I'll look into it a bit more.

I'm not taking anything away, guys a physical specimen. I think it's from being surrounded my near mortals that makes him seem larger than he really is, :lol:
I just looked it up and his weight is between 265-275.....

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
You guys ever see walberg's fckin in home gym! It's bigger and more equipped than most I've been to. Automatic bay doors n shyt too...

Rich people...

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
You guys ever see walberg's fckin in home gym! It's bigger and more equipped than most I've been to. Automatic bay doors n shyt too...

Rich people...
Meh..ill let him have all those commodities. With the almost unlimited of access of human growth, he still disappoints as far as physique goes.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Meh..ill let him have all those commodities. With the almost unlimited of access of human growth, he still disappoints as far as physique goes.
I feel like this is more because of the roles he plays. I don't think Ted would have been the same if he was jacked out of his mind trying to play a stoner who has a talking teddy bear.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It looked like he worked out in Ted, not big, but you could tell he lifts.

Word....

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saw it last night. Funny and entertaining. It's was a good movie. The Rock was definitely looking beastly.

purebred

Am I the only one who just found out Taylor Swift is on AnabolicMinds? :)
Not going to lie. You sound like you're mad.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I read somewhere or saw on TV that walberg walks around between 180-190 but had to cut down to 165 for Ted to look "normal". And he gained 40 lbs after Ted for pain and gain. So really it wouldn't be that unbelievable for him to get to 205-210 natty coming off a heavy cut for Ted. Could be wrong though just thinking out loud.

TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

Awards
One thing that did bother me was not the movie, but the audience. It was about 25% regular people, 25% lifters and 50% highschool douchebags in tanks yelling at the screen.

FUBARMD

Awards
  • Established
Its based off a true story. The two guys are currently on death row for their actions

krazyg3o

krazyg3o

Awards
Ahh man, I saw a preview for this watching G.I.Joe and really want to see it. The Rock looks insane, and walberg is really bulked up. Its funny how the Rock got really lean but didn't see a lot of him in the media but he is everywhere now that he is a giant

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for someone who doesn't like the rock, i think he's a bad actor and was never a fan of his physique, just never thought it was anything special

he really looked good in the movie and wasn't bad at acting either....i think he worked with george farrah for pain and gain

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
for someone who doesn't like the rock, i think he's a bad actor and was never a fan of his physique, just never thought it was anything special

he really looked good in the movie and wasn't bad at acting either....i think he worked with george farrah for pain and gain
Best part for the rock was the neighborhood watch part. All coked up jackin his jaw and doin bumps behind the signs Walberg had up. I was dying lmao

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Best part for the rock was the neighborhood watch part. All coked up jackin his jaw and doin bumps behind the signs Walberg had up. I was dying lmao
yeah that part was awesome...also liked towards the end when he's cooking outside...don't want to ruin it for anyone who didn't see it but he was too dumb to realize what was happening

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
yeah that part was awesome...also liked towards the end when he's cooking outside...don't want to ruin it for anyone who didn't see it but he was too dumb to realize what was happening
I just about died during that scene

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
That was awesome . The rocks character got awesome after he went coke head.

mstep

mstep

Awards
  • Established
coke head jesus freak lmaooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! i died when i watched it last night

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
I thought it was hilarious when they first meet the Rock in the gym, the black dude is asking him all the Bro-science questions like, "How much protein do you eat a day? Do you take added amino acids post workout?" I'm pretty sure I was the only one laughing at the part. lol

TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

Awards
I thought it was hilarious when they first meet the Rock in the gym, the black dude is asking him all the Bro-science questions like, "How much protein do you eat a day? Do you take added amino acids post workout?" I'm pretty sure I was the only one laughing at the part. lol
I lost it there as well. The protein part is just too much real life.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Solid dry humor throughout but the vivid torture scenes did not exactly match a dark comedy.I am thinking of those older British films which were dark comedies based on murder or theft.-Ladykillers, Kind Hearts & Coronets, Lavender Hill Mob, Assasination Bureau, etc. The violence was much better handled. A good relatively modern example is how Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrrels intertwined violence and humor.

The fellows were really stupid as if they were cartoon characters brought to life.

But the one liners were priceless- Especially where Wahlberg motivates one of the flagging guys.. "when you came to me you were 28% body fat and I got you down to 8%" etc.etc.