Do we really not have a Pain and Gain thread?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

for someone who doesn't like the rock, i think he's a bad actor and was never a fan of his physique, just never thought it was anything special

he really looked good in the movie and wasn't bad at acting either....i think he worked with george farrah for pain and gain

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    for someone who doesn't like the rock, i think he's a bad actor and was never a fan of his physique, just never thought it was anything special

he really looked good in the movie and wasn't bad at acting either....i think he worked with george farrah for pain and gain
    Best part for the rock was the neighborhood watch part. All coked up jackin his jaw and doin bumps behind the signs Walberg had up. I was dying lmao
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Best part for the rock was the neighborhood watch part. All coked up jackin his jaw and doin bumps behind the signs Walberg had up. I was dying lmao
    yeah that part was awesome...also liked towards the end when he's cooking outside...don't want to ruin it for anyone who didn't see it but he was too dumb to realize what was happening
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Answers

yeah that part was awesome...also liked towards the end when he's cooking outside...don't want to ruin it for anyone who didn't see it but he was too dumb to realize what was happening
    I just about died during that scene
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

That was awesome . The rocks character got awesome after he went coke head.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Answers

That was awesome . The rocks character got awesome after he went coke head.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

coke head jesus freak lmaooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! i died when i watched it last night
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Answers

I thought it was hilarious when they first meet the Rock in the gym, the black dude is asking him all the Bro-science questions like, "How much protein do you eat a day? Do you take added amino acids post workout?" I'm pretty sure I was the only one laughing at the part. lol
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pow_wow41 View Post
    I thought it was hilarious when they first meet the Rock in the gym, the black dude is asking him all the Bro-science questions like, "How much protein do you eat a day? Do you take added amino acids post workout?" I'm pretty sure I was the only one laughing at the part. lol
    I lost it there as well. The protein part is just too much real life.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  171 lbs.
    Answers

Solid dry humor throughout but the vivid torture scenes did not exactly match a dark comedy.I am thinking of those older British films which were dark comedies based on murder or theft.-Ladykillers, Kind Hearts & Coronets, Lavender Hill Mob, Assasination Bureau, etc. The violence was much better handled. A good relatively modern example is how Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrrels intertwined violence and humor.

The fellows were really stupid as if they were cartoon characters brought to life.

But the one liners were priceless- Especially where Wahlberg motivates one of the flagging guys.. "when you came to me you were 28% body fat and I got you down to 8%" etc.etc.
  11. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

I did laugh a few times, but I was disappointed in the movie overall.
    Some of the stuff just didn't seem real, and they seemed like they put more emphasis on lifting when the movie was more about a kidnapping. It was ok, but GI Joe and Iron Man are on my list next.

I did Wikipedia the movie and a lot of that stuff really happened. Crazy.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    I did laugh a few times, but I was disappointed in the movie overall.
    Some of the stuff just didn't seem real, and they seemed like they put more emphasis on lifting when the movie was more about a kidnapping. It was ok, but GI Joe and Iron Man are on my list next.

I did Wikipedia the movie and a lot of that stuff really happened. Crazy.
    Did you miss the part where it said it was a true story? They were playin individuals that were weightlifting, kidnapping morons so every part of the plot was fitting based on actual events and personalities of those involved. Of course they were dramatized a bit but if you read the 3 part article written in the Miami newspaper in the 90s about the real course of events with these guys then you'd prolly see the movie in a different light. Everyone should read the article before they see it. Here's the link to it http://www.miaminewtimes.com/special...-film-1890864/

I actually thought the movie was going to be crazier since the true story was more messed up then what you see on screen but they did capture the key parts.
  13. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Did you miss the part where it said it was a true story? They were playin individuals that were weightlifting, kidnapping morons so every part of the plot was fitting based on actual events and personalities of those involved. Of course they were dramatized a bit but if you read the 3 part article written in the Miami newspaper in the 90s about the real course of events with these guys then you'd prolly see the movie in a different light. Everyone should read the article before they see it. Here's the link to it http://www.miaminewtimes.com/special...-film-1890864/

I actually thought the movie was going to be crazier since the true story was more messed up then what you see on screen but they did capture the key parts.
    Read my last sentence Mike....
    I'm going to check out the article.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Movie wasn't that good, also to long for the type of movie it I'd. I should have waited for in on VOD/DVD
  15. Registered User
    Answers

definitely entertaining ha
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Watching this movie and have it paused. It's at the 49 minute mark and it's almost so bad I want to shut it off. Don't know if I'll even finish watching it. Terrible terrible movie!
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Answers

I was ridiculously disappointed with it myself
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bryancap77 View Post
    I was ridiculously disappointed with it myself
    Yeah I paused and looked how much time was left and was like...seriously? This movie is 2 hours long!???.
    S.N.S. Rep

19. Registered User
    Answers

Might watch the rest tomorrow, might not.
    S.N.S. Rep

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Do we really know the real Carl Lanore?
    By Mac45 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
  2. Do We Really Need to Take Vitamin Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 06:24 PM
  3. supps. we may not have thought of
    By JohnnieFreeze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 01:03 PM
  4. Do we really have to pay taxes?