Van Damme

R

Renton405

Awards
Does anyone know what vandammes arm and other measurments were at the times when he did bloodsport and kickboxer??
I thought he was in absolute supurb condition in kickboxer, i sometimes wondered if there was a little anabolic use before his filmed the movie...His arms looked bigger than some of the +200 pounders in the movie...

J

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
yeah- look at the streetfighter promo poster- he has that cool between tricep and bicep muscle- damn it looks cool.

then again in nowhere ot run- he doesnt look that specail-

hehe kicker boxer 4 was cool- tong po owns his own island- remindes me sasha mitchell got done over for beating his wife and now hides in mexico like chhhhhhhhhhhh dude.................it was on donahue so it must be true.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I think he had a pretty bad coke problem for a while or still does.

J

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
umm Van damme, one of my many rolemodels as a kid has said in numerous article that he has obsession type of problems which suit
a)weight training
b)drug habits
c)woman issues or issues with his women.

The dude was like was into gymnastics- took up weight lifting and apparently won some europeon title(nothing major league) and starred in like syborg and as the predator in "predator".

He hasnt takin anabolics to my knowledge-im sure after being a coke head-douche bag he would say if he took **** or didnt witha striaght face-
but roids are considered a cheaters drugs(though its not) so theres a complimentry level of embarrsement acknowledging he's taking such substances.

Plus he's not that big of a dude- in reailty- he's short, petite just a bit thick in a few places.

anyway JCVD's best scene was in that movie where he dies and has to escape the island fortress and he's doing deadlifts with a bathtub full of water- in the timelapse when his muscles are strained n he looks so fuckin jacked theres just no way to fake muscles being taut and strained like that without doing the actual deadlifts for a few minutes- good on him- I still think he's waY WORTHY.

R

Renton405

Awards
Plus he's not that big of a dude- in reailty- he's short, petite just a bit thick in a few places..
Do you really think that?? In kickboxer he had to be at least 190 with very low bodyfat, which his cloths on he looked like a solid 200...His bodyfat levels in kickboxer were very impressive, and it seems retaining the mass he did at those levels seems a little sketchy too me(combine this with van damme ego)..I mean at the end of the movie where he fights tong po there are parts where he looks beyond shredded during some takes...If you look at the begining of the movie you'll notice van damme and the person who plays his brother(who gets paralized)- the brother is definatly at a bigger bodyweight it looks than van damme, but van damme's arms put the other guy to shame compared..

J

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
dude im 190 cut- and I aint ****- his body was easy to acheive

Btw I havent done any anabolics yet-(minus methyl dht/m5-which arent widely known for putting on quality mass like test eth)

Yo' its not like your body just eats muscle at low bodyfat levels- it depends if he ever was fat and his genetics- and he's sorted in both.
I have friends bigger then him(natty) they just train for 6 years + and yeah they're sliced-some black some croatian some just white- so its not really a gene thing either.
Granted I dotn remeber his arms form Kickboxer- but that alone says enough.

he does look damn good now that I remember- like when Tong slices his thigh with the glass glove's- he does look like 8-9% easy-
But dont forget lighting/tanning and all that ****

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't he nominated for best actor this year in time cop 5?

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
nah best hair cut with the van damminator mullet of his

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Didn't VanDamme get his ass kicked by Frank Zitto, president of a Hells Angels chapter in New York? I remember talk about it a couple of years ago. Van Damme was acting up, high and mighty, at a night club and Zitto knocked him out. I'm sure alcohol had a play in it, to say the least.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Didn't VanDamme get his ass kicked by Frank Zitto, president of a Hells Angels chapter in New York? I remember talk about it a couple of years ago. Van Damme was acting up, high and mighty, at a night club and Zitto knocked him out. I'm sure alcohol had a play in it, to say the least.
Actually, I heard this story on Howard Stern by Frank Zitto.

Anywho, supposedly Frank Zitto and Van Damme are in a club, and one of the bouncers comes over to Zitto and says something to the effect of "hey, Van Damme said you were a pussy". So, Zitto waltzes over to Van Damme and questions him. Van Damme stands up and pushes a table away. At this time, Zitto doesn't want Van Damme to pull any of the crazy kung fu **** so he levels him with one punch while Van Damme was pushing the table. Again, this story was told on the Stern show by Zitto himself so it should have a slight amount of truth to it.

J

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
Thanx for the pictures Renton, Love that movie
Yeah' hes not as big as I thought he was, but he's still fuckin King

R

Renton405

Awards
too bad the coke and acting skills brought him down like that..I think compared to his torso size his arm development is really good

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I've got an older powerlifter buddy who worked out at a golds that van damme used to work out at. He said the guy had great legs, but the rest wasn't all that great.

He also said he did some "funky" (to say the least) workouts. I.E. 'supposedly' when he was doing pull-ups, he had another guy (his workout partner) stradle him from the front and hold on while he did pull-ups...:think: that guy said he also saw platz get his clock cleaned by some 180lb boxer guy....he's got some stories!!!

The one thing that gets me isn't van damne, it's vin diesel...everyone thinks that mofo is huge. He's got some decent size and has some cuts, but he's really not that big...why does everyone think he's huge and is basically the new arnold or something??? :think:

R

Renton405

Awards
It must be the film lighting and camera tricks that can make someone look bigger than usual...Also having lotsa the actors working with the main actor to be of less weight, so the main actor will look biggest...

In my opinion damme has way better symmetry and muscularity than vin deisel

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i also read zito was a former body guard for van damme and thats how the scores thing began. funny u mention vin diesel i was just talking about him at work..after seeing chronicles of riddick i was thinking i dont get this guy..hes not like a bodybuilder hes got some size but his physique is very weird..

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Vin isn't that big of a guy either. I think he's like 5'9 or 5'10. On screen he looks bigger though. OH and his movies are fucking awful.

R

Renton405

Awards
pitchblack was one of his best movies in my opinion, his counterpart,, the morphine addicted mercenary played a really good role i thought and it was in a great setting

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Vin isn't that big of a guy either. I think he's like 5'9 or 5'10. On screen he looks bigger though. OH and his movies are fucking awful.
Nah, VD is about 6'...I just don't think he's too "muscular".

pitchblack was one of his best movies in my opinion, his counterpart,, the morphine addicted mercenary played a really good role i thought and it was in a great setting
I like his movies. I liked pitch black, and chronicles of riddick. I also thought he fit the role in fast and furious well...

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i loved pitch black and thought the chronicles of riddick was very kool..especially the ending

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I was just thinking of Vin the other day. He does have different physique from movie to movie. Take XXX, I thought he was about 225-235, and really cut. But then I see him in a GQ article and he looks to be about 180-190. I think he does what a lot of these stars do: go on gear for a movie then come off after.

R

Renton405

Awards
I was just thinking of Vin the other day. He does have different physique from movie to movie. Take XXX, I thought he was about 225-235, and really cut. But then I see him in a GQ article and he looks to be about 180-190. I think he does what a lot of these stars do: go on gear for a movie then come off after.
Exactly thats what i was trying to impply in the original thread

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
i loved pitch black and thought the chronicles of riddick was very kool..especially the ending
Yeah I loved Chronicles of Riddick and Pitch Black

J

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
no way, go rent no retreat no surrender-He was young there- but still had that base build.
Side note: I love the kick he does on the dumb kid-thats only surpassed by the plot:
bruce lee comes back from the grave as a ghost to train the kid- Pure class

Umm Vin has always looked good and similar in his roles- Ive never noticed much else.
The dude who plays wolverine-juiced
the dude who did punisher-juiced
willsmith-sucks cocks and juices
nelly-look at country grammar- he has a pure "hardgainer" skinny/cut look- now he's eaten alot more and thicken the **** up -plus some muscles.
theres alot more then that- the above guys were just the ones I think of when it comes to sudden spurts of growth and landing movie roles.

but **** it-drugs/fame/money/gear thats the life for this kid.
hehe time cop 6

R

Renton405

Awards
no way, go rent no retreat no surrender-He was young there- but still had that base build.
Side note: I love the kick he does on the dumb kid-thats only surpassed by the plot:
bruce lee comes back from the grave as a ghost to train the kid- Pure class

Umm Vin has always looked good and similar in his roles- Ive never noticed much else.
The dude who plays wolverine-juiced
the dude who did punisher-juiced
willsmith-sucks cocks and juices
nelly-look at country grammar- he has a pure "hardgainer" skinny/cut look- now he's eaten alot more and thicken the **** up -plus some muscles.
theres alot more then that- the above guys were just the ones I think of when it comes to sudden spurts of growth and landing movie roles.

but **** it-drugs/fame/money/gear thats the life for this kid.
hehe time cop 6
You really think Willsmith juices? The biggest ive seen him maybe was independence day or bad boys..he was pretty think in other movies and espesially his sitcom...Dont know about wolverine...

The actor who played the big guy in Gladiator with russel crow looked juiced...i sometimes wonder if russell crow did a little himself before the movie..

LL Cool J from then and now has really increased in muscularity and vasularity too...He might be a result from the advances in prohormones though since I dont see him being a roid user

Ken Shammrock Looks juiced, lotsa UFC people look it, big bubba of wrestleing(hes juices AND has rare genetics though), China

Nelly? nah, again might be advances in prohormone technology but i dont think illegals

Mixed thoughts about mike tyson

C

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
anybody seen Troy? i wonder who the big white boy is that brad pitt kills in the beginning with the ring around his neck? now THAT'S a big mofo

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
How about Matthew McConaughey in Reign Of Fire??

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
As far as the Chuck Zito story, blah. Chuck Zito is a dumbass. The story I heard from a 3rd party (not chuck or JCVD) was that chuck sucker punched van damme, and it didn't even knock him out.

On another note, JCVD used to compete as a fighter. There was an interview with him on an MMA website and radio show saying he is planning his return to professional fighting and wants to enter K-1. **** YEAH!! KUMITE BITCHES!!!!!!!!

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
As a preface, I think Jean Claude Van Damme has a very impressive body, and so does Vin Diesel.

Do you think it's easy to look good on camera? Sure, the lighting can help you if that's what they want. But you're working 12 - 18 hour days when you're on the set, and most of the craft table is always full of sugary carbs. The meals they do give you usually don't have nutrition as their top priority.

Of course, if you're a big enough star or rich enough, you may get special treatment for your food - but that's a lot of work to get to that status. I know an actor who's been consistantly on tv shows for 10+ years, and he still has to bring his own food to the set if he wants to eat healthy.

Crap! That wasn't even my point. The point was supposed to be that I remember reading a reporter asked Jean Claude why he kept on denying he did roids to reporters.

Jean said something to the effect of "Look - even if I did do 'roids, I would never tell you. I'm a role model for some kids. Kids will emulate their role models. I have to think about if some kid thinks he can look like me if he juices because I juice. There's a lot of responsibility needed here."

I had a lot more respect for him after that. To me, it sounded like he did juice, but is protecting the younger generation by setting a good example.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thomas Jane from the punisher turned into a big, ripped mofo for that movie. Gained like thirty two pounds in 4 months for the movie, along the same lines as W. Smith did for Ali. Both of them probably made love to the syringe, but regardless both got in damn good shape.

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Awards
I've actually literally bumped into Van Damme at the Key Club in LA. Trust me when I say he definitely looks bigger onscreen that in person. Also, I'm not really sure what type of role model he is....as he's constantly being arrested for being intoxicated. Also, he's admitted that he has a problem with cheating on his wife/ girlfriends.

J

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
ph's?

ahhhhh I doubt any entertainer's took p.h's- not when theres a million dealers trying to pedal them steroids which work better(?)

anyone remember charlie sheen doing hot shots 2? What the **** happened to him?
he got crunked up hardcore.

also about food- yeah status is evident when it comes to benefits' asswipes like colin farrell and brad pitt are paid to drink protein shakes like 6x a day.

JCvd, LL cool J and guys like 50 cent I dont think juice- Im speaking form training 3+ years and natty(nothing over 1 week) and still getting results consistently over time- I oculd get the pix- but im not the bored.
if you look at development- theres nothing apparent over a short time frame to show a huge boost in mass.

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
On another note, JCVD used to compete as a fighter. There was an interview with him on an MMA website and radio show saying he is planning his return to professional fighting and wants to enter K-1. **** YEAH!! KUMITE BITCHES!!!!!!!!
Segal hinted that he was in the CIA and that wasn't true. It's more common than not that people have huge egos in the movie business. I remember VD saying that he competed as a fighter but never saw any evidence to support it. There is no way in hell JCVD is going fight in a MMA competition. He would get his ass handed to him if he did.

R

Renton405

Awards
Segal hinted that he was in the CIA and that wasn't true. It's more common than not that people have huge egos in the movie business. I remember VD saying that he competed as a fighter but never saw any evidence to support it. There is no way in hell JCVD is going fight in a MMA competition. He would get his ass handed to him if he did.
Was thinkin the same thing

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
van damme has 3 moves..and there all kicks...there no way in hell hes a fighter..

J

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
Jcvd is no fighter- he has enough cash to live it up as a has-been or do some more movies-

anyone know how he got that bump on his head? its pretty fuckin big and its permanent- from the looks of it.