EZEKIEL bread.....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
just got some sesame ezekiel bread and to be blunt it tastes like complete crap. how do you guys stomach it?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
just got some sesame ezekiel bread and to be blunt it tastes like complete crap. how do you guys stomach it?
Toast it. Make sure you keep it in the fridge also. Natty PB is Bomb on it also. Cinnamon toast is good too. I love it. The orange package right?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, the quality goes down hill fast if you don't keep it in the fridge or freezer. I always check the date (if it's not frozen) before buying it too.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1) don't get the sesame kind

2) cover it up with better tasting stuff I.e. BBQ sauce?

The cinnamon raisin kind is good

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
so basically its like polishing a turd.....

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha I actually like it better than whole wheat bread

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cinnamon raisin toasted with natty pb yumm

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
really? im trying to find something other than sesame
Yeah. I use the Ezekiel 4:9 organic sprouted 100% whole grain. It's the orange package I believe. I HAVE to toast it though. i cant choke it down if i dont. The cinnamon raisin is bomb too.

TexasGuy

Awards
Yeah, freeze and toast. Strong flavors help too. Reuben, Cloak and Dagger (same), corned beef with mustard and saurkraut...

Edit: question mark after same, phone formatting sucks.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Dude....it's not that bad....lol unless you went with the low sodium one, then in that case...yes, it's cardboard worthy, but it's still nothing a little spray butter (I can't believe it's not butter spray) and a few minutes in the toaster can't fix! If you are allowed nut butters on your meal plan, try spreading some peanut/almond butter on the toast while still warm and drizzling some sugar free honey on top! Ohhhhhh my word!!!! PARTY IN YOUR MOUTH! Yumm and sinful too! lol

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah. I use the Ezekiel 4:9 organic sprouted 100% whole grain. It's the orange package I believe. I HAVE to toast it though. i cant choke it down if i dont. The cinnamon raisin is bomb too.
Post workout staple for me^^^

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Post workout staple for me^^^
I like the cinnamon raisin as well but im talking like once a blue moon! Lol
I like the english muffins but they too need to be toasted.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the last remnant of my bulk to go. When this loaf is gone it's down to oats preworkout and veggies the rest of the day. 8(

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
I like the spouted one and I keep mine in the freezer and toast it. To me it tastes better than other bread, like other people have said natty pb, chiken and BBQ, anything to hide the flavor. Try other breads if you can't handle it.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep mine in the fridge and toast it before putting on the grass fed cow's butter....kind of my cheat for the day.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I keep mine in the fridge and toast it before putting on the grass fed cow's butter....kind of my cheat for the day.
This is so good^^^^

My local grocer started carrying KeriGold, I think I said "FUKC yeah!" With a fist pump when I saw it for the first time lol

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
i love Ezekiel bread. ezekiel french toast ftw.