Teased for being healthy

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Am I the only one who has this issue? It makes me laugh more than anything else but at work I take some flack for the way I eat (healthy) and the fact that after a long day I hit the gym instead if catching the game on TV. I have a big lunchbag stocked up with my daily food and get teased for lugging it with me, teased for how many vegetables I eat throughout the day (yes, seriously) and god forbid a coworker sees me take a pill (usually just a fish oil cap or CLA) with a meal or snack, or mix a protein shake.

I don't have a single other coworker who is health conscious, several are beyond obese, I know the whole thing is ridiculous but it does get to me being in that environment 60 hours a week. To the point where I will step out or into a bathroom to mix a shake just to avoid criticism.

Unheard of and pathetic or am I not the only one?

Mp859

Mp859

Awards
Happens to me people rag on you because they don't have the discipline to so it themselves so the want to make you seem the the outcast haha pretty funny if you ask me

l1fterp1nk

Awards
  • Established
I have this problem too, I just try to embrace it! Look In the mirror then look at them, and just laugh then when they ask why tell them! Ha

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's their own insecurity and jealousy. Fk em.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Being a bartender I get alot of dumb comments. I just humor it and think "you're a ****ing retard" in my head and move on. Take it as a compliment and a sign of thier insecurity by the fact they feel the need to judge your appearencr

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can totally relate! People always make fun of my huge lunch box and tell me I eat like a bird when in actuality I eat more than they do, just way healthier and not in one sitting. People tell me I have no life because I work 60 hours a week and train 5 to 6 days a week. They're always the first to tell me that they don't have time to workout even tho I work more then them and I must not have kids. It's always, oh... You must not have kids!!!!!!! No, but I do sacrifice alllllllot!!!! One day, I was starving for a hearty meal and saw a co worker indulging in the yummiest food! I thought to myself, there are two types of people. Those who love themselves and indulge in everything they want to eat and those who love themselves enough to sacrifice what they want for what they need... Anyways, that's my story! :)

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
I'm a trainer and my coworkers make fun of my "lunch cooler" it's a small cooler that houses meat for me to snack on all day lol. But whatever I shrug it off and laugh through a mouth full of corned beef.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Screw 'em! Wait 20, 30, 40 years when they are half-crippled and in a hospital bed, and I bet you anything the doctors will be able to look them in the eyes and tell them, "you know, this all could have been prevented if you had taken care of yourself..." Sadly, only then will it sink in for many of them.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh you should hear them at my age (52)! Asking why I get up at 5:30, why I put such strains on my body from lifting. Why don't I relax and catch a show at night. Etc

All these idiots are getting sicker and more obese by the day. Heart attacks, diabetes, hypertension, and list goes on. OP, you stay healthy and keep doing what you are doing, and you'll watch all of "those people" wind up in nursing homes and hospitals!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"what's up beef cake" "of course you're getting seconds" "you taking your steroid pills? (my multi)"

who cares

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Every time I have a meal, take some supplements and/or pick up something:

"Look at that! The atomic ant!" I work a an Engineering lab all day and come and go from classes too...kinda annoying but meh I just ignore them, sometimes I play along since is mostly the morbidly obese or non-healthy people that act this way towards me...anyhow, why bother? It's our lifestyle and we love it, that's enough for me.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Oh or "Captain AmericAnt" since they think I pop steroids like candy, so they go with the Steve Rogers and atomic ant cliche match up

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh you should hear them at my age (52)! Asking why I get up at 5:30, why I put such strains on my body from lifting. Why don't I relax and catch a show at night. Etc

All these idiots are getting sicker and more obese by the day. Heart attacks, diabetes, hypertension, and list goes on. OP, you stay healthy and keep doing what you are doing, and you'll watch all of "those people" wind up in nursing homes and hospitals!
52 and staying strong/healthy. You and people dedicated as you are my hero.

They make fun of me too. One particular Co worker who was at one time teasing me saw me at a pool party. I took off my shirt and boom. The snickering went away. Now he thinks I'm "ON" something. That happened before my first cycle.

He still rags on me cause I bring 3 lunch items but now it comes from jealousy.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 words...Sour Grapes. You just have to relish in the fact that you have the discipline and drive to accomplish your goals.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Oh or "Captain AmericAnt" since they think I pop steroids like candy, so they go with the Steve Rogers and atomic ant cliche match up
Oh ya that old cliché! Ive actually never heard of that before. Who would think you do steroids? Just fire them and cut their benefits and laugh as you drive away in your red Z4 with your sexy green eyes ;-)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I've been in those work environments and when they'd insist on why I do what I do then I'd reply that I wanna get the hottest chicks I can possibly get and being a tub of lard would hurt my chances. That got some laughs and odd looks out of people.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Oh ya that old cliché! Ive actually never heard of that before. Who would think you do steroids? Just fire them and cut their benefits and laugh as you drive away in your red Z4 with your sexy green eyes ;-)
Haha they are co workers and that would be unprofessional. And the captain America cliche has been around for using steroids lol and yeah the atomic ant for being tiny and strong? Haha they only mash em up , 2 guys actually

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Some of us old guys are already done with our workout and on the way to work by 5:30AM :D

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Haha they are co workers and that would be unprofessional. And the captain America cliche has been around for using steroids lol and yeah the atomic ant for being tiny and strong? Haha they only mash em up , 2 guys actually
I think you missed the sarcasm but ok

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Re: Mockery is the easiest and most common form of flattery :D

michelle82

Awards
You can't please everyone. If you like to eat they'll criticize you and call you ugly names, if you eat healthy you have eating disorders. I personally wouldn't care and just ignore them. I understand that a huge percentage of this people are either jealous, have low self esteem or have a lot of personal problems. Aggressive or disrespectful people usually have issues. Just ignore them. Keep on doing what makes you happy and please only yourself. Who cares what the world thinks. None pay your bills, so screw them all.