Petition for reinstatement of military tuition assistance!!!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This isn't a thread for debate or opinions on what you think.

Military tuition assistance was suspended due to the sequester. Military members like myself were completely cut off from using tuition assistance to fund our education. There is a petition going around and I would appreciate if you would all take 3 minutes to sign and share the petition through whatever social media engine you use.

Most of you are probably unaware due to zero to little media coverage whatsoever. The military needs your help now SIGN AND SHARE

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/reinstate-military-tuition-assistance-ta-and-block-armed-service-branches-any-further-suspension-ta/kSyVdySm

- Valdez

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will hop on this when I get home from work.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another bump! Come on guys!!!

- Valdez

5ft5andalive

Awards
signed. i gave my lower leg for this country.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Signed. 1,288 more sigs to go!
Hell yea!!!!!

signed. i gave my lower leg for this country.
Thank you for your service man!

Thank you both for signing guys! There's been around 30 views with three people responding signed. I appreciate your help and support!

- Valdez

krome606

krome606

Awards
  • Established
This effected my brother. It's bull they did this. I hope it gets worked out and you guys get it back. Thank you for your service and thank you to everyone who serves or has served. I have always thought that veterans should never be homeless. But so many are.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Ill pass this on to all my MC brothers. We're the largest Veteran MC in the world so it should help

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Just forwards that info to 80 brothers. Hopefully it'll get passed around. Thanks for bringing that to attention

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a link that describes the action in more detail. The link to sign has a small summary of what it's about but I need more info to pass on. Some of the guys want to know more of the details.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll sign.
This deal is screwing multiple friends of mine and their families as well.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This effected my brother. It's bull they did this. I hope it gets worked out and you guys get it back. Thank you for your service and thank you to everyone who serves or has served. I have always thought that veterans should never be homeless. But so many are.
Thank you for the support bro!!!

Ill pass this on to all my MC brothers. We're the largest Veteran MC in the world so it should help
Awesome man!!!.spread the word, there is obviously no media coverage so a lot of people don't even know it happened.

Just forwards that info to 80 brothers. Hopefully it'll get passed around. Thanks for bringing that to attention
Hell yes!
Do you have a link that describes the action in more detail. The link to sign has a small summary of what it's about but I need more info to pass on. Some of the guys want to know more of the details.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/03/13/military-tuition-assistance-sequestration_n_2868136.html?icid=hp_front_top_art
I'll sign.
This deal is screwing multiple friends of mine and their families as well.
Thanks Justin much appreciated for sure

- Valdez

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Signed this the day it hit the petition website.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Nice ! It's way above the minimal sig amount needed.

5ft5andalive

Awards
Post up some military scholarship charities and I will be able to help out more

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

5ft5andalive

Awards
Thank you man!

I'm sure you did ;) How are you brother?!

And its only been a week :)

Not quite sure what you are asking for here my man

- Valdez
Signed my name, forwarded it to people who I know will sign it, but I'd like to help another charity that does similar for vets.

LeeDurr

LeeDurr

Awards
Signed. I'll forward it to my buddies still at West Point and I'm sure it'll spread through the Corps. Pretty quickly; things like this usually do. Will also send to my buddies at various units/posts throughout to make what impact it can.

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
I wish the RF Army payed you a salary, dismissed you of taxes, and payed college tuition.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I wish the RF Army payed you a salary, dismissed you of taxes, and payed college tuition.
Nobody's stopping you from heading to the recruitment office homie! ;-)

Kilo G

Kilo G

Awards
Nobody's stopping you from heading to the recruitment office homie! ;-)
**** that ill pay the recruiting officer not to come to me lol

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you man!

I'm sure you did ;) How are you brother?!

- Valdez
Basically looking at 30 days and a wake up brother. 30 days and a wake up. Looking forward to spending some serious daddy/daughter time. She was 1 month old when I left and only spent about a week with her because of training. She'll be almost 9 months when I get back.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I already emailed my congressman. Same with most the guys at my unit. I'll sign as well.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Basically looking at 30 days and a wake up brother. 30 days and a wake up. Looking forward to spending some serious daddy/daughter time. She was 1 month old when I left and only spent about a week with her because of training. She'll be almost 9 months when I get back.
She'll never know you were gone brother. It was most certainly harder on you than it was on her without a doubt. Almost there bud!!! I'll give ya an early congratulations on getting home to see that family of yours!!

I already emailed my congressman. Same with most the guys at my unit. I'll sign as well.
Yup! I immediately emailed McCain (my senator)

- Valdez

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, as expected it gained enough signatures. Now to sit back and see how the white house will respond. The Navy announced that it is looking to keep TA going.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, as expected it gained enough signatures. Now to sit back and see how the white house will respond. The Navy announced that it is looking to keep TA going.
Time to switch to the ships lol! I need that **** back man!!!!! I hate being stagnant, no school = stagnation!!!

- Valdez

5ft5andalive

Awards
Got this signed by 23 people. Wish I could do more

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established