How to deal with a e bay scammer.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I bought a intructional guitar video two months ago. I sent several e mails with no response and I tried to call but could not get the phone number. I reported the incident to e bay and left negative feedback. The seller finally e- mailed me back and said his wife was sick, in the hospital, and she was the one handling everything. He asked me if I wanted a refund or the item sent. Since he all ready had the check I told him to go ahead and send the video. He then e mailed me and asked me to change the feedback. I told him I would when I received the video. He e mailed me again and asked me to change the feed back and basically lie as to why I did get the item. I again told him I would resolve the feedback when I had the video. That was close to two weeks ago. I tried e mailing him a few times and he hasn't responded. I looked at the feed back I left for him and he responded that I set him a bounced check which is a flat out lie. I have the e mails to prove everything I said. Anyone know the best way to deal with this or how to get unlisted phone numbers?

40 in 12

Awards
whod you make the check out to? what city did you send it too? state?

whitepages might become useful...

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Get the account number to where the check was deposited into and POST IT along with the persons name! That will attract some less than desirables to make some electronic checks out online. :twisted:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
sign up for trombone lesssons instead? Kidding. I'd get ebay administration involved and let everyone know what this guy's all about. Maybe he'll get banned, or something. I don't really know how all that works. I'd be bent too, and sure as hell wouldn't lie for the guy. He needs to come correct.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I have a TON of experience with Ebay. If you want details on all of my experiences just PM me.

How much money are we talking? I just had a guy screw me out of a little over $1000 which I paid via Pay Pal. I won the case with Pay Pal BUT the guy doesn't have any money in his Pay Pal account. next step was the local police who turned it over to the police in his area.

So here is what you do. Follow the link above and request the guys user info. Call the phone number to make sure it is him.

If your item you bought went for around $100 or more, which I doubt it is, call the police where the guy lives. Ask them to make a call. Either they will or they wont.

If it was only $20 or so just let it go OR . . .

If not come back here. Post his Ebay user ID> People on here who have an Ebay 'buyer ID' which basically is used ONLY for buying so they do not care if they get a few negs. People here bid on his items. They then email the guy saying HEY I heard you have scammed a couple people. I am sorry but I can NOT send you payment and I WILL give you a NEG if you have NOT sent ALL items WITH a tracking # within 5 days.

I WOULD be HAPPY to do this with a couple Ebay accounts I have. I FUCKING HATE SCAMMERS

IF this does NOT work NOTHING will.

Then let the NEGING begin.
BTW I actually bought my car off of Ebay so I DO trust most of the people. :)

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
That flat out sucks, good luck in getting your video or money back.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
If not come back here. Post his Ebay user ID> People on here who have an Ebay 'buyer ID' which basically is used ONLY for buying so they do not care if they get a few negs. People here bid on his items. They then email the guy saying HEY I heard you have scammed a couple people. I am sorry but I can NOT send you payment and I WILL give you a NEG if you have NOT sent ALL items WITH a tracking # within 5 days.

I WOULD be HAPPY to do this with a couple Ebay accounts I have. I FUCKING HATE SCAMMERS

IF this does NOT work NOTHING will.

Then let the NEGING begin.
BTW I actually bought my car off of Ebay so I DO trust most of the people. :)
this sounds like a good idea, i will help. i got scammed one time and all i did was send the guy a vulgar email. he charged me 30 bucks for an Eddie Murphey dvd set. i got some pirated **** from china or something. i was pissed. i told him i was going to report him to authorities but it would have been much funner to have a more direct involvment in ruining his week. so il help

size

Awards
  • Established
Post the city(no details), maybe someone can help you

John6

Awards
eBay doesn't really do anything to scammers. Some guy I know paid like $1,000 for a computer and never got it, eBay was just like, "sorry."

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
It was just twenty bucks. My g.f checked and it doesn't look like he cashed the check yet. She is going to double check today and cancell it. I did get his number and I am going to call him.

Manwhore

Awards
I haven't bought anything from ebay yet but my wife has and she's never had any problems. Whenever i look at an item i always check the positive and ... USER RATINGS but maybe you do that too. Just wanted to mention that :blink:

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Well, I called the slimy scum bag and it didn't go so well. The guy said it wasn't him but I have a feeling it was. It ended with him calling me a m.f and hanging up on me. Now he won't answer the phone....big surprise. I guess we don't have the check number so we are having a hard time canceling the check. We'll have to go into the bank tomorrow. Don't ever buy anything from vanessaguild. Joan Fox, John Fox, or John Stauffer from DE.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I haven't bought anything from ebay yet but my wife has and she's never had any problems. Whenever i look at an item i always check the positive and ... USER RATINGS but maybe you do that too. Just wanted to mention that
At the time this person didn't have any negative fb but has a few now. I have since learned that you can fake that. Put a fake item have a buy it now icon and have the people you are working with or friends buy it. Then they can post positive fb.

Manwhore

Awards
At the time this person didn't have any negative fb but has a few now. I have since learned that you can fake that. Put a fake item have a buy it now icon and have the people you are working with or friends buy it. Then they can post positive fb.
i figured that but i always go with someone who sells alot of items with positive feedback because if they go through all that trouble of getting new accounts to give positive feedback then they deserve my money :)

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
How much money are we talking? I just had a guy screw me out of a little over $1000 which I paid via Pay Pal. I won the case with Pay Pal BUT the guy doesn't have any money in his Pay Pal account. next step was the local police who turned it over to the police in his area.

So here is what you do. Follow the link above and request the guys user info. Call the phone number to make sure it is him.

If your item you bought went for around $100 or more, which I doubt it is, call the police where the guy lives. Ask them to make a call. Either they will or they wont.

If it was only $20 or so just let it go OR . .
It's just 20.00 but the general principle of it.

HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Awards
If the amount of time has not passed yet you are going to want to open a dispute within eBay. eBay has the 'a to z buyer protection guarantee' so anytime something like this happens eBay will reimburse you and then bill the seller directly.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How in the world? This thread was almost ten years old. How did you even find it??

HolyRoller

HolyRoller

Awards
wow, lmao - it showed up on the bottom of my screen under "similar forum threads" on a thread I was reading this morning. I think the time window expired for OP to resolve his eBay conflict anyways lol