scar tissue related pain

5ft5andalive

Awards
anybody experience this? how easy is it to get this type of pain to resolve?

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Depends where at. I personally have not but have plenty of clients who do. Do you stretch, foam roll and SMR the surrounding muscle tissue to your scar tissue? If not I'd def do so

5ft5andalive

Awards
Depends where at. I personally have not but have plenty of clients who do. Do you stretch, foam roll and SMR the surrounding muscle tissue to your scar tissue? If not I'd def do so
Scars on my leg and a scar in my abdomen from several years back.got shot in the abdomen and a surgery followed.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I was going to say is this recent? Typically compression stockings 20-30mmg are used to control hypertrophic and keloid scarring. There may be tissue restrictions in your scar, you can try SMR or also scar tissue mobs where you're breaking up the scar tissue and increasing ROM.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
I was going to say is this recent? Typically compression stockings 20-30mmg are used to control hypertrophic and keloid scarring. There may be tissue restrictions in your scar, you can try SMR or also scar tissue mobs where you're breaking up the scar tissue and increasing ROM.
Yeah I second the SMR. If you can get a friend to help with a massage star and rake out the tissue the ROM should jncrease drastically

5ft5andalive

Awards
Injury and surgery occurred 8 years ago
Yeah I second the SMR. If you can get a friend to help with a massage star and rake out the tissue the ROM should jncrease drastically
what is smr?

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
I'm concerned it might be wrapped around an organ.
SMR seeks to release the fascia in the muscle tissue. If the tenderness is coming from within it's possible u suffered atrophy while recuperating and the fascia worked it's way into the muscle. If you foam roll or do trigger release work on yourself it will only serve to help loosen the fascia and increase mobility. This won't effect the scar tissue within the organs at all (you just can't get that deep) and if done correctly you can even probably break up the scar tissue and alleviate any pain or stiffness in the muscle.

If it hurts it's because it's supposed to. You're breaking up fascia which is much tougher than muscle . Just stay as relaxed as possible breathe deep and apply constant pressure (rather than jabbing motions)