Old news for some, but for those who doubt Tamoxifen...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Hormonal changes in tamoxifen treated men with idiopathic oligozoospermia.

Hampl R, Heresova J, Lachman M, Sulcova J, Starka L.

Research Institute of Endocrinology, Prague/Czechoslovakia.

Three months of tamoxifen treatment of 43 men with idiopathic oligozoospermia, out of which 20 completed the study, resulted in a significant enhancement of sperm motility, but the improvement of sperm parameters was in no relation to the FSH response to short time tamoxifen treatment. There was a significant increase of testosterone, estradiol, LH, FSH, SHBG, 17 alpha-hydroxy-progesterone and also of 11 beta-hydroxyandrostenedione, an androgen of exclusively adrenal origin, during the treatment and (with the exception of the latter), on the first week after discontinuation of the therapy. Significantly elevated testosterone and SHBG concentrations were retained still 9 weeks after finishing of the therapy. The results confirm that tamoxifen treatment provides conditions more favourable for conception and demonstrate that also adrenal steroidogenesis is positively influenced by this antiestrogen.

PMID: 3243340 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Just demonstrates that Tamoxifen DOES increase Test production. I ran across this and thought I'd post it. I, myself never having used Tamoxifen yet, decided to research to make sure that it actually does raise test levels--I'm not done researching, yet--and it appears it does. I just wish they gave numbers....:think:.............:rant:

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
What is idiopathic oligozoospermia? Naturally low test?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
no it means Idiotic sperm lol

Really it means low sperm couns

Kwykemekyum00 note that it ALSO increased estradiol and progesterone ;)

Why you having such a hard time deciding if you should use it?

So if it did NOT increase Test you would NOT use it?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
no it means Idiotic sperm lol

Really it means low sperm couns

Kwykemekyum00 note that it ALSO increased estradiol and progesterone ;)

Why you having such a hard time deciding if you should use it?

So if it did NOT increase Test you would NOT use it?
It has always been known to increase circulating estrogen levels.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Yes I know that I wanted to point it out to kolikime00 and others ;)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
it blocks the estro receptors so the estrogen has nothing to bind to and will just be floating around .. it has no choice but to increase free estro levels

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just demonstrates that Tamoxifen DOES increase Test production. I ran across this and thought I'd post it. I, myself never having used Tamoxifen yet, decided to research to make sure that it actually does raise test levels--I'm not done researching, yet--and it appears it does. I just wish they gave numbers....:think:.............:rant:
yea, sometimes those article give information, but forget about giving out numbers, and sometimes they are really insignificant.Tamoxifen (Nolva) also is suposed to decrease IGF, but I think it is such a small amount it really doesn't matter.

Peace

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
The whole purpose of this was just that it actually does increase Test levels. That simple :D

I read the increase progesterone...that's why I wished it gave numbers so we'd have a clue how much it increased the levels of these hormones.

If it did not increase natural test levels, I would not use it solo for PCT, to answer CROWLER.