are beats by dre worth the price?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ebay has em for around $150 for the ones im looking at. I currently have Bose in ear headphones. I would be using them as a musician and in the gym. are they worth the price?

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Yes. I have about five different ones and nothing comes close to Dre.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. I have about five different ones and nothing comes close to Dre.
idk if its the song i played or what but i listen to a friends set and it didnt sound any different than my bose

do u wanna sell me a set?!

whaz

whaz

Awards
Just my personal opinion but I have some over the ears Bose headphones that kick ass, noticed no difference from Beats. I actually prefer ear buds when working out cause I sweat so damn much I have to keep wiping the big ones off.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have beats by see studio edition lime green Almost brand new...decent for sure but I wouldn't pay 300$ for them lol I was actually going to sell them for 200$ just bc I got a pair of syncs

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have beats by see studio edition lime green Almost brand new...decent for sure but I wouldn't pay 300$ for them lol I was actually going to sell them for 200$ just bc I got a pair of syncs
ill paypal $150 or $125 + some supplements

retrofitted

Awards
In all honesty you'd be better off getting a pair of Beyer DT770 studio monitors which are unmatched in terms of transparency for the price. Unless you're willing to make some significant sacrifices the difference between a set of studio phones and something you'd use in the gym is too vast to find a multiuse pair. If you're serious about studio quality get the horse**** marketing from rap moguls out of your head and pay for real ears.

If you do want a recommendation for good in-ears at a reasonable cost, look into Shure or Klipsch. Bose may be fine for consumer use but they don't even begin to match up to Shure for actual frequency response.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all honesty you'd be better off getting a pair of Beyer DT770 studio monitors which are unmatched in terms of transparency for the price. Unless you're willing to make some significant sacrifices the difference between a set of studio phones and something you'd use in the gym is too vast to find a multiuse pair. If you're serious about studio quality get the horse**** marketing from rap moguls out of your head and pay for real ears.

If you do want a recommendation for good in-ears at a reasonable cost, look into Shure or Klipsch. Bose may be fine for consumer use but they don't even begin to match up to Shure for actual frequency response.
my bose in ears are great, just wanted a different pair thats not in ear and not super exoensive

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
I am not a Dre fan, some songs sound great on it, some not so good. My choice (country) sounds absolute gash on it, so I stuck with the Bose I got.

My German friend keeps talking about some Seinheiser or something that he swears by.