BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Oh I sent him a nice letter, sure to offend his pseudo-intellectualness....:D

rpward210

Far Beyond Driven
Awards
Intellectual, closed minded fucktards like this guy pose a great danger to the world we live in.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
And a lot of those intellectual ****-offs are running the world that we live in.

jinkillkill

Banned
Awards
ok

Well with stupid people, it makes sense that they're ignorant.

but it worries me not that some unappreciative asshole doesnt like metal or even insults a dead muscian, because I have no respect for him or his opinion.

Side note:
if this peice of **** "writer" cant appreciate another form of music/art form other than his own variety- he doesnt deserve any position he currently holds.

the worlds full of ****'s, that's why youre here with your brother's.

Dimebag may you R.I.P
Thanks for the good times.

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's a good thing he lives in Germany and not Columbus anymore.He'd be in some deep **** right now.I would printed this crap out and post it at every venue in town.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
It's a good thing he lives in Germany and not Columbus anymore.He'd be in some deep **** right now.I would printed this crap out and post it at every venue in town
If I met this guy on the street I'd crush his skull. I did send him an email, a couple spelling mistakes, but I was pissed of:

Mr.Grim,
I'd like you to know that I really hope you end up writhing in a smoldering pit of despair, you close-minded asshole. Your article "AESTHETICS OF HATE: R.I.P. DIMEBAG ABBOTT, & GOOD RIDDANCE" was pathetic, disrespectful, and a perfect example of conservative idocy.

Have you ever even listened to the music that 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott created. Did you ever pay attention to the emotion that was conveyed through his playing? Of course not. I respect the contributions made by the likes of classical composers like Handel, Bach, etc. I also appreciate the raw energy and emotion that heavy metal represents. If you actually paid attention to the music at all, and weren't a close minded,opinionated fuckhead, then you would know that the music genres you are so quick to defile are genuine expressions of human feeling.

This quote from your essay:
"The squalor, inhumanity, filth (both in the metaphorical and hygienic senses), depravity, ugliness and ignorance of everything that heavy metal represents (Like rap, I cannot use the noble term music in a description of heavy metal) creates a mindset among its devotees in which Mr. Abbott's assassination was an event that was all but waiting to happen."

Is utter bullshit. Did John Lennon's music create an environment that fostered his assasination?

In the case of both Lennon and Darrell Abbott, a sociopath took life of a talented musician who in no way deserved to die. It is tragic, it is a huge loss to the musical genre that he contributed to, and it is pathetic that you would dishonor his memory by publically voicing your imbecilic and insensible opinion.

Verdi, Shakespeare, Handel, Bach, all were fantastic artists of their time...but their time has come and gone. Aknowledging their efforts and appreciating their work is a must, because they have formed much of the basis for modern western art. Refusing to look upon modern forms of creativity with an open mind, and then taking the time to write about your asinine viewpoint, just showcases your antiquated and contemptible intellect.

Your words read like that of a pompous, candy-assed piece of dogshit that never worked an honest day in his life. You spout out your rehtoric like a spoon-fed moronic ass-wiper of the ruling elite. I can't believe that your would make light of such a horrible incedent, and show such impiety to those who are grieving the loss of Darrell Abbott.

So **** you, William Grim. It's dogmatic conservative morons like you and your feeble minded cohorts that make your facet of humanity the steaming pile of excrement that it is.
He hasn't written back yet:)

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm buzzed right now...but regardless, this guy is a COCKSUCKER?! Oh my God...all of my friends in the music community, MOST of whom don't even get into metal, realize how horrible this tragedy was. What a jackass to make fun of it. Why doesn't he just come out and say that only rich, white people are worth anything. What a jugemental dick. He doesn't know ****. Maybe if he got laid and stopped thinking of his body as "dirty" he'd understand where expression comes from.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
He probably wrote that while listening to his Oliva Newton John and Duran Duran cassettes.

:blink:

(Apologies to Duran Duran.)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
If I could find the guy, Id beat his ass.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I can see where this guy comes from with his dislike for metal--I personally am a metal fan, but cannot stand rap 95% of the time--BUT, where in the hell does he come off saying "good riddance" to his death? That's what gets me...I just don't see how he can justify expressing happiness over the death of a person, whom he most likely knows nothing about, because he is a metal musician. Fvcking ridiculous!! Nothing less...I also don't like how he goes off saying things like "we conservatives" when he should have said "we radical ideologues" or something similar. But, leave it to assholes like that to claim to be a representative for a huge population....*sigh*

I just can't get over his article :rant: I personall have my reservations about music and the effects it has on people, especially impressionable teens (aka sheep), but HOW THE HELL DOES HE JUSTIFY THIS KIND OF CRAP??? Grrr! :rant:

Meerschaum

Awards
http://www.iconoclast.ca/MainPage.asp?page=/newPage6.asp

Notice he's posted his email at the bottom of the article. Take some time and send Mr.Grim your opinion of his ignorance.

BV
Well an example of yet another hypocrite in a world filled with hypocrisy from all angles, you got this guy, whos passing his judgement on an entire genre of music and its fans, and who they are, and what they are, and what they think, and how they spent their lives, and so on and so fourth, because he has some sort of insular worldview (religious? atheist moralist? whatever dosent matter) yet is at the same time conveying a message of 'joy' about the death of another human being. Which is of course about as base and savage as it gets. (from virtually any moral worldview)

yep pure and simple scumbag, he probably wrote that just to offend people and provoke a reaction (trolling)

EDIT: didnt notice he was a conservative, my money is on jesus freak! ;)

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm buzzed right now...but regardless, this guy is a COCKSUCKER?! Oh my God...all of my friends in the music community, MOST of whom don't even get into metal, realize how horrible this tragedy was. What a jackass to make fun of it. Why doesn't he just come out and say that only rich, white people are worth anything. What a jugemental dick. He doesn't know ****. Maybe if he got laid and stopped thinking of his body as "dirty" he'd understand where expression comes from.
Absolutley!I am not that big of a PAntera fan, but can appreciate what they have accomplished,and the creative talents of daryll and the crushing blow this has on the music comunity at large.Not to mention that one of the best venues in Columbus Ohio since the 70's will now be closing it's doors because of this(from what I have heard).Many bands played the Alrosa villa before making a name for themselves and many great small venue bands have played there as well...you name it,Metal, Punk, funk, new wave... they've probably played there, and it was such an oppurtunity to really get upclose to some great bands, old and new......it will truley be missed

peace