Pins and needles/electric shock.. Help? - AnabolicMinds.com

Pins and needles/electric shock.. Help?

  1. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Pins and needles/electric shock.. Help?


    When training my traps doing shoulder shrugs I get a numbness/shock through my whole body from the neck downwards, I only get this when training traps.. Anyone else had this?? Or have any info
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!

  2. Professional Member
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,210
    Rep Power
    430702

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzvxr
    When training my traps doing shoulder shrugs I get a numbness/shock through my whole body from the neck downwards, I only get this when training traps.. Anyone else had this?? Or have any info
    Possibly a cervical disk, get it checked out...

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  3. Elite Member
    bcazo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,582
    Rep Power
    2885056

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzvxr View Post
    When training my traps doing shoulder shrugs I get a numbness/shock through my whole body from the neck downwards, I only get this when training traps.. Anyone else had this?? Or have any info
    Sounds like the same thing I have.. Got an MRI and found a bulged disk Good news is I went for a cervical steroid injection 2 weeks ago and it does help alot. You need to see an Orthopaedic Specialist to get the shot its an out patient procedure.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post

    Sounds like the same thing I have.. Got an MRI and found a bulged disk Good news is I went for a cervical steroid injection 2 weeks ago and it does help alot. You need to see an Orthopaedic Specialist to get the shot its an out patient procedure.
    Cheers for the info guys, @ bcazo.. Is there any dangers associated with the condition? It's bareable if I'm not risking anything?
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!
  5. Elite Member
    bcazo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,582
    Rep Power
    2885056

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzvxr View Post
    Cheers for the info guys, @ bcazo.. Is there any dangers associated with the condition? It's bareable if I'm not risking anything?
    Only danger i know is it can get worse, you can also take an anti inflammatroy med to help with the swelling. What happens is the disk gets inflamed and puts pressure on the nerve if you can reduce the swelling you relieve the pressure and will have less pain. Accu puncture works very well too my case is more extreme but it did help.
  6. Professional Member
    EatMoar's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,438
    Rep Power
    1162438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post

    Only danger i know is it can get worse, you can also take an anti inflammatroy med to help with the swelling. What happens is the disk gets inflamed and puts pressure on the nerve if you can reduce the swelling you relieve the pressure and will have less pain. Accu puncture works very well too my case is more extreme but it did help.
    How'd you get a bulged disc anyway?
  7. Elite Member
    bcazo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,582
    Rep Power
    2885056

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    How'd you get a bulged disc anyway?
    car accident
  8. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post

    Only danger i know is it can get worse, you can also take an anti inflammatroy med to help with the swelling. What happens is the disk gets inflamed and puts pressure on the nerve if you can reduce the swelling you relieve the pressure and will have less pain. Accu puncture works very well too my case is more extreme but it did help.
    Cheers buddy, will pop to the docs when I get chance and get them to give me the once over
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!
  9. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Not sure if its the same type thing but occasionally I get what I can only describe as a string of electricity pulling through my posterior delt and trap on the left side. I've had two shoulder surgeries and compressed C6/7 vertabret though. Used to he an all the time thing but less frequent now since cortisone spine injections and PT. good luck , I know the feeling sucks
  10. Elite Member
    bcazo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,582
    Rep Power
    2885056

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Not sure if its the same type thing but occasionally I get what I can only describe as a string of electricity pulling through my posterior delt and trap on the left side. I've had two shoulder surgeries and compressed C6/7 vertabret though. Used to he an all the time thing but less frequent now since cortisone spine injections and PT. good luck , I know the feeling sucks
    That's it man and I got the same shot did it help you?
  11. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    Not sure if its the same type thing but occasionally I get what I can only describe as a string of electricity pulling through my posterior delt and trap on the left side. I've had two shoulder surgeries and compressed C6/7 vertabret though. Used to he an all the time thing but less frequent now since cortisone spine injections and PT. good luck , I know the feeling sucks
    Thanks for the input mike, it sounds like what I'm feeling except I get it threw every part of the body from the neck down, yeah your right it sucks, leaves me feeling a bit week afterwards as well an my fingers are numb for a while, I'll be making it my last exercise from now on so it doesn't screw up the rest of my session,
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!
  12. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post

    That's it man and I got the same shot did it help you?
    Yeah but I also had intensive PT 3 days a week with a sports therapist so the fix was most likely a combination of both . She was awesome. I was at a point where I couldn't pour a gallon of milk into my cereal without using two hands. Those cortisone spinal injections are gnarly as hell. I had two rounds of em a couple 2 or 3 months apart. Felt like a truck on my back when they put all those crazy needles in but I felt awesome almost immediately after.
  13. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzvxr View Post

    Thanks for the input mike, it sounds like what I'm feeling except I get it threw every part of the body from the neck down, yeah your right it sucks, leaves me feeling a bit week afterwards as well an my fingers are numb for a while, I'll be making it my last exercise from now on so it doesn't screw up the rest of my session,
    No problem , i had my arm go numb at work years ago before not from the same injury just a freak thing. I went to an acupunture clinic and the put the pins in and hooked em up to an electric pulse for an hour and fixed. Look into that as an option I would say before cortisone injections. I was a huge skeptic but they made me a believer.
  14. Elite Member
    bcazo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,582
    Rep Power
    2885056

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

    Yeah but I also had intensive PT 3 days a week with a sports therapist so the fix was most likely a combination of both . She was awesome. I was at a point where I couldn't pour a gallon of milk into my cereal without using two hands. Those cortisone spinal injections are gnarly as hell. I had two rounds of em a couple 2 or 3 months apart. Felt like a truck on my back when they put all those crazy needles in but I felt awesome almost immediately after.
    Yeah the needle did feel like truck on my back. Lol I got my first one 2 weeks ago and going for my second in 2 more weeks. Pain was gone quick good stuff in deed!
  15. Senior Member
    rugger48's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    45135

    Reputation

    Stop traing your upper traps directly its already an overworked muscle to begin with.
  16. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

    No problem , i had my arm go numb at work years ago before not from the same injury just a freak thing. I went to an acupunture clinic and the put the pins in and hooked em up to an electric pulse for an hour and fixed. Look into that as an option I would say before cortisone injections. I was a huge skeptic but they made me a believer.
    I think I'll try acupuncture first then, I don't like the sound of a needle that feels like a truck lol... I had a lumbar puncture a few weeks back and that wasn't much fun, my lower back hasn't been quite right ever since
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!
  17. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Stop traing your upper traps directly its already an overworked muscle to begin with.
    I love training traps! But it's an option if things carry on. It's the only exercise that triggers it
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!
  18. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzvxr View Post

    I think I'll try acupuncture first then, I don't like the sound of a needle that feels like a truck lol... I had a lumbar puncture a few weeks back and that wasn't much fun, my lower back hasn't been quite right ever since
    I'd look into that for sure, ill be curious to know how it works out if do, acupuncture and a deep tissue massage if you're lucky will get it. Just get a reputable place for it. No janky massage parlor! Im willing to bet its just a pinched nerve or something along those lines. Yes you don't want the cortisone unless you have to. Better for you. to start with natural methods and work your way up. I'm not claiming to be a pro on it, I've just had succesful experiences with the things Im suggesting. In the mean time the other guys are right, give that shoulder a rest , it's obviously angry at you right now ;-) good luck and update how it turns out
  19. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

    I'd look into that for sure, ill be curious to know how it works out if do, acupuncture and a deep tissue massage if you're lucky will get it. Just get a reputable place for it. No janky massage parlor! Im willing to bet its just a pinched nerve or something along those lines. Yes you don't want the cortisone unless you have to. Better for you. to start with natural methods and work your way up. I'm not claiming to be a pro on it, I've just had succesful experiences with the things Im suggesting. In the mean time the other guys are right, give that shoulder a rest , it's obviously angry at you right now ;-) good luck and update how it turns out
    So you mean I can't go to the local brothel for a massage and a happy ending? Damn!!! My first thoughts was that it could be a trapped nerve so ill get my self booked in for a deep tissue this week and see if that helps, i have no pain with it at all and only shrugs trigger it, nothing else.. If I do the same movement without the weights nothing happens (unless iv already aggravated it with weighted shrugs) its been like this at least 8 months now, and thanks I'm gonna need it lol luck isn't something I have a lot of these days, will keep you updated, could be useful info for someone else in the future
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!
  20. Senior Member
    mikeg313's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,310
    Rep Power
    460193

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzvxr View Post

    So you mean I can't go to the local brothel for a massage and a happy ending? Damn!!! My first thoughts was that it could be a trapped nerve so ill get my self booked in for a deep tissue this week and see if that helps, i have no pain with it at all and only shrugs trigger it, nothing else.. If I do the same movement without the weights nothing happens (unless iv already aggravated it with weighted shrugs) its been like this at least 8 months now, and thanks I'm gonna need it lol luck isn't something I have a lot of these days, will keep you updated, could be useful info for someone else in the future
    Try to find a masseuse at a PT clinic or one that specializes in sports massage and make them aware of your problem and that's the specific reason for your visit. I assume you would but there's alot of hacks out there that did their hours at massage school and don't know jack about anatomy. Those are good for the happy endings and more though;-)
  21. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post

    Try to find a masseuse at a PT clinic or one that specializes in sports massage and make them aware of your problem and that's the specific reason for your visit. I assume you would but there's alot of hacks out there that did their hours at massage school and don't know jack about anatomy. Those are good for the happy endings and more though;-)
    just to update you, things havent got much better since I started this thread, if anything they are getting slowly worse, tried taking time off the gym to rest but a week without the gym was like a week without a leg, now I get numb arms just picking up random objects in certain positions, slight pain in the top of my back that seems to be related, doctors going to send me to a chiropractor if things havent improved in a few weeks so hopefully they will find the cause one way or another, ill keep the thread up to date that way anyone else with the problem might get an idea of whats going on... Thats if I ever find out myself
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!
  22. Elite Member
    bcazo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,582
    Rep Power
    2885056

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzvxr View Post

    just to update you, things havent got much better since I started this thread, if anything they are getting slowly worse, tried taking time off the gym to rest but a week without the gym was like a week without a leg, now I get numb arms just picking up random objects in certain positions, slight pain in the top of my back that seems to be related, doctors going to send me to a chiropractor if things havent improved in a few weeks so hopefully they will find the cause one way or another, ill keep the thread up to date that way anyone else with the problem might get an idea of whats going on... Thats if I ever find out myself
    You got a pinched nerve somewhere and get the doctor to prescribe an MRI. That's how I found what was bothering me once you know then u can treat the area
  23. New Member
    dazzvxr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    158
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bcazo View Post

    You got a pinched nerve somewhere and get the doctor to prescribe an MRI. That's how I found what was bothering me once you know then u can treat the area
    Yeah thats what I thought, mri would deffinately be the way forward.... sick of them guessing now
    Work Hard. PLAY HARDER!!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 01:23 PM
  2. pins and needles feeling in bladder,kidney,lower right ab
    By BoyFromAus in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 06:39 PM
  3. Man Clout - anyone experience pins and needles
    By glsa17 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 02:54 PM
  4. Paypal are idiots and I need your help
    By HUGE in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 02:42 PM
  5. Want to introduce myself and ask for some help/critiquing
    By gsteclipse97 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 01:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in