Texas Gym - AnabolicMinds.com

Texas Gym

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

Texas Gym

With everyone that lives in TX on this forum, I was wondering if anyone on here lifts at Texas Gym in Dallas.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Never heard of it. I'm in Dallas often and try to get to metroflex, how does this compare?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

Well, it doesn't have the name that Metroflex has. It was voted best hardcore gym in Texas by Powerlifting Magazine in 2001. Very no nonsense. The people are cool but they come there to work. Not a meat-market, mass-market type place. If you go during the day, you'll always see the owner. It's been around since '81. $39 for the WHOLE YEAR. The most important part haha
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ryane87 View Post
    Well, it doesn't have the name that Metroflex has. It was voted best hardcore gym in Texas by Powerlifting Magazine in 2001. Very no nonsense. The people are cool but they come there to work. Not a meat-market, mass-market type place. If you go during the day, you'll always see the owner. It's been around since '81. $39 for the WHOLE YEAR. The most important part haha
    Damn! That's a deal! Houston needs one.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

Ikr! I love it there. I can train with no shirt when it gets hot AND I can do my squats with just socks. Oates and Ferguson if you are ever on the east side of Dallas.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

Ikr! I love it there. It's off Oates and Ferguson if you are ever on the east side of Dallas.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Never heard of it. I'm in Dallas often and try to get to metroflex, how does this compare?
    Damn , I wanna train at Metroflex sometime, just to run into some legends haha. I am not a bodybuilder or physique trainee, but it is impressive to train and meet those who have devoted their lives into the construction of those humongous amounts of lean body mass.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Damn , I wanna train at Metroflex sometime, just to run into some legends haha. I am not a bodybuilder or physique trainee, but it is impressive to train and meet those who have devoted their lives into the construction of those humongous amounts of lean body mass.
    I still haven't made it there yet but I would like. That would be awesome to see that in person!
  9. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Damn! That's a deal! Houston needs one.
    Lol I'm planning to open a gym out by Houston when I ETS. Maybe I should make it just like that.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol I'm planning to open a gym out by Houston when I ETS. Maybe I should make it just like that.
    I don't know what ETS means but I've been looking at franchising a Powerhouse myself. Houston would be a great scene imo, fastest growing city, corporate oil and healthcare stability, fat f*&#s galore...
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I don't know what ETS means but I've been looking at franchising a Powerhouse myself. Houston would be a great scene imo, fastest growing city, corporate oil and healthcare stability, fat f*&#s galore...
    End time of service.

That was my train of thought as well. Also, especially for the teenagers, parents working in the oil industry will pay anything to get their kids playing college ball...

$$$$
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

End time of service.

That was my train of thought as well. Also, especially for the teenagers, parents working in the oil industry will pay anything to get their kids playing college ball...

$$$$
    On the blue collar east side. Central and west would be best served by overpriced pomp imo. Are you franchising or building ground up?

Edit, I take that back. Katy as an example in west Houston.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

End time of service.

$$$$
    Broke my dad's heart to not see me play Football in collage due to me being 5'6" and at the time I was only like 130lbs when I went in...but he got over it when I got the 90% scholarship for being a base in the cheerleading team lol...

My dad has worked for the Mexican Oil company for...pft...what now, 40 years?
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

On the blue collar east side. Central and west would be best served by overpriced pomp imo. Are you franchising or building ground up?

Edit, I take that back. Katy as an example in west Houston.
    The plan is to build from the ground up. My idea is something along the lines of DeFrancos.

Warehouse, heavy iron weights, turf, sleds, tires and loud speakers.

I have a little time to work out the final plan because I still plan to get my degree when I get out but hope to have it up in the next 5 years. I have a hefty amount saved for it and the wife is already on board now I'm just waiting for everything to fall into place.
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

Broke my dad's heart to not see me play Football in collage due to me being 5'6" and at the time I was only like 130lbs when I went in...but he got over it when I got the 90% scholarship for being a base in the cheerleading team lol...

My dad has worked for the Mexican Oil company for...pft...what now, 40 years?
    My point exactly. Except for the whole cheerleader thing.....
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

The plan is to build from the ground up. My idea is something along the lines of DeFrancos.

I have a little time to work out the final plan because I still plan to get my degree when I get out but hope to have it up in the next 5 years. I have a hefty amount saved for it and the wife is already on board now I'm just waiting for everything to fall into place.
    I would join that gym, given that one single rule is followed throughout it's existence:

-No Sissy Pop Music like Justin Bieber at all...I almost rage on my current gym's manager for allowing that kind of nonsense during an ME session I had 2 weeks ago...at 6 am...damn...not smart at all...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

My point exactly. Except for the whole cheerleader thing.....
    In my defense...lifting, throwing and catching chicks that were hot, petite and with low self steem was really worth the while, money and teasing from friends.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Sounds awesome.
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i live in texas but not dallas. LA fitness
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

That is kind of what I wanted to do for my gym. I want to open my own gym as well. The type of atmosphere at Texas Gym with everything that DeFranco's has to offer. Not a meat market-type hell hole, but a place where women would still feel comfortable going to because they would be left alone. Everyone come in and train hard.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Golds Gym Training Suggestions...Interesting
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 10:41 AM
  2. how much time do you spend in the gym
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 02:30 PM
  3. joined the "fool at gym" club
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 36