High School/College/Pro Football and Anabolics

  1. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    High School/College/Pro Football and Anabolics


    I know most people on this board agree that persons under 21 should not use anabolics because it permanently damages their hormonal levels/endocrine system ect. However, after reading that post by the 18 year old football player who wants to use 1AD, I've been thinking about football players and how their coaches want them to gain so much size so fast and their use of anabolics.

    You gotta think, to get a college scholarship out of high school, you gotta shine by age 16 or 17. Then when you turn 18 and you're a freshman, in alot of positions, your coaches are going to make you want to gain 20-40 pounds within a few months. Then you have to shine by the time you're 20ish and a junior, if you even want a chance at getting drafted. If you think about it, fulfilling the dream of being a pro athlete is determined before you're even 21. I don't know the numbers of football players under 21 taking anabolics, but it seems like every last one of those high school and college football players who are under 21 would be using, at least in the off season.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is, the high school/ college/ pro football system encourages anabolic use in athletes under 21 every step of the way just by the way its structured. Any thoughts?

  2. SJA
    SJA is offline
    dead sexy wino
    SJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    the nearest overpass
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    8149

    I agree. I'm currently training a guy who is playing for a D1 school. He is reluctant to use any PH's past the ban and wrestles with the morality vs. what is expected. I also notice that he is freaking out about using PH's currently (since they are all banned in NCAA anyway. Seriously, we need to gen up an approximation of how long certain anabolics stay in your system for college level athletes to use as a testing guiceline. Some of you chemically smart people may have some of this information anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    I know most people on this board agree that persons under 21 should not use anabolics because it permanently damages their hormonal levels/endocrine system ect. However, after reading that post by the 18 year old football player who wants to use 1AD, I've been thinking about football players and how their coaches want them to gain so much size so fast and their use of anabolics.

    You gotta think, to get a college scholarship out of high school, you gotta shine by age 16 or 17. Then when you turn 18 and you're a freshman, in alot of positions, your coaches are going to make you want to gain 20-40 pounds within a few months. Then you have to shine by the time you're 20ish and a junior, if you even want a chance at getting drafted. If you think about it, fulfilling the dream of being a pro athlete is determined before you're even 21. I don't know the numbers of football players under 21 taking anabolics, but it seems like every last one of those high school and college football players who are under 21 would be using, at least in the off season.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is, the high school/ college/ pro football system encourages anabolic use in athletes under 21 every step of the way just by the way its structured. Any thoughts?
  3. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    I agree. I'm currently training a guy who is playing for a D1 school. He is reluctant to use any PH's past the ban and wrestles with the morality vs. what is expected. I also notice that he is freaking out about using PH's currently (since they are all banned in NCAA anyway. Seriously, we need to gen up an approximation of how long certain anabolics stay in your system for college level athletes to use as a testing guiceline. Some of you chemically smart people may have some of this information anyway.
    Does the NCAA test players in the off season?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    ABiLiTY's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    nj
    Age
    30
    Posts
    362
    Rep Power
    303

    Even in high school lots of kids are juicing.

    Lots of guys on my team started juicing sophmore year of hs. So they were around 15-16.

    coincidence that one of the guys on my teams dad was a pro bb and was arrested for selling gear. His son is now in the NFL, go figure.
  5. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by ABiLiTY
    Even in high school lots of kids are juicing.

    Lots of guys on my team started juicing sophmore year of hs. So they were around 15-16.

    coincidence that one of the guys on my teams dad was a pro bb and was arrested for selling gear. His son is now in the NFL, go figure.
    That sucks that so many kids are messing themselves up permenently like that. I guess its really not surprising tho. I've been watching the show Playmakers, and one of its recurring themes is how the pro players sacrifice their long term health to play the sport. Its kinda scary that 15 and 16 year olds are doing the same thing tho.
  6. SJA
    SJA is offline
    dead sexy wino
    SJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    the nearest overpass
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    8149

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    Does the NCAA test players in the off season?
    They can. Usually it's just twice per year. But if someone swells up, it could be reason for testing. I would assume that the coach's attitude toward enhancement would lend to dropping a random test on an athlete.
  7. Banned
    Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Ma
    Age
    29
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    They can. Usually it's just twice per year. But if someone swells up, it could be reason for testing. I would assume that the coach's attitude toward enhancement would lend to dropping a random test on an athlete.

    Thats not 100% correct. NCAA testing is 100% random ( so they say) and the only way that the NCAA can pick certain kids to test is if that player has a history of testing positive.

    My senior year of high school I was 19 years old and right after my senior season I decided to use Prohormones. I am currenly doinh a PG year and will play division 1 football next season. (god willing) When I was in high school no one used anything. Most kids were not even taking a protein supp. Once I came to prep school it was the other way around. I would say that 80% of the kids here are using or thinking about using steroids. Friends I talk to at colleges playing football say the same thing. Everyone juices and takes that risk. If you are not doing it then you fall behind. Every kid is looking for that edge. Forget about the NFL or MLB or anything else kids are taking steroids to get scholerships. When I first came on this site about a year ago and started asking questions people said dont use anything your too young but can you argue that a couple of cycles of m1t as well as its possible long term sides is not worth a 120,000 dollar education?
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Rep Power
    4829

    High schools in FL have announced they will begin testing for steroids next season.

    I believe there will come a day you will look back and say MAN we used to be able to juice in HS and get away with it but NO MORE! Just like old guys say about drinking and driving from 40 years ago.
  9. Registered User
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    139

    I'd say as much as 3/4s of my team was using some sort of prohormone or steroid. I never witnessed anyone inject, but I have seen people take andro poppers, M1T, etc...I also know of 2 people who kept syringes in thier lockers, thier ****ing lockers. There was a group constantly talking about how "winny cut me up" or how "test got me huge."
  10. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Rep Power
    1271

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    High schools in FL have announced they will begin testing for steroids next season.
    I'm sure in high school they'll only be testing during the season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the off season is ussually when the coaches say, "You need to put on 20 pounds by next season."

    Theres a good way to capitalize on this trend tho......invest in HRT companies. When all these juicing 15 and 16 year olds realize they can't produce their own test, they're going to be lining up for HRT.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Section for high school and college athletes
    By pavb10 in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 06:11 PM
  2. High School Track and Field
    By zieglmv9 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 11:32 AM
  3. Where Did You Play High School Football?
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 07:10 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 02:55 PM
  5. North Texas High School Steroid Football Scandal
    By sholiz in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 08:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in