Vitamins??

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.16%

Vitamins??

I am training for a competition in 20 weeks.. it's Physique so I don't have to diet as hard as body building. But I need to know what Vitamins I should be taking and what are the best for what I'm doing..
    Thanks!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.2%

I believe a vitamin is great to take regardless of the goals. Bulking, Cutting, Recomping, etc...

Orange Triad IMO is the best multivitamin with weight lifting and so forth in mind.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.49%

What makes you think you need to take any vitamins? If you are eating a balanced diet with fruit/veg then there shouldn't be any need to take additional vitamins.

Lots of people take vitamins but chances are very few people need to bother with the expense of them. I used to be the same and then stopped just over a year ago and haven't had any vitamin deficiency type problems. The only vitamin I do take is vit-D during the Winter as I live in Northern Europe so sunlight is pretty much non-existent here during the Winter.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.2%

the vitamins you consume in pill form after factoring in bioavailability don't = near a toxic dose. They still don't when you're adding them to your daily diet, they can only further to help you. you wouldn't encounter vitamin deficiency problems by not taking a multivitamin. It helps to cover those vitamins you don't find in all the foods, or quantities that you need.

I bet the chances are, very few people eat a 100% complete diet.

i could be wrong though.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.16%

Quote Originally Posted by Russianog View Post
    the vitamins you consume in pill form after factoring in bioavailability don't = near a toxic dose. They still don't when you're adding them to your daily diet, they can only further to help you. you wouldn't encounter vitamin deficiency problems by not taking a multivitamin. It helps to cover those vitamins you don't find in all the foods, or quantities that you need.

I bet the chances are, very few people eat a 100% complete diet.

i could be wrong though.
    Yeah I am dieting but I eat a lot of different foods. I'm going to get fish oil because I don't eat enough fish and that's good for joints and all that I believe and then yes a multivitamin probably.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by warsteiner View Post
    What makes you think you need to take any vitamins? If you are eating a balanced diet with fruit/veg then there shouldn't be any need to take additional vitamins.

Lots of people take vitamins but chances are very few people need to bother with the expense of them. I used to be the same and then stopped just over a year ago and haven't had any vitamin deficiency type problems. The only vitamin I do take is vit-D during the Winter as I live in Northern Europe so sunlight is pretty much non-existent here during the Winter.
    While I believe this was probably true 100 years ago, food has come a loooong way. Genetically modified fruit and veg, antibiotics in animals, overall processing in foods, high n6:n3 ratios...
    I think everyone should take a multi. Myself, My wife and my 2 daughters do.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.22%

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

While I believe this was probably true 100 years ago, food has come a loooong way. Genetically modified fruit and veg, antibiotics in animals, overall processing in foods, high n6:n3 ratios...
    I think everyone should take a multi. Myself, My wife and my 2 daughters do.
    I prefer whole food vitamins over those hard tabs. But i like to use Green Vibrance by Vibrant health for all my vitamin needs

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor

Similar Forum Threads

1. Vitamin C Pre-Workout?
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 04:31 PM
  2. Excess Vitamin A Harmful
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1