Help me buy a car for my girl

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post

Yeah, new cars depreciate so rapidly just when you get rid of that 0 on the odometer.

Keep the info coming guys, this thread has been gold for me and is really helping the process out. Hopefully others are learning some things as well.
    Exactly why new cars aren't worth It unless you have money to blow. Which it sounds like you don't. Check Craigslist and your local classified adds for newer cars for sale. Chances are they are only selling it because they need money so most likely you have nothing to worry about. Just be careful buying anything older than 04 - 03 around that area anything after 06 is going to be golden and buying off clist will eliminate all the dealer fees an you can get the person to write down a ridiculously low amount of money on the title so you pay less taxes on the sale.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cmitch View Post

Exactly why new cars aren't worth It unless you have money to blow. Which it sounds like you don't. Check Craigslist and your local classified adds for newer cars for sale. Chances are they are only selling it because they need money so most likely you have nothing to worry about. Just be careful buying anything older than 04 - 03 around that area anything after 06 is going to be golden and buying off clist will eliminate all the dealer fees an you can get the person to write down a ridiculously low amount of money on the title so you pay less taxes on the sale.
    Bear in mind that a car is and will never be an investment. You buy a car because you like it, you buy new because you want a guarantee that you'll have no head aches for a min of 5 years.
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post

Bear in mind that a car is and will never be an investment. You buy a car because you like it, you buy new because you want a guarantee that you'll have no head aches for a min of 5 years.
    1960-70 MOPAR and old muscle are investments. And even older as well.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

1960-70 MOPAR and old muscle are investments. And even older as well.
    those are also classics and made with all metal. They are worth there price in metal, boy do I wish they made cars like that again. No airbags need there like a tank lol
  5. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MIGUEL1J View Post

those are also classics and made with all metal. They are worth there price in metal, boy do I wish they made cars like that again. No airbags need there like a tank lol
    I was just clarifying for OP because you said a car will never be an investment. And I've been looking at a couple of those investments recently (got my eye on a 72 skylark ATM just not sure if I have time for the commitment)
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  6. Registered User

I'll let everyone know what we end up getting. Not getting super serious about it until Saturday. This thread has been really great for us though guys, learned a lot. I knew AM community would come through, (that's why I asked) it always does.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!
  7. Registered User

Well we ended up going higher than we initially though after discussing it. We got a 2010 Ford Focus SE with 55K miles on it for just over 10,000. I'm pretty satisfied. This should be good for her for a long time to come.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Well we ended up going higher than we initially though after discussing it. We got a 2010 Ford Focus SE with 55K miles on it for just over 10,000. I'm pretty satisfied. This should be good for her for a long time to come.
    The new focus seems to be an excellent vehicle.

Haven't spent much time under them so its hard to say for sure, but my buddy has one and he seems to like it.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    The new focus seems to be an excellent vehicle.

Haven't spent much time under them so its hard to say for sure, but my buddy has one and he seems to like it.
    I think we got a pretty good deal. She's thrilled and now I don't have to worry about her car exploding every time she drives to work.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 08:40 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:45 PM
  3. Help for my girl friend
    By ProPopper in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 11:45 AM