Co-workers and family concerned about weight

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Co-workers and family concerned about weight

I have been eating extremely clean for about 3 months now. My starting weight was 185lbs. I am 5'10", and I was overweight and getting round. I started eating right and every 3 hours, and as of today I am down to 168. My initial goal was 170, and after surpassing it I wanted to go further because I liked the way my body was looking.

I am enjoying eating clean, and I usually eat one cheat meal (usually dinner) a week. My coworkers and family have expressed concern that I do not eat enough and I look "too thin." My caloric intake is usually around 1400-1500 a day. I have expressed to my coworkers and family that this is what a body looks like on a clean diet, and I am getting adequate nutrition.

Additionally, I lift weights 2x a week and do cardio 2-3x depending on work schedule.

I have made some drastic changes and my body composition has changed quite a bit as a result. Clothes are baggy that used to be tight, and my face is smaller. Should they be concerned based on the information given or are they overreacting?

I want to see my abs, but I don't want to look like a crack-head to do this...

Thanks for your input and suggestions!

2. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

1400 is not nearly enough calories.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

What range would you suggest? I know from calculating, I need 2050 to maintain my current weight.
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Hard to say without knowing your activity level.

But at your height and weight if you don't have visible abs then I am willing to bet that you don't have an appreciable amount of muscle mass and could do well with a lean bulk.

I am an inch shorter at the same.weight and eat nearly 4k a day.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

Oh wow...yeah...I am definitely not in that range. I would say that I have a moderate activity level. Lifting 2x a week and cardio 2-3x. I have calculated that I want to lose a pound per week, and I have been doing that successfully.

I can see my top set of abs, and in doing so I want to get the rest as defined as possible. I would say I have a good bit of muscle mass, but this is my first cut. I have not lost any strength on my diet according to my log. But is not losing strength a good indicator of a healthy cut?
  6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by colby710 View Post
    Oh wow...yeah...I am definitely not in that range. I would say that I have a moderate activity level. Lifting 2x a week and cardio 2-3x. I have calculated that I want to lose a pound per week, and I have been doing that successfully.

I can see my top set of abs, and in doing so I want to get the rest as defined as possible. I would say I have a good bit of muscle mass, but this is my first cut. I have not lost any strength on my diet according to my log. But is not losing strength a good indicator of a healthy cut?
    At 5'10" 168 I would recommend a bulk. If you cut anymore you will probably look like a Holocaust survivor.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.

I appreciate your advice, and I will begin to look further into a lean bulk.
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by colby710 View Post
    I appreciate your advice, and I will begin to look further into a lean bulk.
    I normally start at 3-500 above maintenance and adjust based upon the weight gain and the mirror results.

But then again I'm always lean bulking and haven't legitimately cut once.
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question about weight gainers and muscle builders
    By Mastiffman02 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 09:09 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 09:41 PM
  3. Concerned about my Trans(4AD& 1-T)
    By jetset in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 09:59 AM