Certified Personal Trainer

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1
    NASM seems the road to go down... not ace

    -Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    this right here. ssuming you live in US, there isnt a gym in the nation that doesnt accept NASM certifications. when i finished my cert, i got 3 interviews in the first week at low wage designer gyms. one at a 24hour sport, one at 24hour supersport, and one at a california family fitness. if you want to actually get paid, find a better career. otherwise youre gonna have to get lots of specialty certs and work low income where the gym takes all your money for a few years as well as getting a bachelor in a related science in order to get a real pt job.or youll have to open your own studio/practice, which could be risky but also super ridiculously rewarding


  2. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

    this right here. ssuming you live in US, there isnt a gym in the nation that doesnt accept NASM certifications. when i finished my cert, i got 3 interviews in the first week at low wage designer gyms. one at a 24hour sport, one at 24hour supersport, and one at a california family fitness. if you want to actually get paid, find a better career. otherwise youre gonna have to get lots of specialty certs and work low income where the gym takes all your money for a few years as well as getting a bachelor in a related science in order to get a real pt job.or youll have to open your own studio/practice, which could be risky but also super ridiculously rewarding
    How much were the 24s trying to start you off with?

    -Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Is any credential worth a damn? CSCS, RD, MS. CCC LP, Is any education worth a damn? MD, DO, DPT,...M.Ed...?? I mean nobody knows anything about anything really??

    ~ MANotaur
    In the S&C field, for whatever, the CSCS is held in very lofty esteem. However, when you look at the information and techniques taught, most of them are archaic and provides a very narrow perspective, especially their singular periodization model. The NSCA has chosen to ignore the myriad of periodization templates that exist for linear/Western periodization and it incorrectly leads to the presumption that it is the best model available.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  4. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post

    How much were the 24s trying to start you off with?

    -Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    x2..
    Cultivating Mass.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

    How much were the 24s trying to start you off with?

    -Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    idk if it varies from state to state or county to county or anything. but both of my interviews told me the same thing. they start off the first 5 weeks spoon feeding you clients at 8.50n hour. then its my responsiblity to flip them for more sessions and get more clients of my own. once the grace period ends, its 20%sales commission per session. sessions are $60 for an hour but you can cut them short if theyre ok with it. you can also stack clients or piggy back clients, so like have on join in the last half hour, and continue training that one after the first is over. the supersport said they get 1200 sessions per week on average and have 26 trainers. thats roughly 40 a week per trainer at about 10-15 per sessions, so around $400-600 full time per week. not the greatest but not completely horrible either. supersport is where you wanna be because all the rich ****ers go there, aside from the upper tier gyms. those ones require bachelor degrees though

  6. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

    idk if it varies from state to state or county to county or anything. but both of my interviews told me the same thing. they start off the first 5 weeks spoon feeding you clients at 8.50n hour. then its my responsiblity to flip them for more sessions and get more clients of my own. once the grace period ends, its 20%sales commission per session. sessions are $60 for an hour but you can cut them short if theyre ok with it. you can also stack clients or piggy back clients, so like have on join in the last half hour, and continue training that one after the first is over. the supersport said they get 1200 sessions per week on average and have 26 trainers. thats roughly 40 a week per trainer at about 10-15 per sessions, so around $400-600 full time per week. not the greatest but not completely horrible either. supersport is where you wanna be because all the rich ****ers go there, aside from the upper tier gyms. those ones require bachelor degrees though
    That's where I train anyways.
    It's just going to be a part time gig for me any how...

    -Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

    That's where I train anyways.
    It's just going to be a part time gig for me any how...

    -Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    they also pay for your membership if youre employed by them. and after 3 months, theyll pay for "one significant other" like id have more than one or something. and be careful with the part time idea. if you limit your hours of business, then youll have to find clients with similar hours to you. its pretty rough doing it part time be ause you can have huge gaps of time between sessions. if you have the option, look into physical therapy instead. it goes from physical therapy aide -> assistant -> therapist. therapist = $70grand a year starting, but requires a masters in physical therapy. top 10% = $110grand/year

  8. Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

    they also pay for your membership if youre employed by them. and after 3 months, theyll pay for "one significant other" like id have more than one or something. and be careful with the part time idea. if you limit your hours of business, then youll have to find clients with similar hours to you. its pretty rough doing it part time be ause you can have huge gaps of time between sessions. if you have the option, look into physical therapy instead. it goes from physical therapy aide -> assistant -> therapist. therapist = $70grand a year starting, but requires a masters in physical therapy. top 10% = $110grand/year
    Thx partner.

    -Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 07:44 AM
  2. Organizations That Certify Personal Trainers
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 04:15 AM
  3. Anyone a certified personal trainer?
    By SVTMuscle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 10:25 AM
  4. Personal trainer certification?
    By spoofy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 07:29 PM
  5. any personal trainers here
    By destro19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Log in
Log in