Cold Air filter getting wet, will a wrap help? - AnabolicMinds.com

Cold Air filter getting wet, will a wrap help?

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cold Air filter getting wet, will a wrap help?

have an 01 accord v6. got alot of work done to it. basically every time it rains, my car stalls and my filter is wet. i have the k&n typhoon intake so i just made it short ram and now my car never stalls when its raining. talked to my friend with a Z and he has a filter wrap on his injen intake and says he doesnt have problems. do you guys have any experience with this? really want the cold air back, makes a huge difference. especially since i have two 12s in the back, need all the help i can get. thanks guys
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Does it come with the by pass? The pre filter over the cone filter will still allow water to get through
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Does it come with the by pass? The pre filter over the cone filter will still allow water to get through
    Not sure what you are asking. The wrap is the k&n dry wrap used to repel water

•   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

can you google a pic of the cai you have. most full cai will include a water by pass for your exact problem
    www.lgsciences.com
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

i will when i get home tonight. thanks man

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

The wraps help by repelling water. But it can still get fully submerged. Not worth it. You can seize your motor if you suck up enough water. Your getting at best 7 hp with that intake. Just leave cut as a short ram.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by beastybean View Post
    The wraps help by repelling water. But it can still get fully submerged. Not worth it. You can seize your motor if you suck up enough water. Your getting at best 7 hp with that intake. Just leave cut as a short ram.

i never get submerged. when it pours outside (but no standing water on the road) my car will stall and my filter is wet (when i had the cold air)

8. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Is your fender liner gone? Just because you don't get submerged doesn't mean it won't. It only takes one time. Hydro locked and water in your oil means possible bent rods throw a bearing, ruin a sensor. Just saying its not worth the small horsepower you get. There's a reason they don't do it from the factory.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Is your fender liner gone? Just because you don't get submerged doesn't mean it won't. It only takes one time. Hydro locked and water in your oil means possible bent rods throw a bearing, ruin a sensor. Just saying its not worth the small horsepower you get. There's a reason they don't do it from the factory.
    ill check the fender liner. i had my mechanic look at everything to see for any water damage, nothing. but they flushed all the fluids anyway. just trying to see if the the K&N dry wrap will prevent my filter from getting wet (unless i drive in high water)

10. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

I had the wrap on my s2000 with my bumper cut (for air) and I never had issues, but after sucking up water ( different car) and now living in an area that floods easily i won't get another cai.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

ok got it all checked, heres whats going on (and i appreciate the help!)

I have an K&N typhoon CAI that can be converted to SRI. my underbody is still attached covering the filter from the bottom. my intake doesnt have a bypass. I want to get a bypass as well as a filter sleeve but what blows my mind is my filter somehow gets when even when i dont drive through puddles or ANY standing water. thats why i want the sleeve on there and the bypass valve filter but still not confident. tired of paying for the towing everytime it hydrolocks

12. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

The bypass valves only work if the filter gets fully submerged.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

just go short ram and be done with it.
    www.lgsciences.com
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

The bypass valves only work if the filter gets fully submerged.
    yeah ive read that online as well and thats why im worried. this shop called Nevrslo works on cars, imports, trucks...etc engine swaps the whole 9 yards. he has is D1 license and everything and he told me many people have the same problem i have and the bypass takes care of that problem. i guess i will just drive around town with short ram then at races or car shows put the CAI on. ugh so frustrating how many people never have this problem but i do.

15. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    just go short ram and be done with it.
    i understand your point of view but i hate short ram. just trying to find a way for my CAI to work

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 895
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 06:26 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 12:53 PM
  3. Getting back in the game help//
    By Aa'ron360 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 07:00 AM
  4. Getting a street bike- need help tho..
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 11:44 PM
  5. Newer Board Getting Wet
    By Fayde in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 09:42 AM