Resolution noobs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Resolution noobs


    They are already at my gym

    I had to explain to someone what TUT was so they would stop their furious epileptic episode they tried calling shrugs.

    And another guy was curling in the squat rack, yet even though he was standing right in front of the mirror his right arm went up 2 inches quicker than the left.

    Lastly someone slammed a 100 lb dumb bell and it broke into two 50 lbers... Now my gym is taking away my nice things (the second pair)

    Anyone else have a similar infestation?

  2. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,700
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Idk but my new years resolution is to lose the straps and focus on grip strength which is really lacking
  3. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Idk but my new years resolution is to lose the straps and focus on grip strength which is really lacking
    What worked for me is (on back day especially) don't use your thumbs. I feel better control and after the heavy compounds my forearms are stiff as boards. Helped my bench go up too
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    They are already at my gym

    I had to explain to someone what TUT was so they would stop their furious epileptic episode they tried calling shrugs.

    And another guy was curling in the squat rack, yet even though he was standing right in front of the mirror his right arm went up 2 inches quicker than the left.

    Lastly someone slammed a 100 lb dumb bell and it broke into two 50 lbers... Now my gym is taking away my nice things (the second pair)

    Anyone else have a similar infestation?
    Lol...the things I have done to little sissy curlers in my only squat rack at this horrible gym (I am confined to it until I leave this place in january) are somehow unspeakable...specially since none of them know what a Squat is , what a deadlift is...or how to bench properly without only unlocking the elbows.

    It will only get worse upon the first...trust me bro, they are far more annoying in january and also near spring break...I am happy I am close to snatching 135lbs...come spring break I'll snatch 135 and drop it on the next Squat-Rack-Curler I see...or the next kid claiming a squat PR without even going 25% ROM...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  5. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    Lol...the things I have done to little sissy curlers in my only squat rack at this horrible gym (I am confined to it until I leave this place in january) are somehow unspeakable...specially since none of them know what a Squat is , what a deadlift is...or how to bench properly without only unlocking the elbows.

    It will only get worse upon the first...trust me bro, they are far more annoying in january and also near spring break...I am happy I am close to snatching 135lbs...come spring break I'll snatch 135 and drop it on the next Squat-Rack-Curler I see...or the next kid claiming a squat PR without even going 25% ROM...
    Lmao do you by chance go to the golds down there in RGV? McAllen I think...

    But ya if you can't curl the bar properly get out the way so I can pull some plates plz. Luckily I can curl 135 once so I use that as a scare tactic if I get to one of the squat racks at the same time as one of these mongrels.
  6. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    Lmao do you by chance go to the golds down there in RGV? McAllen I think...

    But ya if you can't curl the bar properly get out the way so I can pull some plates plz. Luckily I can curl 135 once so I use that as a scare tactic if I get to one of the squat racks at the same time as one of these mongrels.
    I scared off a kid today off from the squat rack...he was doing 185 singles for 30% ROM and I loaded 225 and did a full ATG rep of lowbar...he left the squat rack immediately haha. (I did talk to him before and explained him that it is wimpy and sad to lift that way and NOT humble up and learn proper form)

    And no brother, you know I do inhabit the RGV but sadly atm I am stationed in my parents beach house in Veracruz , Mexico...Only good thing is a Z4 2012 I get to drive around...and my dads shelby that I take out from time to time...other than that, gyms are old school mentality with the idea that squats are bad, dead lifts are for brutes and that the best exercise in the world are bicep curls and also dumbbell bench press, those are to be performed in a super set for at least 3-4 times a week...legs are only 1 day and a leg press 5x5 set should be enough...that's the kind of neanderthals I am dealing with...


    Though it is amazing to see their awe when I snatch 115-125 and I ain't the biggest kid in the room hahaha
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  7. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,313
    Rep Power
    1977799
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    5.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wow crazy thread to throw up considering this literally happened to me today!!! Young high school kid in there lifting doing curls by swinging his back and looking like idk he was constipated but anyway idc I'm not there to help I'm there to lift and get big and strong so anyway our "gym helper" not trained in anyway just someone who refills paper towels and such acts like he's king of the gym (he's a self proclaimed power lifter) about 5'10 250lbs hard to tell how much muscle bc he does hold a ton of fat like zero definition in his arms or anything but to each his own I'm not knocking him but he can't even max at 315 so he's not impressive at all but always he tries to play hero and tells this kid it's all about the reps get as many as you can anyway you can and by going up and down quicker you get more reps in which means more results (total opposite of TUT) I just shook my head as I said idc but this kid comes over to me doing back rows and starts up a convo about our high school football team well a few mins into the convo I explained to him it's not really about the rep count it's about getting a weight you can do proper technique with and focus on TUT while keeping your back straight well he says well the trainer guy told me different and all I said was well who do you want to look like him or me? Bang I win lol....Jan 2nd I curse you.....
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  8. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    I scared off a kid today off from the squat rack...he was doing 185 singles for 30% ROM and I loaded 225 and did a full ATG rep of lowbar...he left the squat rack immediately haha. (I did talk to him before and explained him that it is wimpy and sad to lift that way and NOT humble up and learn proper form)

    And no brother, you know I do inhabit the RGV but sadly atm I am stationed in my parents beach house in Veracruz , Mexico...Only good thing is a Z4 2012 I get to drive around...and my dads shelby that I take out from time to time...other than that, gyms are old school mentality with the idea that squats are bad, dead lifts are for brutes and that the best exercise in the world are bicep curls and also dumbbell bench press, those are to be performed in a super set for at least 3-4 times a week...legs are only 1 day and a leg press 5x5 set should be enough...that's the kind of neanderthals I am dealing with...

    Though it is amazing to see their awe when I snatch 115-125 and I ain't the biggest kid in the room hahaha
    Sounds like you are in prison, I'm sorry Ill pray for you.

    But the gym part does suck. I can't go a week without a decent leg workout. Need my endorphins and pain. Lets me know I'm alive. Yeah I said it, if you ain't squatting you aren't living!!!

    The idiots here get 3 sets of tricep extensions in and leave. I hope they got their money's worth..
  9. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Wow crazy thread to throw up considering this literally happened to me today!!! Young high school kid in there lifting doing curls by swinging his back and looking like idk he was constipated but anyway idc I'm not there to help I'm there to lift and get big and strong so anyway our "gym helper" not trained in anyway just someone who refills paper towels and such acts like he's king of the gym (he's a self proclaimed power lifter) about 5'10 250lbs hard to tell how much muscle bc he does hold a ton of fat like zero definition in his arms or anything but to each his own I'm not knocking him but he can't even max at 315 so he's not impressive at all but always he tries to play hero and tells this kid it's all about the reps get as many as you can anyway you can and by going up and down quicker you get more reps in which means more results (total opposite of TUT) I just shook my head as I said idc but this kid comes over to me doing back rows and starts up a convo about our high school football team well a few mins into the convo I explained to him it's not really about the rep count it's about getting a weight you can do proper technique with and focus on TUT while keeping your back straight well he says well the trainer guy told me different and all I said was well who do you want to look like him or me? Bang I win lol....Jan 2nd I curse you.....
    I figured my brothers in iron needed to brace themselves!

    LMAO king of the gym. That's sad I weigh 190 and can hit 315 for 3...but lol my favorite are the epileptic shrugs and the full body upper cut curls.

    We need to get out of the commercial setting.
  10. Elite Member
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,313
    Rep Power
    1977799
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    5.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post

    I figured my brothers in iron needed to brace themselves!

    LMAO king of the gym. That's sad I weigh 190 and can hit 315 for 3...but lol my favorite are the epileptic shrugs and the full body upper cut curls.

    We need to get out of the commercial setting.
    Omg we need to make our own Anti planet fitness commercials !!! They always make fun of body builders lets make ones where they are doing this crap in our gyms and say at the end "should of went to planet fitness"

    BOOM opens up with some decent sizes guys lifting squating in the squat rack...little pip squeak comes up to them with his sweat band on and fancy Adidas pants on (all newly bought on mommys credit card) and he says he guys can I work in? Then he stops and says wow how do you guys curl that much?!?!?? And then it flashes to a scene of them picking him up and putting him in the planet fitness door where he is welcomed by a slice of pizza! Then it goes to black with red writing saying "should of went to planet pizza umm I mean fitness" hahahaha
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  11. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post

    Omg we need to make our own Anti planet fitness commercials !!! They always make fun of body builders lets make ones where they are doing this crap in our gyms and say at the end "should of went to planet fitness"

    BOOM opens up with some decent sizes guys lifting squating in the squat rack...little pip squeak comes up to them with his sweat band on and fancy Adidas pants on (all newly bought on mommys credit card) and he says he guys can I work in? Then he stops and says wow how do you guys curl that much?!?!?? And then it flashes to a scene of them picking him up and putting him in the planet fitness door where he is welcomed by a slice of pizza! Then it goes to black with red writing saying "should of went to planet pizza umm I mean fitness" hahahaha
    I laughed so hard.
    But ya if Planet Fitness can stop me from signing up why can't we deny Cpt. Nooblord?!
    I say we just throw him in a Zumba studio. Lol
  12. New Member
    nyyankee41's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    76
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    37.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    They are already at my gym

    I had to explain to someone what TUT was so they would stop their furious epileptic episode they tried calling shrugs.

    And another guy was curling in the squat rack, yet even though he was standing right in front of the mirror his right arm went up 2 inches quicker than the left.

    Lastly someone slammed a 100 lb dumb bell and it broke into two 50 lbers... Now my gym is taking away my nice things (the second pair)

    Anyone else have a similar infestation?


    image-2927322896.jpg

    This pic is up in my gym!
    As for the infestation, give them the eye an they will just get out of your way. I bet they'll be gone in 4 to 6 weeks.
  13. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by nyyankee41 View Post

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=72 290"/>

    This pic is up in my gym!
    As for the infestation, give them the eye an they will just get out of your way. I bet they'll be gone in 4 to 6 weeks.
    Nice ima print it and bring it in myself.
    And I wouldn't mind them if they didn't take up room, breathe my air or use my weights. But sadly they do. Just gotta find the timing of the herds and beat them!
  14. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,834
    Rep Power
    4499980
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    59.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Luckily I just switched gyms at the right time. The one I joined this week is an old 50,000 sq ft warehouse, with 15 squat racks, 6 power cages, 30 Olympic benches, a 250ft db rack, and separate rooms for different types of training. There could be 100 extra people and I probably wouldn't notice.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  15. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Luckily I just switched gyms at the right time. The one I joined this week is an old 50,000 sq ft warehouse, with 15 squat racks, 6 power cages, 30 Olympic benches, a 250ft db rack, and separate rooms for different types of training. There could be 100 extra people and I probably wouldn't notice.
    That sounds like heaven...I would give everything to have a gym like that here or back at home...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  16. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Luckily I just switched gyms at the right time. The one I joined this week is an old 50,000 sq ft warehouse, with 15 squat racks, 6 power cages, 30 Olympic benches, a 250ft db rack, and separate rooms for different types of training. There could be 100 extra people and I probably wouldn't notice.
    You have a spare bedroom or a medium sized closet I could live in? I think you found heaven
  17. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    That sounds like heaven...I would give everything to have a gym like that here or back at home...
    Lol didn't even see your post bro, that gym does sound nice though
  18. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    7504908
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    7.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Luckily I just switched gyms at the right time. The one I joined this week is an old 50,000 sq ft warehouse, with 15 squat racks, 6 power cages, 30 Olympic benches, a 250ft db rack, and separate rooms for different types of training. There could be 100 extra people and I probably wouldn't notice.
    I hope to open one like that when I ETS.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  19. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.71%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I hope to open one like that when I ETS.
    Come back to texas gym...we, your people, need you.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  20. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    7504908
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    7.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    Come back to texas gym...we, your people, need you.
    Lol gotta save up some more dough.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  21. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,834
    Rep Power
    4499980
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    59.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post

    That sounds like heaven...I would give everything to have a gym like that here or back at home...
    That's how I would describe it. I worked chest this afternoon and had all 30 benches and the db rack to myself lol. There's a strongman area, boxing ring/section, well over 100 machines, and trx suspension training as well. I have to drive 25-30 minutes, but it's well worth it.

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post

    You have a spare bedroom or a medium sized closet I could live in? I think you found heaven
    I could clean out the shed.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I hope to open one like that when I ETS.
    I'd love to own a place like that as well. It seems like the majority of people that join are pretty serious about their training too.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  22. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I hope to open one like that when I ETS.
    I'm with Celly, except instead of just coming back why don't you open that gym here and never leave again? + homo
  23. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    7504908
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    7.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Re: Resolution noobs


    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    I'm with Celly, except instead of just coming back why don't you open that gym here and never leave again? + homo
    You live in Texas?
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  24. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    You live in Texas?
    Yeah near Austin man
  25. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    7504908
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    7.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post

    Yeah near Austin man
    How do you like it out there? I always lived around Houston and am looking to go somewhere besides there when I get out there.

    Been looking for land and pricing.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  26. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    How do you like it out there? I always lived around Houston and am looking to go somewhere besides there when I get out there.

    Been looking for land and pricing.
    city when you want it, suburbs for the rest of the time. My city literally borders Austin so that's pretty nice. we have the most sporadic weather however, but that might be all of Texas. :P
  27. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,884
    Rep Power
    778124
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    28.9%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I usually save the first 2 weeks of January for rest time off from the gym, but not this year :P
  28. New Member
    brenthebdog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    50497
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    11.8%

    I thought it was just here in Colorado, but the resolution crowd appears to have hit early everywhere! Not that I would know, but I assume this is what a herpes flare up is like. Just consider yourselves lucky that you don't live in a state where every ******* in the gym has aspirations of running the Boston, New York, and Chicago marathon and doing a Tough Mudder. A participation medal doesn't count as a 1'st place trophy! And a completion tshirt isn't a substitute for hard earned muscle!

    R.I.P. 100lb dumbell, you'll have one from the "pair" in my gym to keep you company in steel valhalla.
    “Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.”
  29. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,041
    Rep Power
    3696305
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    67.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I have 24/7 access to my gym. I'm allowed to plug my iPod into the gyms surround sound. Yell, drop stuff, get chalk everywhere. It's only crossfit people around 1130, powerlifters in the afternoon/evening, and a couple random guys here and there. No signs of infestation yet.

    I did see a guy in the Target checkout line buying some ab rocker thing and 25lb dumbells....he's about to get shredded and jacked I imagine
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  30. Elite Member
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,937
    Rep Power
    4337191
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    49.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I did see a guy in the Target checkout line buying some ab rocker thing and 25lb dumbells....he's about to get shredded and jacked I imagine
    Gettin' hyooooge lol

    I lift at a commercial gym and they started a deal a while back for 10 bux/month, no contract. Seriously. Bad went to worse, now it's to the point that I have to tell people I want to squat and they need to get out of the rack because I can't squat with their ez bars or dumbbells but they can still curl with them. You just shouldn't have to explain to someone that a power rack is for the heavy work, so stay the f out of my rack if you aren't doing it. I'm polite, but it wears on your patience a little at a time.
  31. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I have 24/7 access to my gym. I'm allowed to plug my iPod into the gyms surround sound. Yell, drop stuff, get chalk everywhere. It's only crossfit people around 1130, powerlifters in the afternoon/evening, and a couple random guys here and there. No signs of infestation yet.

    I did see a guy in the Target checkout line buying some ab rocker thing and 25lb dumbells....he's about to get shredded and jacked I imagine
    NO SHAKE WEIGHT?!

    Cool gym owners though, I am going to start using chalk again
  32. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    7504908
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    7.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post

    NO SHAKE WEIGHT?!

    Cool gym owners though, I am going to start using chalk again
    I need to buy some chalk. The on post gym has some but my off post gym doesn't provide it so I need my own.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  33. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by brenthebdog View Post
    I thought it was just here in Colorado, but the resolution crowd appears to have hit early everywhere! Not that I would know, but I assume this is what a herpes flare up is like. Just consider yourselves lucky that you don't live in a state where every ******* in the gym has aspirations of running the Boston, New York, and Chicago marathon and doing a Tough Mudder. A participation medal doesn't count as a 1'st place trophy! And a completion tshirt isn't a substitute for hard earned muscle!

    R.I.P. 100lb dumbell, you'll have one from the "pair" in my gym to keep you company in steel valhalla.
    Lol I just want my nice things back
  34. New Member
    timvalen's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    56
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    71
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    87.41%

    Quote Originally Posted by StephenGarcia View Post
    They are already at my gym

    And another guy was curling in the squat rack, yet even though he was standing right in front of the mirror his right arm went up 2 inches quicker than the left.

    Lastly someone slammed a 100 lb dumb bell and it broke into two 50 lbers... Now my gym is taking away my nice things (the second pair)

    Anyone else have a similar infestation?
    Seems there are several in every gym, I hate that crap with a passion. Day dreaming on the machines seems to be another problem. I usually recommend alternatives to these people and try to point out the error in their ways. Sometimes I make recommendations to the staff if people keep doing stupid things.

    Sorry, but there is no reason to do curls of a squat rack, if you can't lift the weight off the ground, you don't deserve to be curling it.
    Last edited by timvalen; 12-28-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: additions
  35. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

    Gettin' hyooooge lol

    I lift at a commercial gym and they started a deal a while back for 10 bux/month, no contract. Seriously. Bad went to worse, now it's to the point that I have to tell people I want to squat and they need to get out of the rack because I can't squat with their ez bars or dumbbells but they can still curl with them. You just shouldn't have to explain to someone that a power rack is for the heavy work, so stay the f out of my rack if you aren't doing it. I'm polite, but it wears on your patience a little at a time.
    Obviously the squat rack is to place your ez curl bar at hip level and nothing else!
  36. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,041
    Rep Power
    3696305
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    67.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I need to buy some chalk. The on post gym has some but my off post gym doesn't provide it so I need my own.
    When I go to the gym that isn't mine, I've got a chalk sock I stole from a rock climbing gym. I imagine you could do the same...or just buy one. They're handy, discreet, and last forever.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  37. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    7504908
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    7.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    When I go to the gym that isn't mine, I've got a chalk sock I stole from a rock climbing gym. I imagine you could do the same...or just buy one. They're handy, discreet, and last forever.
    That's a fantastic idea.
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

    Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  38. Elite Member
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,937
    Rep Power
    4337191
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    49.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Buddy uses one all the time, amazon for a few bucks. I just bring in straight chalk in my bag; I only use it on my work sets of deadlift or if I'm trying for a PR in a compound and I clean the bar when I'm done. I just avoid making a big mess and people seem to leave me alone about it.
  39. Professional Member
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,321
    Rep Power
    3031866
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    90.48%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I need to buy some chalk. The on post gym has some but my off post gym doesn't provide it so I need my own.
    Ya any sports/outdoor store should have little bags of it. I love chalk grip, screw straps
  40. New Member
    demondrol's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    17.7%

    i havent noticed any new people yet but i hope theres gonna be some decent looking bishes cumming soon
    my bro science >>> your bro science, its a way of life
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Noob question
    By johnyIROC in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 04:00 PM
  2. Yet, ANOTHER methyl-test Question. (noob)
    By thepizmo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 11:08 PM
  3. Noob question about milk thisle
    By NoviceSekinHelp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2003, 05:14 PM
  4. NooB to the board, NooB to lifting.
    By i am small in forum Pics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2003, 03:01 PM
  5. Directions for Noob transdermal users.
    By txwakeskater in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-02-2003, 12:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in