Hmm why drink milk just eat the cow lol

Been drinking raw unpastuerized. Awesome

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Hmm why drink milk just eat the cow lol

Been drinking raw unpastuerized. Awesome
Yeah, let me just go to the store and buy a cow. I have enough trouble as it is gettign calories from a low carb diet, with cheese and butter out of the picture I won't be able to build muscle anymore, not on the budget I'm on anyway.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buy a crapload of milk and powder it yourself. - Protect yourself against inflation.

I do this with a lot of crap. I'm part of that weird-o "survivalist" community, but hey, I buy oatmeal and rice in bulk and have it fresh for 20yrs so who's the chump? :p

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I don't know how much I can stock up. The situation I'm in now is I live with my grandmom. I had to move back home. I'm living off of ssi and foodstamps, so I buy food on a weekly basis.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The thing with the Farm Bill is that most of it is for food stamps and other assistance programs not ag. any more. Whenever there is a "cut" to the bill, it's the agriculture side that gets cut. If the bill doesn't get updated/passed, then what does that do for the non-agriculture side? Does the food stamp program go away? No, what they (the politicians /government ) will do is reinstate the bill but make some drastic cuts to the ag side so that 95% of the bill is the other stuff (which is already over 80% of the bill).

tussmann

Awards
That means all protein powder prices are going to be insanity.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The thing with the Farm Bill is that most of it is for food stamps and other assistance programs not ag. any more. Whenever there is a "cut" to the bill, it's the agriculture side that gets cut. If the bill doesn't get updated/passed, then what does that do for the non-agriculture side? Does the food stamp program go away? No, what they (the politicians /government ) will do is reinstate the bill but make some drastic cuts to the ag side so that 95% of the bill is the other stuff (which is already over 80% of the bill).
The farm bill is more important,IMO, to the us economy that the whole "fiscal cliff"

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
At first I thought it was speculation and somewhat joking but its a real thing. I wonder how this will effect prices of things like Whey and BCAA's.

-OS-Team AppNut

TexasGuy

Awards
Legalize drugs, impose sale and sin taxes. No more gang violence, no more overcrowded prisons and a **** ton of new governmental revenue.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Legalize drugs, impose sale and sin taxes. No more gang violence, no more overcrowded prisons and a **** ton of new governmental revenue.
are you a fellow libertarian?? if you are im glad im in good company!! but yeah ive heard about it but honestly i dont think it will ever get that high...thats like uber inflation. its gonna keep goin up on a while but eventually its gonna get to the point where people cant afford it...therefor they wont buy it, cause they cant. then the supply with go way up and the demand will neccesarily drop because of the lack of expendable capital, therefore lowering the overall price of the milk.

so is it gonna get more expensive, yes...will it get to $8/gallon and stay there...doubtful

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
New York kinda does that: you can smoke all the cigarettes you want but itll cost you $13 a pack. Seems to work well.

I had an idea of all tax being sales tax the problem is it's far to volatile and could send a boom/bust economy swinging like the mood of a pre-pubecent high school girl.

Sin taxes... like, taxing prostitution? I'm not following. But I like the sounds of it: you can do what you want but be prepared to pay the premium.

-OS-Team AppNut

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
New York kinda does that: you can smoke all the cigarettes you want but itll cost you $13 a pack. Seems to work well.

I had an idea of all tax being sales tax the problem is it's far to volatile and could send a boom/bust economy swinging like the mood of a pre-pubecent high school girl.

Sin taxes... like, taxing prostitution? I'm not following. But I like the sounds of it: you can do what you want but be prepared to pay the premium.

-OS-Team AppNut
I completely disagree.

This country was founded because citizens were unhappy with taxes (among other things) and rebelled so why go back to what we were trying to avoid?

TexasGuy

Awards

-OS-Team AppNut
Sin taxes traditionally tax purchases that would be labeled as "sins" from a biblical perspective. They originate from largely southern "blue laws".

The idea would be similar to new yorks cigarette tax. As long as a behavior isn't hurting or infringing on another persons rights, it should be legal, including drug use, prostitution so long at the hookers aren't forced et cetera. Typical sales taxes would be applied, plus an additional "sin" tax.

The recreational drug industry, which will prosper whether taxed or not, would be a real boon.

Think about corporate pot farms. Increased supply, with much lower distribution costs given legality would drive prices way down for users, a tax would barely be felt and we would have a new, homegrown, cash crop adding to GDP, employment numbers and salaries, sales and sin taxes and every other trickle down benefit.

TexasGuy

Awards
I completely disagree.

This country was founded because citizens were unhappy with taxes (among other things) and rebelled so why go back to what we were trying to avoid?
We were also founded on a gold standard as opposed to a fiat monetary system. Unfortunately bankers put us on a loan system after our inception and we now owe a debt that must be paid.

It is what it is.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I figured thats what you meant, only problem is thats a huge breach on separation of church and state. This land is too far diverse to agree on what to label "sins."

Hemp is the biggest possible cash crop the US could ever possibly have. We did farm it for years before the 20's decided marijuana was a bad idea. Not just for recreational smoking, the possible uses for hemp are far in horizons and its quality in the US would be unparalleled.

-OS-Team AppNut

TexasGuy

Awards
I figured thats what you meant, only problem is thats a huge breach on separation of church and state. This land is too far diverse to agree on what to label "sins."

Hemp is the biggest possible cash crop the US could ever possibly have. We did farm it for years before the 20's decided marijuana was a bad idea. Not just for recreational smoking, the possible uses for hemp are far in horizons and its quality in the US would be unparalleled.

-OS-Team AppNut
It's just terminology. The principle is already being applied, such as cigarettes in NY.

Yeah, hemp would be a great product to mass produce. It would probably just replace cotton where GDP is concerned but hey, if the marijuana plant as a whole gives more benefits, why not?

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I completely disagree.

What I'm driving at with the idea of ALL sales tax was that it would be relatively based on income. If I can afford a Lexus so I'm taxed the percentage of it which is higher than if I bought a Jeep. It would force people to live within their means and everyone pays the same amount of taxes because its a fixed rate or slight variables based on commodity and value.*

*In a perfect world.

-OS-Team AppNut

TexasGuy

Awards
What I'm driving at with the idea of ALL sales tax was that it would be relatively based on income. If I can afford a Lexus so I'm taxed the percentage of it which is higher than if I bought a Jeep. It would force people to live within their means and everyone pays the same amount of taxes because its a fixed rate or slight variables based on commodity and value.*

*In a perfect world.

-OS-Team AppNut
Yeah, I agree if I'm reading you right. I know in Texas we have a flat sales tax, which effectively costs more as product prices rise.

Income tax generated from pot farm laborers would be a tricky discussion though, as they already are.