1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Anyone else hear about milk prices?

Latest fiscal cliff warning: Milk prices could increase to $8 a gallon | Deseret News

Hope this doesn't happen, or I'll turn into a skinny weakling.

2. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Hmm why drink milk just eat the cow lol

Been drinking raw unpastuerized. Awesome
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post
    Hmm why drink milk just eat the cow lol

Been drinking raw unpastuerized. Awesome
    Yeah, let me just go to the store and buy a cow. I have enough trouble as it is gettign calories from a low carb diet, with cheese and butter out of the picture I won't be able to build muscle anymore, not on the budget I'm on anyway.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Buy a crapload of milk and powder it yourself. - Protect yourself against inflation.

I do this with a lot of crap. I'm part of that weird-o "survivalist" community, but hey, I buy oatmeal and rice in bulk and have it fresh for 20yrs so who's the chump?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.87%

I don't know how much I can stock up. The situation I'm in now is I live with my grandmom. I had to move back home. I'm living off of ssi and foodstamps, so I buy food on a weekly basis.
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.94%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

The thing with the Farm Bill is that most of it is for food stamps and other assistance programs not ag. any more. Whenever there is a "cut" to the bill, it's the agriculture side that gets cut. If the bill doesn't get updated/passed, then what does that do for the non-agriculture side? Does the food stamp program go away? No, what they (the politicians /government ) will do is reinstate the bill but make some drastic cuts to the ag side so that 95% of the bill is the other stuff (which is already over 80% of the bill).
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    IRON FLEX SUPPLEMENTS REP SAVE 20% WITH LUKE20 @ IRONFLEXSUPPS.COM
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.83%

That means all protein powder prices are going to be insanity.
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.98%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    The thing with the Farm Bill is that most of it is for food stamps and other assistance programs not ag. any more. Whenever there is a "cut" to the bill, it's the agriculture side that gets cut. If the bill doesn't get updated/passed, then what does that do for the non-agriculture side? Does the food stamp program go away? No, what they (the politicians /government ) will do is reinstate the bill but make some drastic cuts to the ag side so that 95% of the bill is the other stuff (which is already over 80% of the bill).
    The farm bill is more important,IMO, to the us economy that the whole "fiscal cliff"
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.97%
    Achievements Activity Pro

We will have to all become farmers
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.97%
    Achievements Activity Pro

and learn how to milk
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.3%

At first I thought it was speculation and somewhat joking but its a real thing. I wonder how this will effect prices of things like Whey and BCAA's.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

Legalize drugs, impose sale and sin taxes. No more gang violence, no more overcrowded prisons and a **** ton of new governmental revenue.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Legalize drugs, impose sale and sin taxes. No more gang violence, no more overcrowded prisons and a **** ton of new governmental revenue.
    are you a fellow libertarian?? if you are im glad im in good company!! but yeah ive heard about it but honestly i dont think it will ever get that high...thats like uber inflation. its gonna keep goin up on a while but eventually its gonna get to the point where people cant afford it...therefor they wont buy it, cause they cant. then the supply with go way up and the demand will neccesarily drop because of the lack of expendable capital, therefore lowering the overall price of the milk.

so is it gonna get more expensive, yes...will it get to $8/gallon and stay there...doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.3%

I have nipples, Greg. Can ya milk me?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.02%

I thought that milk tax failed?
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.72%

Quote Originally Posted by ponysteak View Post
    I have nipples, Greg. Can ya milk me?
    Nice one Fokker!

~ MANotaur
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.3%

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    New York kinda does that: you can smoke all the cigarettes you want but itll cost you $13 a pack. Seems to work well.

I had an idea of all tax being sales tax the problem is it's far to volatile and could send a boom/bust economy swinging like the mood of a pre-pubecent high school girl.

Sin taxes... like, taxing prostitution? I'm not following. But I like the sounds of it: you can do what you want but be prepared to pay the premium.

-OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.95%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    New York kinda does that: you can smoke all the cigarettes you want but itll cost you $13 a pack. Seems to work well.

I had an idea of all tax being sales tax the problem is it's far to volatile and could send a boom/bust economy swinging like the mood of a pre-pubecent high school girl.

Sin taxes... like, taxing prostitution? I'm not following. But I like the sounds of it: you can do what you want but be prepared to pay the premium.

-OS-Team AppNut
    I completely disagree.

This country was founded because citizens were unhappy with taxes (among other things) and rebelled so why go back to what we were trying to avoid?
    Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

-OS-Team AppNut
    Sin taxes traditionally tax purchases that would be labeled as "sins" from a biblical perspective. They originate from largely southern "blue laws".

The idea would be similar to new yorks cigarette tax. As long as a behavior isn't hurting or infringing on another persons rights, it should be legal, including drug use, prostitution so long at the hookers aren't forced et cetera. Typical sales taxes would be applied, plus an additional "sin" tax.

The recreational drug industry, which will prosper whether taxed or not, would be a real boon.

Think about corporate pot farms. Increased supply, with much lower distribution costs given legality would drive prices way down for users, a tax would barely be felt and we would have a new, homegrown, cash crop adding to GDP, employment numbers and salaries, sales and sin taxes and every other trickle down benefit.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I completely disagree.

This country was founded because citizens were unhappy with taxes (among other things) and rebelled so why go back to what we were trying to avoid?
    We were also founded on a gold standard as opposed to a fiat monetary system. Unfortunately bankers put us on a loan system after our inception and we now owe a debt that must be paid.

It is what it is.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.3%

I figured thats what you meant, only problem is thats a huge breach on separation of church and state. This land is too far diverse to agree on what to label "sins."

Hemp is the biggest possible cash crop the US could ever possibly have. We did farm it for years before the 20's decided marijuana was a bad idea. Not just for recreational smoking, the possible uses for hemp are far in horizons and its quality in the US would be unparalleled.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

I figured thats what you meant, only problem is thats a huge breach on separation of church and state. This land is too far diverse to agree on what to label "sins."

Hemp is the biggest possible cash crop the US could ever possibly have. We did farm it for years before the 20's decided marijuana was a bad idea. Not just for recreational smoking, the possible uses for hemp are far in horizons and its quality in the US would be unparalleled.

-OS-Team AppNut
    It's just terminology. The principle is already being applied, such as cigarettes in NY.

Yeah, hemp would be a great product to mass produce. It would probably just replace cotton where GDP is concerned but hey, if the marijuana plant as a whole gives more benefits, why not?
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.3%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I completely disagree.

What I'm driving at with the idea of ALL sales tax was that it would be relatively based on income. If I can afford a Lexus so I'm taxed the percentage of it which is higher than if I bought a Jeep. It would force people to live within their means and everyone pays the same amount of taxes because its a fixed rate or slight variables based on commodity and value.*

*In a perfect world.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Franz Kafka
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%

What I'm driving at with the idea of ALL sales tax was that it would be relatively based on income. If I can afford a Lexus so I'm taxed the percentage of it which is higher than if I bought a Jeep. It would force people to live within their means and everyone pays the same amount of taxes because its a fixed rate or slight variables based on commodity and value.*

*In a perfect world.

-OS-Team AppNut
    Yeah, I agree if I'm reading you right. I know in Texas we have a flat sales tax, which effectively costs more as product prices rise.

Income tax generated from pot farm laborers would be a tricky discussion though, as they already are.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone else Have Gripes about Triad?
    By themandaloria in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 10:27 AM
  2. Anyone else sick of hearing about Barry Bonds?
    By Chad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 01:33 AM
  3. Anyone else sick of hearing about the hurricanes?
    By The Doberman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 07:12 PM
  4. Anyone else use milk protein isolate?
    By Rock Lee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 01:02 PM
  5. Anybody hear about Nature's Best Milk and Egg Protein??
    By hardlyworkin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 03:01 PM