seeing a doctor for my gyno lump....how much should I tell him?

Babbagandu

Awards
I've had this lump for 3-4 weeks now. I've been using letro at 2.5mg and also 12.5mg exemestane every day but seeing only minor improvement. The lump's size decreased a little and became less sore but the improvement seems to have stopped.

I was going to make a doctors appointment to see if he can help. Idk if I should tell him it's from prohormones. I'm going to be on my companies insurance starting in January and I want to make sure the insurance will cover my surgery if I need it...I'm thinking gyno caused by steroid use will not be covered ...am I right?

Could there be any problems if I tell him I've been taking research grade AI's?

Babbagandu

Awards
Tell him everything... What's he gonna do, besides help you
Well my main concern was that he would put steroid use on my medical history which would complicate things with my insurance if I want them to cover the surgery if I need it

Babbagandu

Awards
Also does anybody know how hard it would be to have it considered a "necessary " surgery instead of a cosmetic one so insurance covers it?

I think the biggest problem is that the lump is only in one nipple and if I have to go under the knife I'd rather they just cut out the gland in both nipples so I don't have to worry about this in the future when I cycle again

Babbagandu

Awards
I don't see how it could be necessary. If its not harming you in any way. They will probably recommend you see a plastic surgeon. So it will be cosmetic, some plastic surgeons do have finance plans. If you don't have enough $$ for an upfront cost.

How long have you been using the letro?
I started letro maybe a week after I noticed it. So 3 weeks or maybe a little less

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you get bloods and he sees how trashed your lipids will be from that letro you will have some explaining to do.