How to stop smoking?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    How to stop smoking?


    Hey guys,

    I'm one of those stupid f u c kers that started smoking and now have a hard time to stop.

    I started when I was 23, and now I'm 32 and think it's time to say goodbye to them.

    Anyone wants to share their experience?

    Appreciate it...
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com

  2. Registered User
    Young Gotti's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,354
    Answers
    0

    i'm over two months without a cig.....i turned to electronic cig's...not the crappy ones u find at gas stations though

    your better off going with a mod e cig, they are more satisfying imo, you also get a wide variety of sites that sell different flavors and diffrent nicotine strengths....may not be the best but you don't get the burning smoke and all the other chemicals included in cigarettes

    i've also read recent things that say nicotine is very addictive but it's easier to get off than a lot of ppl think because cigarettes actually have a host of other addictive things in them....but as long as i'm getting my nicotine i dont' miss the cigs at all and i've already dropped my nicotine content down from 24mg to 18mgs during the day and 12 mg at night
    I Force Anabolic Minion, Eat, Train, Grow
    Iforcenutrition.com
  3. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0

    Friends of mine have tried going cold turkey & stopping, but they all started smoking again within months & some within weeks... They seemed to think that they were better & stronger because they "tried" to do it with no help...

    I however chose patches... The thing with patches is that they stop the cravings, but if the will to not smoke isn't there the patches don't do a damn thing... I wanted to quit, so I used the patches to kill the cravings & my mind HAD TO do the rest... Anyways, 8yrs of smoking turned into 7yrs smoke free my friend... Why? Because I put my health & will power infront of my ego...
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0

    Almost 8yrs smoke free actually...
  5. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz
    Almost 8yrs smoke free actually...
    great bro...hope to achieve the same
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  6. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    great bro...hope to achieve the same
    The saying, "where there's a will, there's a way" could not be more fitting when it comes to quitting smoking... I feel great & the money you save is crazy... Have you got a plan of attack, or are you just in the planning stages?
  7. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    The saying, "where there's a will, there's a way" could not be more fitting when it comes to quitting smoking... I feel great & the money you save is crazy... Have you got a plan of attack, or are you just in the planning stages?
    I've tried before, quit for 2weeks...biggest problem is, my girlfriend also smokes,making it harder to quit....
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  8. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    I've tried before, quit for 2weeks...biggest problem is, my girlfriend also smokes,making it harder to quit....
    That does make it difficult... But not impossible... I'll be rooting for you if you take on the challenge man...
  9. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    thinking of quitting when I start the 1alpha log(sponsored)...

    then I should have enough inspiration and support by you guys...I hope.
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  10. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0

    No doubt you'll get the support from all who follow your log...
  11. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Answers
    0

    Suprisingly chewing tobacco helped me out. My need for nicotine fixes dropped dramatically and I find the habit far more disgusting so I cut back a lot.

    All said and done you truly have to want to quit. And people telling you not to smoke becomes reverse psychology. Chew gum, lollipops, anything that fills the gap of that oral fixation. Haven't smoked for 4 years now.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  12. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz
    No doubt you'll get the support from all who follow your log...
    Yeah man....really looking forward to that...you guys are great...glad that I joined AM!
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  13. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    Suprisingly chewing tobacco helped me out. My need for nicotine fixes dropped dramatically and I find the habit far more disgusting so I cut back a lot.

    All said and done you truly have to want to quit. And people telling you not to smoke becomes reverse psychology. Chew gum, lollipops, anything that fills the gap of that oral fixation. Haven't smoked for 4 years now.
    thanks for the inspiration
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  14. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    thanks for the inspiration
    No doubt. It can be done. And you will when you truly want to. It may not be tomorrow but keep thinking that way and you'll come around. And don't make a circumstance like "Oh when X or Y happen, then ill quit."
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  15. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,704
    Answers
    0

    You're not going to want to hear this but studies show that those who stop cold Turkey have a better chance of staying stopped than just weaning yourself off...I smoked for ten years..started at age 12 and quit at 22..only thing is that at the time I was also a heavy drug user and alcoholic I quit everything cold Turkey and never looked back
  16. Registered User
    soul0wner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,823
    Answers
    0

    Cold turkey is the only way to go.
  17. Registered User
    airram479's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    384
    Answers
    0

    I quit 6/27/2007....cold turkey. I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. My situtation was different than most though. I was moving from Chicago to Denver to start a new life and took full adavantage of being away from friends and family that were smokers as well....needless to say it worked. If i were you i would look into chewing gum either with or without the nicotine, the gum chewing really curbed the urge for me....good luck.
  18. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by airram479
    I quit 6/27/2007....cold turkey. I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. My situtation was different than most though. I was moving from Chicago to Denver to start a new life and took full adavantage of being away from friends and family that were smokers as well....needless to say it worked. If i were you i would look into chewing gum either with or without the nicotine, the gum chewing really curbed the urge for me....good luck.
    thanks bro...I'll defenitely be using the chewing gum....keep you guys posted when I quit!
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  19. Registered User
    thyrod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,306
    Answers
    0

    Started smoking at 13-14 now I'm almost 21. At the age of 17 I quit and started dipping. And hopefully in the future from dip to beef jerky. Ha nicotine is the hardiest thing to quit that I've ever been addicted to.
  20. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by thyrod
    Started smoking at 13-14 now I'm almost 21. At the age of 17 I quit and started dipping. And hopefully in the future from dip to beef jerky. Ha nicotine is the hardiest thing to quit that I've ever been addicted to.
    wished I never started in the first place....used to be an anti smoker...hated my dad for smoking, look who's smoking now...dumb ass me.
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  21. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    wished I never started in the first place....used to be an anti smoker...hated my dad for smoking, look who's smoking now...dumb ass me.
    Past is the past... Just quit & move forward & all will be good...
  22. Registered User
    thyrod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,306
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    wished I never started in the first place....used to be an anti smoker...hated my dad for smoking, look who's smoking now...dumb ass me.
    Haha yeah momma and dad use to smoke and I would just steal there packs.
    Wen I got caught I would say I threw them out Cus I dot want you smoking.
  23. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by thyrod

    Haha yeah momma and dad use to smoke and I would just steal there packs.
    hahaha....see what addiction makes us do
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  24. Registered User
    progunxzx's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3
    Answers
    0

    I agree with the first reply. E cigs have replaced smoking for me. I feel far healthier. Also, as stated a mod is the way to go... there's many out there to choose from, the silverbullet or a REO are ones I would start a search on google with. Been off smoking since march thanks to e cigs.

    I quit cold turkey from drinking 3 and a 1/2 years ago. Smoking for some reason I just needed to go what I feel is a harm reduction route.

    Good luck.
  25. Registered User
    TheSaiyan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,259
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    Hey guys,

    I'm one of those stupid f u c kers that started smoking and now have a hard time to stop.

    I started when I was 23, and now I'm 32 and think it's time to say goodbye to them.

    Anyone wants to share their experience?

    Appreciate it...
    Snus pouches
  26. Registered User
    gmanall's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    262
    Answers
    0

    +1 for ecigs, just made the switch and am loving it. For me smoking was more then the nic, it was the act of chilling with friends, passing time and watching the smoke. The first week is hard just because you have to get used to the taste and charging the battery but once you get used to it smoking the real thing becomes more and more disgusting till you don't need it anymore. Gonna be droping down from 2.4 to 1.8 soon and it feels good.
  27. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by gmanall
    +1 for ecigs, just made the switch and am loving it. For me smoking was more then the nic, it was the act of chilling with friends, passing time and watching the smoke. The first week is hard just because you have to get used to the taste and charging the battery but once you get used to it smoking the real thing becomes more and more disgusting till you don't need it anymore. Gonna be droping down from 2.4 to 1.8 soon and it feels good.
    look into the ecig....thanks bro
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  28. Registered User
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    look into the ecig....thanks bro
    Very good option to start. NYC is $13 a pack, that's enough to keep me from smoking.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  29. Registered User
    soul0wner's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,823
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow

    Very good option to start. NYC is $13 a pack, that's enough to keep me from smoking.
    Wow, that's ridiculous. When I did it was like 6-7$ a pack, and that's pretty ridiculous as well.
  30. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    hey amigos....the time has come....today is the day I quit smoking.....

    My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

    Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

    Just have to do it....
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  31. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    hey amigos....the time has come....today is the day I quit smoking.....

    My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

    Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

    Just have to do it....
    Congrats on the pregnancy man...

    When your hanging for a smoke, chew gum or go have unprotected sex without worrying about getting her pregnant... Much more satisfying than a cigarette... Haha!

    Congrats once again!!!
  32. Registered User
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,983
    Answers
    0

    Ecigs worked for me like a miracle. Haven't had a smoke in 6 months after being a daily smoker for around 14 years. I recommend volcano ecigs. Google it they really work! Also chew a crap load of gum!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  33. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    Congrats on the pregnancy man...

    When your hanging for a smoke, chew gum or go have unprotected sex without worrying about getting her pregnant... Much more satisfying than a cigarette... Haha!

    Congrats once again!!!
    love your advice mate....
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  34. Registered User
    BLaQz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,209
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    love your advice mate....
    Anytime...
  35. Registered User
    Reds91's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  147 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    190
    Answers
    0

    Also want to quit. Tried the e cig but it didn't do the trick for me.
  36. Registered User
    Irish Cannon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,615
    Answers
    0

    My wife quit using an e-cig. I bought her the Joyetech 510 and BOGE 510 cartos. - I've never been a smoker, but I ended up getting bored and now I puff on an e-cig all the time. I ended up buying myself a Joyetech Ego-C Twist and have a MAP 5ml DCT.

    I've been vaping for a while now. Probably a year or so. I decided not to buy any more juice this month. Almost out. Don't really care, but I'm sure I'll miss the morning vapes.

    I still smoke cigars at least once or twice per week, but I just haven't really wanted to spend the money on the stuff lately. - Ecigs aren't too bad as far as cost goes. I spent maybe $20/mth on juice, and then cartos were about $2.50 a pop. They last anywhere from 2wks to 8wks. Some are fickle for some reason.

    Just make sure to buy online. Vape shops will financially ravage your butt hole.

    Since you're actually a regular smoker, I wouldn't recommend anything less than an Ego. You just wouldn't be satisfied with the standard 510's.
  37. Registered User
    mls51112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Age
    21
    Posts
    736
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    hey amigos....the time has come....today is the day I quit smoking.....

    My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

    Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

    Just have to do it....
    congrats! Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -
  38. Registered User
    edje007's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,928
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by mls51112

    congrats! Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
    Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

    Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  39. Registered User
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,983
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    congrats! Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
    congrats to you guys! It took me almost 2 years after my son was born to finally suck it up and actually quit.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  40. Registered User
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,983
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

    Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god
    good luck, man. I know that feeling really well, it'll go away.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. tryin to stop smoking need help
    By ohiostate2827 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 10:51 PM
  2. HOW TO STOP KETOSIS?
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 08:46 PM
  3. How to Quit Smoking Without Gaining (Much) Weight
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
  4. How to stop gangs like MS13?
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 12:31 AM
  5. How to stop recurring forearm pain?
    By BigVrunga in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 05:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in