How to stop smoking?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'm one of those stupid f u c kers that started smoking and now have a hard time to stop.

I started when I was 23, and now I'm 32 and think it's time to say goodbye to them.

Anyone wants to share their experience?

Appreciate it...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm over two months without a cig.....i turned to electronic cig's...not the crappy ones u find at gas stations though

your better off going with a mod e cig, they are more satisfying imo, you also get a wide variety of sites that sell different flavors and diffrent nicotine strengths....may not be the best but you don't get the burning smoke and all the other chemicals included in cigarettes

i've also read recent things that say nicotine is very addictive but it's easier to get off than a lot of ppl think because cigarettes actually have a host of other addictive things in them....but as long as i'm getting my nicotine i dont' miss the cigs at all and i've already dropped my nicotine content down from 24mg to 18mgs during the day and 12 mg at night

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
Friends of mine have tried going cold turkey & stopping, but they all started smoking again within months & some within weeks... They seemed to think that they were better & stronger because they "tried" to do it with no help...

I however chose patches... The thing with patches is that they stop the cravings, but if the will to not smoke isn't there the patches don't do a damn thing... I wanted to quit, so I used the patches to kill the cravings & my mind HAD TO do the rest... Anyways, 8yrs of smoking turned into 7yrs smoke free my friend... Why? Because I put my health & will power infront of my ego...

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
great bro...hope to achieve the same
The saying, "where there's a will, there's a way" could not be more fitting when it comes to quitting smoking... I feel great & the money you save is crazy... Have you got a plan of attack, or are you just in the planning stages?

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The saying, "where there's a will, there's a way" could not be more fitting when it comes to quitting smoking... I feel great & the money you save is crazy... Have you got a plan of attack, or are you just in the planning stages?
I've tried before, quit for 2weeks...biggest problem is, my girlfriend also smokes,making it harder to quit....

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I've tried before, quit for 2weeks...biggest problem is, my girlfriend also smokes,making it harder to quit....
That does make it difficult... But not impossible... I'll be rooting for you if you take on the challenge man...

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thinking of quitting when I start the 1alpha log(sponsored)...

then I should have enough inspiration and support by you guys...I hope.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
No doubt you'll get the support from all who follow your log...

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Suprisingly chewing tobacco helped me out. My need for nicotine fixes dropped dramatically and I find the habit far more disgusting so I cut back a lot.

All said and done you truly have to want to quit. And people telling you not to smoke becomes reverse psychology. Chew gum, lollipops, anything that fills the gap of that oral fixation. Haven't smoked for 4 years now.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No doubt you'll get the support from all who follow your log...
Yeah man....really looking forward to that...you guys are great...glad that I joined AM!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Suprisingly chewing tobacco helped me out. My need for nicotine fixes dropped dramatically and I find the habit far more disgusting so I cut back a lot.

All said and done you truly have to want to quit. And people telling you not to smoke becomes reverse psychology. Chew gum, lollipops, anything that fills the gap of that oral fixation. Haven't smoked for 4 years now.
thanks for the inspiration

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the inspiration
No doubt. It can be done. And you will when you truly want to. It may not be tomorrow but keep thinking that way and you'll come around. And don't make a circumstance like "Oh when X or Y happen, then ill quit."

JD261985

Banned
Awards
You're not going to want to hear this but studies show that those who stop cold Turkey have a better chance of staying stopped than just weaning yourself off...I smoked for ten years..started at age 12 and quit at 22..only thing is that at the time I was also a heavy drug user and alcoholic I quit everything cold Turkey and never looked back

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I quit 6/27/2007....cold turkey. I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. My situtation was different than most though. I was moving from Chicago to Denver to start a new life and took full adavantage of being away from friends and family that were smokers as well....needless to say it worked. If i were you i would look into chewing gum either with or without the nicotine, the gum chewing really curbed the urge for me....good luck.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I quit 6/27/2007....cold turkey. I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. My situtation was different than most though. I was moving from Chicago to Denver to start a new life and took full adavantage of being away from friends and family that were smokers as well....needless to say it worked. If i were you i would look into chewing gum either with or without the nicotine, the gum chewing really curbed the urge for me....good luck.
thanks bro...I'll defenitely be using the chewing gum....keep you guys posted when I quit!

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Started smoking at 13-14 now I'm almost 21. At the age of 17 I quit and started dipping. And hopefully in the future from dip to beef jerky. Ha nicotine is the hardiest thing to quit that I've ever been addicted to.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Started smoking at 13-14 now I'm almost 21. At the age of 17 I quit and started dipping. And hopefully in the future from dip to beef jerky. Ha nicotine is the hardiest thing to quit that I've ever been addicted to.
wished I never started in the first place....used to be an anti smoker...hated my dad for smoking, look who's smoking now...dumb ass me.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
wished I never started in the first place....used to be an anti smoker...hated my dad for smoking, look who's smoking now...dumb ass me.
Past is the past... Just quit & move forward & all will be good...

thyrod

thyrod

Awards
Haha yeah momma and dad use to smoke and I would just steal there packs.
Wen I got caught I would say I threw them out Cus I dot want you smoking.

progunxzx

Awards
I agree with the first reply. E cigs have replaced smoking for me. I feel far healthier. Also, as stated a mod is the way to go... there's many out there to choose from, the silverbullet or a REO are ones I would start a search on google with. Been off smoking since march thanks to e cigs.

I quit cold turkey from drinking 3 and a 1/2 years ago. Smoking for some reason I just needed to go what I feel is a harm reduction route.

Good luck.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys,

I'm one of those stupid f u c kers that started smoking and now have a hard time to stop.

I started when I was 23, and now I'm 32 and think it's time to say goodbye to them.

Anyone wants to share their experience?

Appreciate it...
Snus pouches

gmanall

Awards
+1 for ecigs, just made the switch and am loving it. For me smoking was more then the nic, it was the act of chilling with friends, passing time and watching the smoke. The first week is hard just because you have to get used to the taste and charging the battery but once you get used to it smoking the real thing becomes more and more disgusting till you don't need it anymore. Gonna be droping down from 2.4 to 1.8 soon and it feels good.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
+1 for ecigs, just made the switch and am loving it. For me smoking was more then the nic, it was the act of chilling with friends, passing time and watching the smoke. The first week is hard just because you have to get used to the taste and charging the battery but once you get used to it smoking the real thing becomes more and more disgusting till you don't need it anymore. Gonna be droping down from 2.4 to 1.8 soon and it feels good.
look into the ecig....thanks bro

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
look into the ecig....thanks bro
Very good option to start. NYC is $13 a pack, that's enough to keep me from smoking.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey amigos....the time has come....today is the day I quit smoking.....

My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

Just have to do it....

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards

My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

Just have to do it....
Congrats on the pregnancy man...

When your hanging for a smoke, chew gum or go have unprotected sex without worrying about getting her pregnant... Much more satisfying than a cigarette... Haha!

Congrats once again!!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ecigs worked for me like a miracle. Haven't had a smoke in 6 months after being a daily smoker for around 14 years. I recommend volcano ecigs. Google it they really work! Also chew a crap load of gum!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats on the pregnancy man...

When your hanging for a smoke, chew gum or go have unprotected sex without worrying about getting her pregnant... Much more satisfying than a cigarette... Haha!

Congrats once again!!!
love your advice mate....

Reds91

Reds91

Awards
Also want to quit. Tried the e cig but it didn't do the trick for me.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife quit using an e-cig. I bought her the Joyetech 510 and BOGE 510 cartos. - I've never been a smoker, but I ended up getting bored and now I puff on an e-cig all the time. I ended up buying myself a Joyetech Ego-C Twist and have a MAP 5ml DCT.

I've been vaping for a while now. Probably a year or so. I decided not to buy any more juice this month. Almost out. Don't really care, but I'm sure I'll miss the morning vapes.

I still smoke cigars at least once or twice per week, but I just haven't really wanted to spend the money on the stuff lately. - Ecigs aren't too bad as far as cost goes. I spent maybe $20/mth on juice, and then cartos were about $2.50 a pop. They last anywhere from 2wks to 8wks. Some are fickle for some reason.

Just make sure to buy online. Vape shops will financially ravage your butt hole.

Since you're actually a regular smoker, I wouldn't recommend anything less than an Ego. You just wouldn't be satisfied with the standard 510's.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards

Just have to do it....
congrats! :D Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
congrats! :D Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
congrats to you guys! It took me almost 2 years after my son was born to finally suck it up and actually quit.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god
good luck, man. I know that feeling really well, it'll go away.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
good luck, man. I know that feeling really well, it'll go away.
hope so....pffff....today is a real pain....start work around noon, home alone, bored...you know, ...wished I never started smoking, hahaha...poison

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should really be ashamed....I'm a physical education teacher at a highschool...nice example....if I succeed at quitting I could be a rolemodel again.

1positive side note, I'm hungry all the time, and even after 1day without smoking everything tastes better.

Hope the 1alpha from finaflex gets here, and I can get started with the sponsored log. Should take my mind of the cig.

BLaQz

BLaQz

Awards
I should really be ashamed....I'm a physical education teacher at a highschool...nice example....if I succeed at quitting I could be a rolemodel again.

1positive side note, I'm hungry all the time, and even after 1day without smoking everything tastes better.

Hope the 1alpha from finaflex gets here, and I can get started with the sponsored log. Should take my mind of the cig.
Use that first paragraph as more motivation... Role model... Also will be a role model for your little one on the way...

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use that first paragraph as more motivation... Role model... Also will be a role model for your little one on the way...
abso****inglutely....have to do this!!!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2... How's it going bro? Hanging in there?
hey man, hanging in there....just had a big fight with my girlfriend. She has been smoking the last 2days. She smoked 2....really sucks because she's pregnant, and promised to quit. We had a miscarriage last year, so I really want her to quit.

Sucks quitting while your girl still smokes

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey man, hanging in there....just had a big fight with my girlfriend. She has been smoking the last 2days. She smoked 2....really sucks because she's pregnant, and promised to quit. We had a miscarriage last year, so I really want her to quit.

Sucks quitting while your girl still smokes
you should show her some pics of what smoking does to a baby

steppinRazor

Awards
hey man, looks like some pretty good feedback here. 2 days is 2 days tobacco free - keep up the good work!
im a week shy of 3 months my self. i smoked for 13 years. like it was mentioned before first 2-3 weeks are hell. once you get thru that man, you're set. ohh and for the record, my girlfriend still smokes. she lasted a week. im still on her ass but you have to WANT it. she'll get there soon enough.

i kinda skimmed this thread, are you using any quitting aids? gum/patch/pills?