How to stop smoking?

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

  1. start chewing tobacco.... then when you want to quit that just get a girlfriend that hates it and nags you to quit constantly until you just give it up because it's not worth catching an earful when you get caught

    glad I could help
    M.S. Exercise Physiology
    ACSM: Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Movin_weight
    start chewing tobacco.... then when you want to quit that just get a girlfriend that hates it and nags you to quit constantly until you just give it up because it's not worth catching an earful when you get caught

    glad I could help
    Did you even read the thread before you commented bro?
    •   
       


  3. starting to feel a little bit more relaxed again. Had some hard time catching sleep last couple of days, but got some good sleep last night.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  4. Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    starting to feel a little bit more relaxed again. Had some hard time catching sleep last couple of days, but got some good sleep last night.
    sleep as much as you can.. when the baby comes you'll be sleep deprived! unless you're like my hubby and can sleep through it all :\ haha.
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mls51112

    sleep as much as you can.. when the baby comes you'll be sleep deprived! unless you're like my hubby and can sleep through it all :\ haha.
    hahaha....well, I pretty sure I'll wake up every night. I 'm never a very steady sleeper.

    First have to get through the first 12weeks ...last time didn't go so well....had a miss carriage and she had to go to the hospital to get it removed. Was 1 of the worst things in my life.

    Really hope everything goes well this time...
    Want to be a daddy...
    OLYMPUS UK REP
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    you're right....trying to be patient with her, but the stress is killing me. We 've talked it out, all is good now, don't want to stress her too hard.

    Really want to thank you all for the support.
    Hey bud! Quitting smoking is easy. I started smoking when I was in junior high and smoked and chewed till a few years ago when I had my son. Drink tons of water, id switch to tea over coffee, preferably green. The relaxants in it will help calm you through a craving.

    You quit right? Cold turkey I hear... Way to go in my opinion. Remember quitting smoking is easy. Ignore those statistics about it being harder to kick than cocaine and heroin.

    I go up to those people tell em' its easy and punch e'er right in the snout those slippery sons of... Quitting is easy. Ya said ya quit, then ya quit and it was easy.

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  7. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    hahaha....well, I pretty sure I'll wake up every night. I 'm never a very steady sleeper.

    First have to get through the first 12weeks ...last time didn't go so well....had a miss carriage and she had to go to the hospital to get it removed. Was 1 of the worst things in my life.

    Really hope everything goes well this time...
    Want to be a daddy...
    Everything will work out perfectly brother : ) congratulations my man!!!!!

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  8. Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    starting to feel a little bit more relaxed again. Had some hard time catching sleep last couple of days, but got some good sleep last night.
    Eventually you may get some vivid dreams as a side from no nicotine... I think it has something to do with not having the stim effect of nicotine in you, therefore you sleep a little deeper causing the dreams... By vivid I mean sometimes you wake up & really have to make sure it was just a dream... I personally found it fun because it was a trip... Unfortunately none of the dreams were about sex though... Haha!

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

    Hey bud! Quitting smoking is easy. I started smoking when I was in junior high and smoked and chewed till a few years ago when I had my son. Drink tons of water, id switch to tea over coffee, preferably green. The relaxants in it will help calm you through a craving.

    You quit right? Cold turkey I hear... Way to go in my opinion. Remember quitting smoking is easy. Ignore those statistics about it being harder to kick than cocaine and heroin.

    I go up to those people tell em' its easy and punch e'er right in the snout those slippery sons of... Quitting is easy. Ya said ya quit, then ya quit and it was easy.

    - Valdez
    you just made my day!!!!! thanks bro!!!! I'm going out shopping with my girl and punch some people in the face...hahaha....I'm talking jean claude van damme style on these f(u)ckers....
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  10. sorry to hear about the miscarriage :[ stay positive! prayers for you, your girl, and baby!
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -

  11. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    you just made my day!!!!! thanks bro!!!! I'm going out shopping with my girl and punch some people in the face...hahaha....I'm talking jean claude van damme style on these f(u)ckers....
    I got you bro ; )

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  12. How's it goin man? Sorted **** with your lady I hope...

  13. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz
    How's it goin man? Sorted **** with your lady I hope...
    going pretty well....she smoked 1 today and finished her pack of sigs...hopefully she can resist the urge to buy a new one..

    I'm feeling pretty good....very energised...bit agressive(positive)...how are you bro...

    again thanks for your support!!!
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  14. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    going pretty well....she smoked 1 today and finished her pack of sigs...hopefully she can resist the urge to buy a new one..

    I'm feeling pretty good....very energised...bit agressive(positive)...how are you bro...

    again thanks for your support!!!
    She'll get there probably easier than she believes she can... You know how they say the mind gives up before the body... Well she'll realise that soon enough knowing she's got something much more important to consider now...

    Aggression is good if aimed at the right places... Anger in general quite often makes me perform tasks to perfection... Everything can be used to your advantage...

    I'm good myself, I have to wait another 2 weeks for results from the doctor either confirming I have Celiac Disease or something else... My strength size & pretty much everything that is needed frlor me to improve myself isn't in good condition, but there are successful treatments for whatever problem I may have, so I'm still in high spirits...

    Btw, no need to thank for the support bro... Unless you relapse man(Which you better not)... WHEN you succeed though, I want you to be able to boast to any muthafu˘ka who may have ever doubted that you could do it Haha!...

    Just remember thes things & it should help with this quit smoking journey,
    1- we don't know eachother
    2- all I do know is you lift, & teach physical education
    3- your from Holland
    4-screen name is edje007

    But I've still got your back on this journey your on even though your a stranger basically... So what I'm saying is that even though I have no need to give a sh*t, I do... Why? Your quality of life will improve & I always say if I can do something I will do it no questions asked... In this case I can be a distant & hopefully positive support for you to make it easier to quit that sh*t... The way I've seen it since you mentioned the baby, is that basically I'm helping secure a great childhood by making sure that kid has a healthy father & mother... We don't mean a damn thing compared to children...

  15. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    She'll get there probably easier than she believes she can... You know how they say the mind gives up before the body... Well she'll realise that soon enough knowing she's got something much more important to consider now...

    Aggression is good if aimed at the right places... Anger in general quite often makes me perform tasks to perfection... Everything can be used to your advantage...

    I'm good myself, I have to wait another 2 weeks for results from the doctor either confirming I have Celiac Disease or something else... My strength size & pretty much everything that is needed frlor me to improve myself isn't in good condition, but there are successful treatments for whatever problem I may have, so I'm still in high spirits...

    Btw, no need to thank for the support bro... Unless you relapse man(Which you better not)... WHEN you succeed though, I want you to be able to boast to any muthafu˘ka who may have ever doubted that you could do it Haha!...

    Just remember thes things & it should help with this quit smoking journey,
    1- we don't know eachother
    2- all I do know is you lift, & teach physical education
    3- your from Holland
    4-screen name is edje007

    But I've still got your back on this journey your on even though your a stranger basically... So what I'm saying is that even though I have no need to give a sh*t, I do... Why? Your quality of life will improve & I always say if I can do something I will do it no questions asked... In this case I can be a distant & hopefully positive support for you to make it easier to quit that sh*t... The way I've seen it since you mentioned the baby, is that basically I'm helping secure a great childhood by making sure that kid has a healthy father & mother... We don't mean a damn thing compared to children...
    positive as always....like you said, we don't know eachother, but the positive words do help.

    It may sound stupid to some, but being on this forum and being able to talk about anything really gets me nice and relaxed.
    Especially now with this ****ty sig situation.

    Hope you get your test results back soon and you can start with a treatment, and feel much better.

    Good day bro...
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  16. feeling great....still hard sometimes, esspecially at parties and football.

    **** it...I got this ****...

    Anyway, really execited to start a new cycle sponsored by finaflex. 1Alpha....

    starting monday...I'll post a link here on monday.


    Everybody have a nice weekend.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  17. Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    feeling great....still hard sometimes, esspecially at parties and football.

    **** it...I got this ****...

    Anyway, really execited to start a new cycle sponsored by finaflex. 1Alpha....

    starting monday...I'll post a link here on monday.

    Everybody have a nice weekend.
    Almost 2 week mark bro, doing great... Now just focus on your new cycle & you'll be good man... I'll be following...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    feeling great....still hard sometimes, esspecially at parties and football.

    **** it...I got this ****...

    Anyway, really execited to start a new cycle sponsored by finaflex. 1Alpha....

    starting monday...I'll post a link here on monday.


    Everybody have a nice weekend.
    good job, man. Like I said before, the first 2 weeks are the worst. Just hang in there!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  19. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny

    good job, man. Like I said before, the first 2 weeks are the worst. Just hang in there!
    I will bro.....feel good about myself....allthough I sometimes really miss my "friend"....the devil in disguise

    just going day by day, and really feeling energised
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  20. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    I will bro.....feel good about myself....allthough I sometimes really miss my "friend"....the devil in disguise

    just going day by day, and really feeling energised
    Yeah, that was a tough part for me too. Coffee and a smoke, beer and a smoke, smoke in the morning, smoke on lunch, etc.... it's hard to envision life without it for some reason. It's really quite insidious isn't it?

    What kept me going was my squats started to progress again. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't get enough air to push more weight and I'd crap out after a couple of reps. I was strong enough to do it, but my lung capacity was terrible. A few weeks after quitting I started making progress again and I just focused on that to get me through.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  21. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny

    Yeah, that was a tough part for me too. Coffee and a smoke, beer and a smoke, smoke in the morning, smoke on lunch, etc.... it's hard to envision life without it for some reason. It's really quite insidious isn't it?

    What kept me going was my squats started to progress again. I had gotten to the point where I couldn't get enough air to push more weight and I'd crap out after a couple of reps. I was strong enough to do it, but my lung capacity was terrible. A few weeks after quitting I started making progress again and I just focused on that to get me through.
    Absolutely! The best advice I have for when I quit smoking and chewing is NO caffeine or booze for a month.

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  22. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    feeling great....still hard sometimes, esspecially at parties and football.

    **** it...I got this ****...

    Anyway, really execited to start a new cycle sponsored by finaflex. 1Alpha....

    starting monday...I'll post a link here on monday.


    Everybody have a nice weekend.
    Congrats on your progress so far, I recently stopped smoking as well.. everyday I think about the time I've gone without it and if you ever feel you need to have one just think you'll need to go all the way back to square one. It's not worth it!

    cheers,

  23. thanks for the support everybody...
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez

    Absolutely! The best advice I have for when I quit smoking and chewing is NO caffeine or booze for a month.

    - Valdez
    I second that : quit about 2 years ago... fasted for the first couple days - gotta say it really knocked the edge off, or I just had plenty of other distractions
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  25. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531

    I second that : quit about 2 years ago... fasted for the first couple days - gotta say it really knocked the edge off, or I just had plenty of other distractions
    Distractions are awesome at times like this... Sex is the best one...

  26. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    Distractions are awesome at times like this... Sex is the best one...
    After a good [email protected], There's nothing better than another good [email protected]
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html

  27. Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531

    After a good [email protected], There's nothing better than another good [email protected]
    1000% agreed!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    Distractions are awesome at times like this... Sex is the best one...
    ain't getting any right now.....after the miscarriage last time things are a bit scary now.

    just have to wait till atleast the first 12weeks are over...it's worth it...I'll just go on cycle, haha, and kill my libido
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  29. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    ain't getting any right now.....after the miscarriage last time things are a bit scary now.

    just have to wait till atleast the first 12weeks are over...it's worth it...I'll just go on cycle, haha, and kill my libido
    Oh the joys of marriage... I'm putting off marrying my girl as long as possible! No sex sounds like my hell lol!!!

    - Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

  30. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    ain't getting any right now.....after the miscarriage last time things are a bit scary now.

    just have to wait till atleast the first 12weeks are over...it's worth it...I'll just go on cycle, haha, and kill my libido
    All good dude there's a good reason for it so... Just jack off for the moment, but don't log it ok... Haha!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. tryin to stop smoking need help
    By ohiostate2827 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 11:51 PM
  2. HOW TO STOP KETOSIS?
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 09:46 PM
  3. How to Quit Smoking Without Gaining (Much) Weight
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 02:07 PM
  4. How to stop gangs like MS13?
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 01:31 AM
  5. How to stop recurring forearm pain?
    By BigVrunga in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Log in
Log in