How to stop smoking?

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    hey amigos....the time has come....today is the day I quit smoking.....

    My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

    Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

    Just have to do it....
    Congrats on the pregnancy man...

    When your hanging for a smoke, chew gum or go have unprotected sex without worrying about getting her pregnant... Much more satisfying than a cigarette... Haha!

    Congrats once again!!!


  2. Ecigs worked for me like a miracle. Haven't had a smoke in 6 months after being a daily smoker for around 14 years. I recommend volcano ecigs. Google it they really work! Also chew a crap load of gum!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    Congrats on the pregnancy man...

    When your hanging for a smoke, chew gum or go have unprotected sex without worrying about getting her pregnant... Much more satisfying than a cigarette... Haha!

    Congrats once again!!!
    love your advice mate....
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  4. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    love your advice mate....
    Anytime...

  5. Also want to quit. Tried the e cig but it didn't do the trick for me.
    •   
       


  6. My wife quit using an e-cig. I bought her the Joyetech 510 and BOGE 510 cartos. - I've never been a smoker, but I ended up getting bored and now I puff on an e-cig all the time. I ended up buying myself a Joyetech Ego-C Twist and have a MAP 5ml DCT.

    I've been vaping for a while now. Probably a year or so. I decided not to buy any more juice this month. Almost out. Don't really care, but I'm sure I'll miss the morning vapes.

    I still smoke cigars at least once or twice per week, but I just haven't really wanted to spend the money on the stuff lately. - Ecigs aren't too bad as far as cost goes. I spent maybe $20/mth on juice, and then cartos were about $2.50 a pop. They last anywhere from 2wks to 8wks. Some are fickle for some reason.

    Just make sure to buy online. Vape shops will financially ravage your butt hole.

    Since you're actually a regular smoker, I wouldn't recommend anything less than an Ego. You just wouldn't be satisfied with the standard 510's.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    hey amigos....the time has come....today is the day I quit smoking.....

    My girlfriend got a pregnancy test yesterday, guess what...we're having a baby!!!!

    Very happy right now, but the fact I 'm quitting smoking will probably kill my exitement.....

    Just have to do it....
    congrats! Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mls51112

    congrats! Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
    Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

    Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mls51112 View Post
    congrats! Airborne and I quit when I got pregnant last year too.. I quit that day, but it took him a few weeks to taper off.. good luck!
    congrats to you guys! It took me almost 2 years after my son was born to finally suck it up and actually quit.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  10. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Thanks, today is the first day...what a day it was.....really feels like I'm missing my best friend.

    Oh well, allmost bed time....thank god
    good luck, man. I know that feeling really well, it'll go away.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  11. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny

    good luck, man. I know that feeling really well, it'll go away.
    hope so....pffff....today is a real pain....start work around noon, home alone, bored...you know, ...wished I never started smoking, hahaha...poison
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  12. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    hope so....pffff....today is a real pain....start work around noon, home alone, bored...you know, ...wished I never started smoking, hahaha...poison
    Hang in there bro!

  13. I should really be ashamed....I'm a physical education teacher at a highschool...nice example....if I succeed at quitting I could be a rolemodel again.

    1positive side note, I'm hungry all the time, and even after 1day without smoking everything tastes better.

    Hope the 1alpha from finaflex gets here, and I can get started with the sponsored log. Should take my mind of the cig.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  14. Quote Originally Posted by edje007
    I should really be ashamed....I'm a physical education teacher at a highschool...nice example....if I succeed at quitting I could be a rolemodel again.

    1positive side note, I'm hungry all the time, and even after 1day without smoking everything tastes better.

    Hope the 1alpha from finaflex gets here, and I can get started with the sponsored log. Should take my mind of the cig.
    Use that first paragraph as more motivation... Role model... Also will be a role model for your little one on the way...

  15. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    Use that first paragraph as more motivation... Role model... Also will be a role model for your little one on the way...
    abso****inglutely....have to do this!!!!
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  16. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    abso****inglutely....have to do this!!!!
    one day at a time. the first 2 weeks are the hardest
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  17. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    abso****inglutely....have to do this!!!!
    Day 2... How's it going bro? Hanging in there?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    Day 2... How's it going bro? Hanging in there?
    hey man, hanging in there....just had a big fight with my girlfriend. She has been smoking the last 2days. She smoked 2....really sucks because she's pregnant, and promised to quit. We had a miscarriage last year, so I really want her to quit.

    Sucks quitting while your girl still smokes
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  19. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    hey man, hanging in there....just had a big fight with my girlfriend. She has been smoking the last 2days. She smoked 2....really sucks because she's pregnant, and promised to quit. We had a miscarriage last year, so I really want her to quit.

    Sucks quitting while your girl still smokes
    you should show her some pics of what smoking does to a baby
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  20. hey man, looks like some pretty good feedback here. 2 days is 2 days tobacco free - keep up the good work!
    im a week shy of 3 months my self. i smoked for 13 years. like it was mentioned before first 2-3 weeks are hell. once you get thru that man, you're set. ohh and for the record, my girlfriend still smokes. she lasted a week. im still on her ass but you have to WANT it. she'll get there soon enough.

    i kinda skimmed this thread, are you using any quitting aids? gum/patch/pills?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor
    hey man, looks like some pretty good feedback here. 2 days is 2 days tobacco free - keep up the good work!
    im a week shy of 3 months my self. i smoked for 13 years. like it was mentioned before first 2-3 weeks are hell. once you get thru that man, you're set. ohh and for the record, my girlfriend still smokes. she lasted a week. im still on her ass but you have to WANT it. she'll get there soon enough.

    i kinda skimmed this thread, are you using any quitting aids? gum/patch/pills?
    thanks for the support...congrats on quitting for over 3 months....hope I'll get there..I'm doing it cold turkey. Just regular chewing gum, tooth picks..lots of coffee...lots of frustration,lol
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  22. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    thanks for the support...congrats on quitting for over 3 months....hope I'll get there..I'm doing it cold turkey. Just regular chewing gum, tooth picks..lots of coffee...lots of frustration,lol
    oh, and I use AM and this thread to get through the day....thanks brothers!!!
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  23. right on brother.. you got this. seriously you'll feel like a million bucks. i dont even think about smoking anymore. and if it crosses my mind it doesnt even sound good!! impossible right? i thought id never see the day. you'll be there soon

  24. Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny

    you should show her some pics of what smoking does to a baby
    I don't agree with this bro... Not trying to undermine you in any way, but negative things quite often produce more negativity... This is not a friends health at stake... It's a friends unborn child at stake... So have to be sensitive in this type of situation I think... Once again, not trying to undermine you, but I think you know what I'm saying...

  25. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    oh, and I use AM and this thread to get through the day....thanks brothers!!!
    Too welcome...

  26. Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    right on brother.. you got this. seriously you'll feel like a million bucks. i dont even think about smoking anymore. and if it crosses my mind it doesnt even sound good!! impossible right? i thought id never see the day. you'll be there soon
    me too. the smell of cigarettes is totally repulsive to me now. I'm smoke free about 6 months now
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  27. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    hey man, hanging in there....just had a big fight with my girlfriend. She has been smoking the last 2days. She smoked 2....really sucks because she's pregnant, and promised to quit. We had a miscarriage last year, so I really want her to quit.

    Sucks quitting while your girl still smokes
    She'll come around eventually... Better late then never... Just be patient & understanding with her... I'm saying this as an ex smoker, & the fact that you also just quit... People do the right thing in their own time sometimes & we got to live with that... Remember, it hasn't been a long time, so go with the flow... But don't let it get out of hand either... U got this bro!

  28. Quote Originally Posted by edje007

    hey man, hanging in there....just had a big fight with my girlfriend. She has been smoking the last 2days. She smoked 2....really sucks because she's pregnant, and promised to quit. We had a miscarriage last year, so I really want her to quit.

    Sucks quitting while your girl still smokes
    being pregnant is stressful.. haha. help her to relax.. you need to support each other 100% to succeed in quitting.. she's emotional as hell due to hormones.. trust me, been there. it's hard to quit cold turkey.. and actually, quitting cold turkey can do more harm than good to a baby who is used to the nicotine.. so, slowly help her wean off :]
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -

  29. Quote Originally Posted by mls51112

    being pregnant is stressful.. haha. help her to relax.. you need to support each other 100% to succeed in quitting.. she's emotional as hell due to hormones.. trust me, been there. it's hard to quit cold turkey.. and actually, quitting cold turkey can do more harm than good to a baby who is used to the nicotine.. so, slowly help her wean off :]
    you're right....trying to be patient with her, but the stress is killing me. We 've talked it out, all is good now, don't want to stress her too hard.

    Really want to thank you all for the support.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

  30. Quote Originally Posted by BLaQz

    She'll come around eventually... Better late then never... Just be patient & understanding with her... I'm saying this as an ex smoker, & the fact that you also just quit... People do the right thing in their own time sometimes & we got to live with that... Remember, it hasn't been a long time, so go with the flow... But don't let it get out of hand either... U got this bro!
    you always know how to get me positive...thanks bro
    OLYMPUS UK REP
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. tryin to stop smoking need help
    By ohiostate2827 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 11:51 PM
  2. HOW TO STOP KETOSIS?
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 09:46 PM
  3. How to Quit Smoking Without Gaining (Much) Weight
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 02:07 PM
  4. How to stop gangs like MS13?
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 01:31 AM
  5. How to stop recurring forearm pain?
    By BigVrunga in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Log in
Log in