Do you find "natural" people to be self-righteous?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
What a joke bb.com is.

If you reach a PR on gear, someone comes back as says how they've surpassed you naturally.

Why should I care?

I respect people's decisions to stay natural; why am I in turn marginalized for using?

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
What a joke bb.com is.

If you reach a PR on gear, someone comes back as says how they've surpassed you naturally.

Why should I care?

I respect people's decisions to stay natural; why am I in turn marginalized for using?
Be careful you're in danger of making the same broad generalization that somebody made about you.
By the way congratulations on the PR.
The only person you should compete with is you.
Peace

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
"natural" people are 99% liars. theres a very small group that hasnt taken anything and they are very few. And if they really are natural then they dont care that much about being huge so disregard them anyways haha.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
BB. Com sucks. I have remained natural as a personal decision, but could care less if someone else is using steroids. I do not think poorly of them as long as they are being responsible. I also don't have to be the largest person in the room.

My past history of depression and very aggressive behavior led me to abstaining. I have absolutely though about it. I know how people like to credit steroids for all of the work like you can eat pizza and not work out and look like Arnold.

I compete against myself. My goal is to e a little better every day.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
"natural" people are 99% liars. theres a very small group that hasnt taken anything and they are very few. And if they really are natural then they dont care that much about being huge so disregard them anyways haha.
That is another broad generalization, that is untrue.
I am a lifetime natural, I've never taken a pro hormone or even a test booster.
I have nothing but respect for anyone who trains be it natural or AAS, both require discipline and mental and physical toughness.
I chose to remain natural because I don't require it for my goals.
And from what I have learned in my years of training, is using AAS require an expertise and discipline, even above what is required to train naturally.
Ultimately we all have one thing in common, and we come here to learn from each other.
Peace

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I have never cycled anything, I wanna be huge and strong. My reason for staying natural is for endocrine health at my age, I am 21...So yeah, am I to be disregarded just because I don't cycle? Am I to be taken lightly when I set a PR just because I am taking my time with slow natural progression?...Just wondering.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What a joke bb.com is.

Why should I care?

Oh and like aforementioned bro, f*ck everyone, a PR is a PR and congrats bro you earned it. Even on Gear this lifestyle isn't easy, and like aforementioned, competing against yourself and caring about only your thought and feel of the sport is what counts. Be proud of your PR and gains and don't give a DAMN about people judging or saying something to try to demean your accomplishment, its yours and you earned it the only way possible, with hard work and determination.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Oh and like aforementioned bro, f*ck everyone, a PR is a PR and congrats bro you earned it. Even on Gear this lifestyle isn't easy, and like aforementioned, competing against yourself and caring about only your thought and feel of the sport is what counts. Be proud of your PR and gains and don't give a DAMN about people judging or saying something to try to demean your accomplishment, its yours and you earned it the only way possible, with hard work and determination.
Thanks bro.

It's a shame not eveyone is this game shares your mentality.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks bro.

It's a shame not eveyone is this game shares your mentality.
Well, there's many more like me here in AM :p , that's why I chill here haha. It might take me years to reach a solid natty foundation but I know in the end I'll cycle, and it wont make things easier at all haha. I think cycling makes it harder, gotta keep the perfect diet and train 120% harder so you can make the most of it, hence you should always remember that whoever judges you for using AAS has little to no knowledge of nutrition and proper workout/rest patterns for the muscle groups.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
What a joke bb.com is.

Why should I care?

Some of the people talking to you on bb have probably taken something of sorts, jacked, white flood, test boosters, sniffed, ammonia caps? If they have used any of that plus any of the hundreds of other products out there then they cannot specifically call themselves natural.

Just because someone doesn't take a steroid does not make them natural. Besides, you train for you, not others.

lilarny

lilarny

Awards
How natural are we talking? Because in one aspect no one that does what we do is natural. Anybody who who has put any extra creatine in their diet, anyone who uses Whey protein in powder form, bcaas, glutamine, preworkout, etc can be considered unnatural. To stay truly natural one.would have to grow their own crops and.butcher their own livestock. Because even store bought meats and veggies aren't all organic. I know this is a very broad area, and I'm not.trying to be condescending. If anabolics were considered accepted as the above mentioned OTC supps, would that make a difference?

Again, not trying to be a smart ass, just showing how big this conversation can get.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
don't let them get to you some people like to put others down to make themselves feel better.congrats on your pr!!!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people have wanted to beat up on me for staying natural. A PR is a PR. I don't bench 500lbs. I probably never will. Personal decisions need to be left at that... Personal.

And being natural does not stop many from trying to undermine accomplishments. Steroid accusations, creatine use (really?). Just because yet can't they feel I cheated. Body building and all subcategories that put us in the gym and kitchen more hours of our life is about progression, encouraging your brothers in iron, and helping.

AM learn, teach, lead.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Natty v AAS is a lot like the raw v geared debate: they each have their merits and there is not right or wrong answer. In the end, it's a personal decision and that's it.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some of the time yes, and most of it is coming from bb.com for sure. ****ing annoying.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Natty v AAS is a lot like the raw v geared debate: they each have their merits and there is not right or wrong answer. In the end, it's a personal decision and that's it.
Amen!
Peace

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
At bb.com you get BANNED for discussing LEGAL hormonal products lol.

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
At my gym ( work gym) we cheer for any pr, its about bettering your self. A young man got a standing O for a pr on bench last week...........it was 135lbs. Nuff said

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
At my gym ( work gym) we cheer for any pr, its about bettering your self. A young man got a standing O for a pr on bench last week...........it was 135lbs. Nuff said
That actually sounds like a cool gym to train at. Many hardcores will disagree, but I believe in motivation of even small gains...in the long run, with consistency, those gains add up to something amazing :)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That actually sounds like a cool gym to train at. Many hardcores will disagree, but I believe in motivation of even small gains...in the long run, with consistency, those gains add up to something amazing :)

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
That's exactly the point. When I started lifting I could not get 95lbs bench

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
Bring surrounded by supportive people makes it so much easier and more fun. That's why I chill here at AM, good peeps. Having a good gym at work with good people makes me want too workout. The trainer will write up a program for you and they have 4, or 5 classes a week. Mostly ab and core, but also nutrition and body weight training.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
That's exactly the point. When I started lifting I could not get 95lbs bench
Dude when I started the 25 lb dumbbells were hard at 8 reps :p!! Little by little, slowly but surely, the persistence we all have and the dedication we show for this sport pays off!!

Like I say, the only one you should compete with is yourself :). (Well many more say that haha, I just preach it a lot at my Gym)

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Dude when I started the 25 lb dumbbells were hard at 8 reps :p!! Little by little, slowly but surely, the persistence we all have and the dedication we show for this sport pays off!!

Like I say, the only one you should compete with is yourself :). (Well many more say that haha, I just preach it a lot at my Gym)
I remember the first time I maxed out for a PR of 135... hit 315 x 3 the other day. Weigh almost the same as well haha just look and feel a lot better.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I remember the first time I maxed out for a PR of 135... hit 315 x 3 the other day. Weigh almost the same as well haha just look and feel a lot better.
Congrats on the 315x3 bro!! I am struggling to get past the 185x1 atm, but by december I expect to have progressed my way into 205 hopefully :). Might be slow, but at least its something :D!

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Congrats on the 315x3 bro!! I am struggling to get past the 185x1 atm, but by december I expect to have progressed my way into 205 hopefully :). Might be slow, but at least its something :D!
The summer before my freshman year of high school I went into the schools gym to lift with my older brother to get ready for football. I had never bench pressed before and him and his friend had 185 on the bar. They pressured me a bunch to give it a try and what not so I did, and went straight to my chest lol. But from that point I was determined to get 185, starting at 135. Fast forward to the present now I just put up 305x5 6 months after having shoulder surgery. Small steps

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
The summer before my freshman year of high school I went into the schools gym to lift with my older brother to get ready for football. I had never bench pressed before and him and his friend had 185 on the bar. They pressured me a bunch to give it a try and what not so I did, and went straight to my chest lol. But from that point I was determined to get 185, starting at 135. Fast forward to the present now I just put up 305x5 6 months after having shoulder surgery. Small steps
Truly inspirational Mitch :) congrats!

zeroshens

Awards
I use aas because I want to be able to train MORE and not less. I think a lot of people believe that by taking aas you are gonna be able to get huge from half assed training. Naturals typically don't understand that you take aas to stay in an anabolic state, not to do the real work of building the muscle.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I use aas because I want to be able to train MORE and not less. I think a lot of people believe that by taking aas you are gonna be able to get huge from half assed training. Naturals typically don't understand that you take aas to stay in an anabolic state, not to do the real work of building the muscle.
Well said.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
...That's why the "P" in "PR" means "Personal".....

My first days of lifting, I worked out in a gym where the average guy warmed up with more weight than my bodyweight... Besides, I'd rather do it right and do it for me than try & most likely succeed hurting myself keeping up with the Jones'

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Bring surrounded by supportive people makes it so much easier and more fun. That's why I chill here at AM, good peeps.
That's what I'm talking about - just reading up on other peoples journeys & progress helps keep me motivated

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
when i said 99% of bodbuilders that claim to be natural are liars i meant like real bodyubuilders or like when simplyshredded does those interviews with guys who are enormous and clearly bigger than genetic potential claiming to be natural. There are tons of people who workout that dont take anything of course. But You cant deny how many people lie about taking steroids whether it is professional athletes or just huge guys at the gym Everyone has a genetic potential and the human body can only go so far naturally. But as far as natural people being self righteous, i know alot that are and alot that are not, but i could care less. But i will say that people who like to say your cheating for taking steroids or people who lie about taking steroids are equally very annoying and are mor worried about others than their own gains and achievments. Why would a guy (other than professional athlete hah) lie about taking steroids if someone asked him? and Why would a guy care if someone else is taking steroids?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Why would a guy (other than professional athlete hah) lie about taking steroids if someone asked him?
eh, I'm not sure there's any benefit to admiting to using illicit drugs.

On top of that, people are so ignorant about steroids you're often just setting yourself up for a whole bunch of nonsense.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
eh, I'm not sure there's any benefit to admiting to using illicit drugs.

On top of that, people are so ignorant about steroids you're often just setting yourself up for a whole bunch of nonsense.
Totally agree. I admitted to a close friend of mine I used phera 2 years ago and still calls me a cheater and starts preaching to me about health factors. Idgaf.

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
idk, if someone asks me are you taking something or have you taken something ill just tell them, whats it to me if they think im a cheater. and typically people who are serious about working out are not that judgemental on steroid/ph use, alot of the times they just want to get advice or understand them a little better. But i guess i can understand if you dont want people to think lifting is that important to you to do something illegal or put your body though that stress. Im not a huge roid guy or anything btw, iv just done some ph's, but i dont try and hide it. i just hit a huge pr on bench last night and im taking epistane...stuff is awesome! haha

zeroshens

Awards
i believe that drugs have been so demonized in the world, that it is hard for any recreational drug user (of any type) to openly admit that they use. the GOVERNMENTS/politicians of the world make drugs illegal, particularly the harmless ones like weed and test.

most of the naturals i have met are so convinced (from what they saw on TV, in a movie, or heard from a dumb friend, or any other crap source) that anabolics do XYZ to your body, and they believe the hype. they let someone decide for them what is safe and effective, without doing their own research.

i've heard many times before that bodybuilding is really just a thinking mans game. it is upsetting to see how such a large population of the culture has been infiltrated by outsiders changing our values.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find it funny that when a man throws on "fake" muscles he often times gets lauded with negativity by some of his peers and the general public, but when a woman throws on fake boobs (which are actually fake) they are often times applauded by a majority of the general public and most of her peers.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
I find it funny that when a man throws on "fake" muscles he often times gets lauded with negativity by some of his peers and the general public, but when a woman throws on fake boobs (which are actually fake) they are often times applauded by a majority of the general public and most of her peers.
^^^ THIS ^^^

muscle takes more than a trip to the hospital.....

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
That's the joy of what we do. It's you against yourself. You should never maliciously compete with other people

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Yup, and the muscle isn't even "fake"; it's real living tissue.

People enrage me.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a huge guy by any means, but I can start to see myself as someone who's built better than 95% of random people off the street, and others see me that way too.

When I got into this game, I was 130lbs soaking wet. I will never forget the contsant ridicule I had to deal with.

Now I've perhaps gone full circle. If I get much bigger (which I want to), I'm going to be labled a juicehead, or a meathead, or someone who's insecure, or whatever.

I'm just tired of people and tired of the world. You're ridiculed no matter what you do in life, even if it doesn't effect anyone else.

People are a disgrace.

birdmandrums

Awards
It's what a lot of them hold onto. However, it's a large generalization to say that they are all like that. It could just be the people that you are dealing with...