bmw or caddy???

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looking for another car have decided on a bmw or caddy maybe an audi or benz if the right one comes along.

help me pick!!!!!!

reps will be given :)

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
looking for another car have decided on a bmw or caddy maybe an audi or benz if the right one comes along.

help me pick!!!!!!

Test drive them!
I drive an Audi RS5.
Best car I've ever owned!
Good luck.
Peace

SuperFreak95

SuperFreak95

Banned
Awards
On my second BMW... The Ultimate Driving Machine all I gotta say... Get one with inline 6 cylinder

K

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
My BMW z4 was crazy. Now have an Acura tl also legit

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Newer audis are sick bro!!! Id pik that one for sure maybe a little lip kit and some nice offset rims n your set for sure.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
On my second BMW... The Ultimate Driving Machine all I gotta say... Get one with inline 6 cylinder
BMWs are great if you dont work on your own car and want to take it to the dealer for everything.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
BMW coupe. Back in the day I'd say and STS or Deville...

That is unless a CTS-V comes along.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i think the caddy's look better but i refuse to buy another american brand car....bmw's are kind of bland to me, on the outside and inside, but they hold up....i'd go with an acura over both though...maybe not as high class but they are quality, they look comparable to the caddy and better than a bmw...probably will hold up just as good too

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
i think the caddy's look better but i refuse to buy another american brand car....bmw's are kind of bland to me, on the outside and inside, but they hold up....i'd go with an acura over both though...maybe not as high class but they are quality, they look comparable to the caddy and better than a bmw...probably will hold up just as good too
Not a bad choice, Acuras are decent.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BMW. Without a doubt.

I will admit, I am a huge BMW guy, so I am really bias. I will be looking to purchase an e46 m3 within the next year (unfortunately buying a condo first, which will slow the buy).

BMW provide a level of car that Cadillac can not comprehend, maybe outside of the Escalade, which I feel is actually quite dominant in it's class. The Cadillacs that I like are the V series, but even those you can do better with the german counter parts (AMG or M), and the XLR. The XLR is expensive as hell though, especially if you go V, so you could easily get a much better german counterpart.

Get the BMW. Which one are you considering.

Also in regards to the BMWs being hard to work on, I disagree. I would agree heavily if that comment was aimmed at Audi, which I hear they make their cars a bitch and a half to work on.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you can afford a CTSV....the others don't even compare

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
BMW. Without a doubt.

I will admit, I am a huge BMW guy, so I am really bias. I will be looking to purchase an e46 m3 within the next year (unfortunately buying a condo first, which will slow the buy).

BMW provide a level of car that Cadillac can not comprehend, maybe outside of the Escalade, which I feel is actually quite dominant in it's class. The Cadillacs that I like are the V series, but even those you can do better with the german counter parts (AMG or M), and the XLR. The XLR is expensive as hell though, especially if you go V, so you could easily get a much better german counterpart.

Also in regards to the BMWs being hard to work on, I disagree. I would agree heavily if that comment was aimmed at Audi, which I hear they make their cars a bitch and a half to work on.
Escalade>X5?

:dunno:

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
depends, i have an audi a4 s-line but would love an m3, i love the caddy XLR specv sc or the cts specv but then again i love the m coupes

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
BMW. Without a doubt.

The last beamer I worked we did a granny drop on and has to remove the entire exhaust system. I have dropped a good deal of trannys and that is the only car that required that amount of labor for it.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

help me pick!!!!!!

So far...a 330i , a 335i , a z4 and a Z4M...and currently a mod 325CI with M3 engine...so...I can't vouch for Caddy. Daddy loves his Escalade though...both good, but for young men BMW or GTFO :p

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So far...a 330i , a 335i , a z4 and a Z4M...and currently a mod 325CI with M3 engine...so...I can't vouch for Caddy. Daddy loves his Escalade though...both good, but for young men BMW or GTFO :p
Please.......If your rollin an eldorado maybe.... A CTS-V beat the dog**** out of a ferrari...handsdown.....get over your import obsession

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Please.......If your rollin an eldorado maybe.... A CTS-V beat the dog**** out of a ferrari...handsdown.....get over your import obsession
Its not my import obsession , actually it has nothing to do with the technology (given I do like German cars...) but its more about the grills hahahaha I fell in love with the grill and front design of BMW.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Its not my import obsession , actually it has nothing to do with the technology (given I do like German cars...) but its more about the grills hahahaha I fell in love with the grill and front design of BMW.
You've never worked on one then.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
You've never worked on one then.
Hm...not really, basic stuff on the 330i really. The Z4s were my mom and dad's hand-me-downs and I never touched them inside, we had the coverage and maintenance plan from BMW...so I took it there for EVERYTHING. The current one I always take it to a guy who used to run the BMW workshop in LA , he is a bloody genius for them...knows everything and he is the one that got me the M3 engine and set it all up completely. No issues whatsoever until now, I merely bought the 325 E46 out of the love for that model, and the engine came as the added benefit <3!

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Hm...not really, basic stuff on the 330i really. The Z4s were my mom and dad's hand-me-downs and I never touched them inside, we had the coverage and maintenance plan from BMW...so I took it there for EVERYTHING. The current one I always take it to a guy who used to run the BMW workshop in LA , he is a bloody genius for them...knows everything and he is the one that got me the M3 engine and set it all up completely. No issues whatsoever until now, I merely bought the 325 E46 out of the love for that model, and the engine came as the added benefit <3!
Its fine when you get them new but getting a used one is a pain because they are a pain to do work on and its expensive to take them to a dealer for everything.

SquatOrTwat

SquatOrTwat

Banned
Awards
Did you guys seriously forget about the champion of these discussions? Ok ladies and gentlemen, Let me introduce the car that beats all mentioned cars above with retail under $50k in all of the Aesthetics. Speed. Performance. And Just Plain Raw Fuking Power. Image the sound of the note this car produces when you switch gears with that blow off valve from the turbo :D now if you guys will drool here it is.... SUBARU WRX STI

Attachments

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Did you guys seriously forget about the champion of these discussions? Ok ladies and gentlemen, Let me introduce the car that beats all mentioned cars above with retail under $50k in all of the Aesthetics. Speed. Performance. And Just Plain Raw Fuking Power. Image the sound of the note this car produces when you switch gears with that blow off valve from the turbo :D now if you guys will drool here it is.... SUBARU WRX STI
OK rice burner. For less than that I could rebuild a 72 skylark that will look better, sound better, and smoke a Subaru. Not to mention they look stupid with giant Hood scoops and retarded spoilers on a frigging sedan.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
OK rice burner. For less than that I could rebuild a 72 skylark that will look better, sound better, and smoke a Subaru. Not to mention they look stupid with giant Hood scoops and retarded spoilers on a frigging sedan.
Wisdom beyond compare.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just built a 1985 Monte Carlo SS with a 383 stroker that will make a STI look like a VW bug....489hp at the rear...with out the spray....and is still street legal and isnt a Station wagon wanna be

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My whole car cost me less than 10k......lets do the math My car: $20perHP .... STI....about $1200perhp

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Escalade>X5?

:dunno:
To be honest, never been in an X5, I am not a big-car guy, so neither would really be for me. My dad has an escalade though, on his third, and I have been a fan of every one of them. I am sure being in an X5 would change my mind though, In standard cars I have never been impressed by a single american luxury car.

The last beamer I worked we did a granny drop on and has to remove the entire exhaust system. I have dropped a good deal of trannys and that is the only car that required that amount of labor for it.
I will give it to you as I have never had to do any tranny work, so your experience would go beyond mine.

GTFO, CTS-V over a ferrrari my ass, get over your american car obsession.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/2013-bmw-m5-vs.-2012-cadillac-cts-v/the_results-3a_2013_bmw_m5_vs_2012_cadillac_cts-v_page_4 Here is a comparison test where Road and Track calls the M-5 a better car than the CTS-v, no, not an M-6, not an AMG, and certainly not a ferrari. I am a fan of the CTS-V, but see it for what it is, a heavier vette. A vette has always been an average sports car, outside of the z06, and the cadillacs have always had the floor wiped with them by the german counterparts (and Italian, since you seem to think it compares to an exotic.)

Since when did an STI ever get credit for aesthetics. It may be a sports car in performance, but it is certainly average in looks. Considering he is looking at caddys or BMWs, I am sure he would be bored with the toy interior found in the STI and EVO.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Here ya go turd.... [video=youtube_share;Mov4R2ua1yA]http://youtu.be/Mov4R2ua1yA[/video] And by the way.... who gives a **** about the M5 sinces its $30,000 more expensive than the CTS-v

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here ya go turd.... And by the way.... who gives a **** about the M5 sinces its $30,000 more expensive than the CTS-v
You have to be ****ting me. When the CTS-V is considered a better car than a 200k ferrari (by the very lame American version of top gear), price is of no concern. When I give a comparison of the much cheaper M-5, you call me out on price. If you would like, the M3 is a more reasonable comparison, and is shown here by Car and Driver to be the better car: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2011-audi-rs5-vs-2010-bmw-m3-2011-cadillac-cts-v-comparison-tests-2010-bmw-m3-page-4. Your argument is already appearing invalid.

THe CTS-V comparison in that video was the result of poor driving, easily, something that has been fairly common on the non-british version of TopGear. The Ferrari California, has hit high 11s by numerous magazines. The CTS-V has hit 12.3-12.4. I assume based on your comments about racing above, you realize the benefit in being .4-.5 faster (assuming 11.9). You also are comparing the CTS-V, a car whos greatest highlight would be its 1320 time, to a ferrari, that is designed as a sports car, that could handle a road track like a sports car should, something that wouldn't be said about the CTS-V.

Like I said, I am a fan of the CTS-V. I think the V line is the best thing caddy has done in years, especially since it is, imo, suffering through redefining the brand. But to make silly comparisons of the car, is ridiculous. If you want an American Luxury car, simply to support american, or if you want a caddy because you are a fan of heritage, or you have some sort of personal connection to the car, go CTS-V. If you want a refined sports car, that would be an absolute pleasure to drive everytime you get into the car, enjoy yourself an M3.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just getting a rise out of you man....European cars are in a class of their own..... Expensive to buy and maintain but offer performance and comfort. The CTS-V "for the price" is fantastic piece of american luxury/muscle....if you will. I would take a ferrari over a Caddy any day obviously. I just think its funny when people put 100,000$ cars up against cars half that price. And BTW to say the corvette is a decent sports car is blasphemy. The ZO6 (not even mentioning the ZR-1) is a bargain at its price and of the showroom destroys anything in its price range. I posted the video because it proved me right for the time being and made me laugh.......CTS-V sportwagon? For what its worth I am a muscle car enthusiast....**** gas milage (My Monte with a 383 stroker gets about 6mpg) I want a loud unrefined tire smoking torque monster that turns heads.....oh yeah....and a Ferrari...lol

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just getting a rise out of you man....European cars are in a class of their own..... Expensive to buy and maintain but offer performance and comfort. The CTS-V "for the price" is fantastic piece of american luxury/muscle....if you will. I would take a ferrari over a Caddy any day obviously. I just think its funny when people put 100,000$ cars up against cars half that price. And BTW to say the corvette is a decent sports car is blasphemy. The ZO6 (not even mentioning the ZR-1) is a bargain at its price and of the showroom destroys anything in its price range. I posted the video because it proved me right for the time being and made me laugh.......CTS-V sportwagon? For what its worth I am a muscle car enthusiast....**** gas milage (My Monte with a 383 stroker gets about 6mpg) I want a loud unrefined tire smoking torque monster that turns heads.....oh yeah....and a Ferrari...lol
Ha, all in good fun, although for a moment, I thought you were really trying to convince me that a cadillac was a better car over ferrari.

I did specifically mention the Z06 as excluded on the decent comment. The z06 is far and large a legend, and the price point makes it untouchable in many categories.

Also, although I would put my preference towards imports at the time (and I am not talking about Civics with a fart can, as you can tell from my conversations), I love a big motor muscle car as well. When I was into racing, with my slow as **** Mustang 4.6GT ('99), some of my favorite cars in the scene you didn't want to stand behind because the exhaust smelled like spilled gasoline, but **** did they pull hard.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I love that smell.......especially the smell of 110 octane gas......

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BMW. Without a doubt.

right now just looking to break the try between bmw and caddy haven't picked a type yet as I've looked at quite a few different models and they appear to all be solid

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
repped everyone I could.a few gotta hit on spread.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BMW....for price and performance if your going the SUV route......couldnt believe how ****ing expensive and escalade is.... The X5 looks mighty nice though

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BMW....for price and performance if your going the SUV route......couldnt believe how ****ing expensive and escalade is.... The X5 looks mighty nice though
I'd love to get an escalade but its went from 52k to 70+ thats as much as some houses def can't justify buying one at that price

lilnardey

lilnardey

Awards
  • Established
I drive a BMW now and plan on driving them as long as I can afford it. Which ever one you choose, I don't think you could go wrong.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ain't nothin like good old American Muscle, if I had it my way I'd drive something from the 70s.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Ain't nothin like good old American Muscle, if I had it my way I'd drive something from the 70s.
I'm looking to pick up a 72 skylark out here to fix up. Just got to be aa little strapped for cash when I was gonna get it. And then the army screwed me out of 1400 or so.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I drive a BMW now and plan on driving them as long as I can afford it. Which ever one you choose, I don't think you could go wrong.
You know I am with yah on it :) , American Muscle is good and all...but European Cars are for those of us who can afford it :p! It's not the typical car you would see a living-in-mamma's-basement-grown-man driving ;)! Its for us with class, finesse and elegance. Wealth separates American Muscle from European elegance ;)!

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
You know I am with yah on it :) , American Muscle is the best...but European Cars are for those of us who cant afford them :p! It's not the typical car you would see a living-in-mamma's-basement-grown-man driving ;)! Its for us with class, finesse and elegance but not enough money to own fully rebuilt beasts with loads of torque. But that small difference in socioeconomic status separates Japanese riceburners from European elegance ;)!
I agree celly.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I agree celly.
I still love a good old camaro or roadrunner though haha, but lets admit something...the most expensive cars in the world are not from brands in this hemisphere X_X!

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
I still love a good old camaro or roadrunner though haha, but lets admit something...the most expensive cars in the world are not from brands in this hemisphere X_X!
I believe that depends on what car you get from this hemisphere, what year, and what kinda work you get done (assuming you go with a classic)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G General Chat 0
kingdong General Chat 13
F Nutrition / Health 6