Appendicitis and umbilical hernia

1. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Appendicitis and umbilical hernia

So Thursday night/Friday morning I started have extremely painful stomach pain. Tried to "ride it out" as the pain started around 12 am. I could barely stand up straight and decided to go to er. When I was signing in I had to run to the bathroom a puke. Not your normal puke either, extremely forceful. Haven't puked in about 15 years. So anyway at first they thought it was gallstones and I got a ultrasound but that didn't show anything. Then I got a ct-scan which apparently showed that my appendix was extremely inflamed, that I had gallstones and also an umbilical hernia. So I had surgery the following day 7/13/12 to repair the hernia and remove the appendix. So now I'm in pretty bad pain but on pain killers. I won't be able to lift for 2-3 weeks. I have to make an appointment with the surgeon in 2 weeks and talk to him them about starting exercise back up again. Think I'm gonna stay on some basic supplements like multi, fish oil and astaxathin. I'm not sure if I should continue to take my ursolic acid though. I would think it would be ok but I'm just not sure. Also when I got home I was expecting a package from app nut and apparently it has been stolen because tracking says it was left a the front door. New tenant in my apartment building though so I'm suspicious of him. So I don't know this kind of sucks. Hopefully I don't lose much mass or gain too much fat...Guess I'm crazy to be worried about that the day I get released from the hospital. Hope this is legible because I'm doped up!.

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

oouch!
  3. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Anyone know if I should continue ursolic acid or should I wait till my recovery is over?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

1.that new guy in your building is a dick

2.that hernia was prob rough stuff and my fiancé said good thing they found it as it can cause lots more health problems

3.i would stick to the basic supps and save the others for when your back to lifting again

4.eat maint or slightly below and keep your carbs low since you won't be active much bro

5. Hang in there man I've had some life changing medical problems this past year and I know **** gets scary
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Thanks for your reply howwedo107!. The hernia wasn't so bad, my surgeon said the pain was mostly caused by a combination of gallstones and appendicitis. I couldn't even stand straight up, walked into the ER with body all hunched over. He left the gallblader in there but said it might have to be removed in the future.
  6. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Could ursolic acid help speed healing after my surgery?
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

bump
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Still questioning if ursolic acid will help me heal faster or not.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Yeah.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.89%

Try posting in epharms section bro with a different title
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  11. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Ok sure
  12. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Well, tomorrow will make 1 week since surgery. My pain is pretty much gone. I go back to see the surgeon on the 31st and hopefully he says its ok to start lifting again.
  13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

My stomach feels like crap today. Especially after I ate a pack of nuts. Boo hoo. I have to say this is getting depressing.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.89%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    My stomach feels like crap today. Especially after I ate a pack of nuts. Boo hoo. I have to say this is getting depressing.
    Keep your head up bro you will get back to the gym in no time just take your time and heal
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

As someone who recently went through post-op, I can say that Ergobolic is probably the best supplement for sparing muscle during inactivity such as yours. The studies on sutherlandia actually suspended rat limbs, and despite not being able to move them, the rats lost mostly fat and very little muscle when administered sutherlandia (vs control which lost almost all muscle).

Cissus and arnica montana pellets may help as well.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.95%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    As someone who recently went through post-op, I can say that Ergobolic is probably the best supplement for sparing muscle during inactivity such as yours. The studies on sutherlandia actually suspended rat limbs, and despite not being able to move them, the rats lost mostly fat and very little muscle when administered sutherlandia (vs control which lost almost all muscle).

Cissus and arnica montana pellets may help as well.
    How long does it take for muscle to start breaking down?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  17. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Just went for a walk and it practically killed me. What the?!?. Seriously its been a week today since my surgery I think I should be recovered better by now. I looked like a zombie walking home and was in pain again that I hadn't felt in a few days. It's like I have no strength whatsoever.
  18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    How long does it take for muscle to start breaking down?
    All depends on diet

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Just went for a walk and it practically killed me. What the?!?. Seriously its been a week today since my surgery I think I should be recovered better by now. I looked like a zombie walking home and was in pain again that I hadn't felt in a few days. It's like I have no strength whatsoever.
    This is totally normal. I take it you were on meds and sedentary the past week?
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    All depends on diet

This is totally normal. I take it you were on meds and sedentary the past week?
    Well I still went out and did stuff, like shopping and laundry. I have been on pain medication Oxycodone/Actaminophen but the last few days I didn't need to take any because the pain was pretty much gone. After I got home from my walk though I had to take one because it seems the exercise brought the pain back. Had the surgery on 7/13(last friday) and by Tuesday of this past week I didn't really need to take anymore pain medication.
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Well I still went out and did stuff, like shopping and laundry. I have been on pain medication Oxycodone/Actaminophen but the last few days I didn't need to take any because the pain was pretty much gone. After I got home from my walk though I had to take one because it seems the exercise brought the pain back. Had the surgery on 7/13(last friday) and by Tuesday of this past week I didn't really need to take anymore pain medication.
    This honestly sounds pretty typical to post-op recovery. Keep taking it easy, and the weak, almost flu-like feeling should be gone in 1-2 weeks.
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Thanks for replying coop. Honestly though going from working out 6 days a week(was just starting up a fat loss routine again) to nothing and feeling this weak is messing with my head.
  22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Today I went for another walk but wasn't as tired. However today I seem to be extremely hungry. I'm pretty sure the body overcompensates for things like this...
  23. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Got the ok from the doc to start working out again!. He says I have to start out real easy though.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Just got mine out yesterday bro, I'll be sidelined for a bit. How long before you were back at it 100%?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.71%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

This honestly sounds pretty typical to post-op recovery. Keep taking it easy, and the weak, almost flu-like feeling should be gone in 1-2 weeks.
    Is this from Anesthesia?
  26. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Just got mine out yesterday bro, I'll be sidelined for a bit. How long before you were back at it 100%?

Around 4-6 weeks. Two weeks post op I was back at it, but had to take it easy.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Around 4-6 weeks. Two weeks post op I was back at it, but had to take it easy.
    Bummer bro. I'll resume LISS cardio when I feel up to it, 3 weeks until I think about grabbing iron. Thanks for the heads up bud
  28. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Bummer bro. I'll resume LISS cardio when I feel up to it, 3 weeks until I think about grabbing iron. Thanks for the heads up bud

Hey they do you give you some awesome pain pills though!
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

Hey they do you give you some awesome pain pills though!
    Very true, waiting on mine to get filled! Struggling at the moment though.
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

Hey T-bone, how long before your swelling went down? Mines starting to dwindle but it's still pretty bloated. Idk if it makes a difference but they made 3 incisions on me.
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

Hey T-bone, how long before your swelling went down? Mines starting to dwindle but it's still pretty bloated. Idk if it makes a difference but they made 3 incisions on me.

I had three incisions also. Mine was Laparoscopic surgery, so barely any swelling. Sorry I don't really remember. I'd think they do all of them like that nowadays.
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.81%

I had three incisions also. Mine was Laparoscopic surgery, so barely any swelling. Sorry I don't really remember. I'd think they do all of them like that nowadays.
    Is that where they use the air to blow you up? Mine was with the air. I had/have a lot of swelling, its gone down but still not back to normal. My belt loop is two sizes up. I go in Tuesday for my follow up and I know I'm only 1.5 weeks post but was just curious. Thanks for the reply

Similar Forum Threads

1. Umbilical Hernia
    By enhanced in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 08:10 AM
  2. HELP!! Need advice on training and my hernia!
    By BigKrabbe in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 02:04 AM
  3. Hernias And Weight Belts
    By pavb10 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM
  4. Symptoms of Umbilical Hernia
    By MF210 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 12:58 AM
  5. exercises to avoid - umbilical hernia?
    By randydogsf in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 11:14 PM