best way to use up glycogen in muscles?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
how do know if your glycogen depleted? whats the best way to go about doing so?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eat low carb for a few days while performing a few high volume workouts. You'll feel flat, drained and tired. There are several good articles on T-nation about that (shredded in 6days was one, IIRC), and Ultimate Diet 2.0 also incorporates glycogen depletion.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
honest question could you use a blood sugar monitor?

murk01

murk01

Awards
I like this question.
What the fastest way to reload glycogen into muscle , enough to cause increase in size?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
once fully depleted, if simple sugars are consume directly post workout and then no carbs for the rest of the day does the process repeat itself?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would you want to be fully glycogen depleted unless you're doing so for a competition/photoshoot?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Why would you want to be fully glycogen depleted unless you're doing so for a competition/photoshoot?
well for me i am doing a "photoshoot" but just personal pics, also its a question for others to inform themselves....:sigh1:

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
how do know if your glycogen depleted? whats the best way to go about doing so?
Eat low Carb as stated before and pick up running or jump rope.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well for me i am doing a "photoshoot" but just personal pics, also its a question for others to inform themselves....:sigh1:
Being glycogen depleted and dehydrated is miserable. Trust me, it's fraking awful. A better idea, IMO, is to just salt and water load with only some depletion so you get the supercompensation.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Being glycogen depleted and dehydrated is miserable. Trust me, it's fraking awful. A better idea, IMO, is to just salt and water load with only some depletion so you get the supercompensation.
hmmmm, more info on this, never heard of it, jumping rope is my cardio