Most Retarded Thing You've Done In The Gym?

SquatOrTwat

SquatOrTwat

Banned
Awards
For me it'll be wearing straps while benching...

demolition

demolition

Awards
I ran into a huge scale while I was looking at some other shît and about fell on my ass, it was so loud I think the whole gym stopped and looked, I felt retarted untill my buddy text me the next day and said he did the same thing. I watched a guy spill a huge protein shake by the dumbbell rack, yell " fu(k" then walk off.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Making an L shape and doing barbell back rows....

GeovanniG

GeovanniG

Awards
Farted while squatting.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
lizonsky

lizonsky

Awards
Pulled off too much weight off 1 side of the ez bar.. so loud.
Also doing incline dumbbell presses with heavy weight, went til failure and both of my arms gave out. I ended up dropping both dummbells on my chest and gave out a big "OOOF":blackeye:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Missing the hooks when racking a front squat.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First time doing incline bench...figured I could start with my ending weight on the flat bench...boy was I wrong haha

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
randomly talking to another guy about "how nice that girls boobs are" and it was his girlfriend.....i can vouch for the farting thing, wearing headphones in my own little world and ripping one

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
randomly talking to another guy about "how nice that girls boobs are" and it was his girlfriend.....i can vouch for the farting thing, wearing headphones in my own little world and ripping one
Before I do that I ask if they know that girl...

snv90

Awards
Dropped a 100 pd dumbbell on my phone. completely shattered it

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
In an attempt to lower the squat safety bars in a power rack, I pulled the empty barbell out of the rack and stood it on its end and leaning against the "hook" that you set the bar in to do a squat. As i pushed the safety bar back into the hole in the rack, it jiggled the whole tbing jus enough that the bar fell off the hook and into the mirror in the wall. I told the manager they shouldn't pusg the rack all tbe way against the mirrors.

A buddy told me about this douchebag that would come in and make a scene yelling and just being a dumb ass. In his attempt to show off is massive arm strength he picked up some heavy ass dumb bell. To prove he could do a strict curl, he proceded to back up to something solid so he couldnt lean back. The problem was he backed up to a window. And when grunted and heaved and slung the weight up, like most badasses, he dropped the weight. Not out of his hands mind you, just released tension on his bicep and dropped it. As any good physics student knows, since he couldnt control the weight, it proceeded to pendulum swing behins him and right through the window. He thought he was cool, but was quickly removed and banned from the premises.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did the traditional "Falling off the treadmill". I just looked at it as a right of passage. ;)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
taking 3 plates off of one side of a bar while it was on a squat rack, the bar flipped and almost crushed a girl who was using hte rack right next to it, her b/f still gives me dirty looks

Invycktus

Invycktus

Awards
  • Established
There is this real cute girl who works out at LT, is a nurse, I was staring at her work the stairmaster the other day for 10 minutes. Managed to fall off the treadmill doing HIIT, large thud, everyone staring.

Thank God she was wearning noise cancelling thingys else she would have seen me. I always make it a point to pick the treadmill behind her ;)

Would plough her into eternity mind you.....