Who is stim free?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Anyone here who does not use stims typically (either very little or not at all) before a lifting/training session?

I typically have always used a pre w.o., with your typical 2-3 week breaks from the stims. I've also dreaded going back on them due to my body adjusting to the stims again and then when I ready to come off (again) I will for sure get those insane headaches which incapacitate me.

Anyhow I thought of a longer stim break and just curious as to the people who don't use stims either at all or often, could offer up there advice or "secrets" so to speak as to what makes them successful in their training.
I'd love to be able to get my lifting and cardio done with out touching caffeine or a stim pre work out for a longer bit of time.

Reds91

Reds91

Awards
I use very little stims. I do have my daily diet pepsi and sometimes use a pre. But I am very stim sensitive so I guess it's easier for me.

I make sure to have a good meal before w/o and listen to some music. It's not hard for me to get motivated so I can't really give you my "secrets" lol.

As for the headaches when you are off stims do you have any caffeine at all during that time? Don't know if you like diet soda but I find drinking 1 a day keeps me from getting those nasty headaches. Best of luck to you.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I don't use any. I quit PWOs well over a year ago and was drinking black coffee up untill a few months ago. Now I use nothing but loud fast music.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I don't use any. I quit PWOs well over a year ago and was drinking black coffee up untill a few months ago. Now I use nothing but loud fast music.
Yeah. Just seems as if I need a boost sometimes.

You don't use any stim free pre w.o.?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i am trying to be as much as possible. never really been a fan of pre work outs, and am running a stim free fat burner, so now my only caffine source is coffee or the rare iced tea.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Just seems as if I need a boost sometimes.

You don't use any stim free pre w.o.?
I haven't tried any stim free stuff yet. I'm not against it I've just been financially fukd for the last few months. Protein and creatine has been hard enough to afford. I plan on trying some stuff in the future. My motivation is severely down lately .

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I haven't tried any stim free stuff yet. I'm not against it I've just been financially fukd for the last few months. Protein and creatine has been hard enough to afford. I plan on trying some stuff in the future. My motivation is severely down lately .
Sucks...
Why the lack of motivation? Do you know?

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use some stims before workouts but honestly I don't know how much the pre-workouts help. It also scares me a little that people seem to "need" them as if it wasn't possible to have a good workout before without 3 scoops of Jack3ed.

Placebo is a strong thing imo.

Rickers

Rickers

Awards
I'm stim free and just get into the mind set of what I want to achieve in the gym and get in and do it, I guess that's my motivation, I wanna get bigger and stronger!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I use some stims before workouts but honestly I don't know how much the pre-workouts help. It also scares me a little that people seem to "need" them as if it wasn't possible to have a good workout before without 3 scoops of Jack3ed.

Placebo is a strong thing imo.
True.

Cause once u take a break, you realize that with a good breakfast and quality nights rest you're ready to go. I see the benefits though. I recently took a break but came off today. Used the Muscle Marinade and surprising enough I thought it would hit me hard but it didn't. Felt like it always does which is a good thing. I just may stick only using it on a as needed basis.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
True.

Cause once u take a break, you realize that with a good breakfast and quality nights rest you're ready to go. I see the benefits though. I recently took a break but came off today. Used the Muscle Marinade and surprising enough I thought it would hit me hard but it didn't. Felt like it always does which is a good thing. I just may stick only using it on a as needed basis.
Certainly. I had fantastic workouts before pre-workouts became en vogue. I didn't "need" something to have a good workout. I needed a decent warmup, AC/DC, and motivation to kick ass. Do I use pre-workouts? Sure, but I enjoy experimenting with different supplements to see the effects. I just wonder if 10 years from now if someone forgets to pack their pre-workout drink will they skip the workout because it's "impossible" to lift without a pre-workout drink.

superchris

superchris

Awards
After getting sick of the crashing feeling, I decided to stop take Pre workout supps with stimulants. I now take hemoval, not exactly the same feeling as taking stims but overall I enjoy it alot more. I got too dependent on taking stims in order to workout. I m trying to get out of that habit.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to stay away from stimulants after using ECY daily for I don't know how long. Took a long break off of stims and just recently within the past 6 months or so started taking stimulant products again including pre-workouts. I adapt pretty fast to them. I really should take another break.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
i use stims for long periods of time but if i feel like my CNS might start being burnt out I take a month break off of stims to recover

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really want to be stim-free.....but I never seem able to accomplish it.
I really start to go crazy. :rant:

I am now lower-stim than I used to be. 50-60% lower.

ToNNNNyT

Awards
I'm stim free as because I motivate myself,I've NEVER woke up one day and just said f*** it im not training to day,I mean sure I feel tired but I dont need a pick me up or anything so more PWO's dont do anything for me however I did try Ronnies PWO and while I felt fine my workout itself felt very easy I wasnt tired or anything even though I had squatted and DL'd 400 pounds.

That said I wasnt enough to get me to buy the product.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
I am to the point of trying to take no stims on Sundays. At least I drink a diet rockstar or two every day. :(

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going stim free for a while, at least 8 weeks. I've already gone one week without. Day to day I operate just fine without stims, but my workouts sometimes suck. Yesterday I had the lamest set of perhaps all my life. I was squatting a weight, aiming for three reps, and on the third rep as soon as I slowed down I basically dumped the bar without an ounce of struggle. And squats rank as the number one exercise I can grind out, with any sort of bicep curl and dips ranking as number 2 and 3. I can take a whole 5 seconds virtually still to grind out a rep with squats, but yesterday my mind was like "nope." Had to redo the set, hit 3 fine, although my legs felt like noodles afterwards.