Teeth Whitening...??

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
Anyone have any good/bad teeth whitening tips/product reviews/recommendations ??

There's a ton of different OTC products in your local toothbrush aisle, some crazy expensive and some not.

Share your experiences in here so those with coffee stained teeth can get some pearly whites back in the mix.

Vanity is a son-of-a-bitch.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The best were the listeren strips but they were discontinued. Now I use 5 min speed gel works good enough. My dentist calls me a bleach whore bc my teeth are so white

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Be careful with tooth whitening products. It will usually lead to a never ending cycle of re staining and re use of the whitening product.

The reason is that the whitening products make your tooth enamel more pourous and prone to staining with each additional use. So the more u whiten, the quicker they stain.

Brushing more often and using a mixture of kosher salt, baking soda and a small amount of peroxide in a paste is a better alternative.

Also avoiding things that will stain teeth or even drinking coffee and soda through a straw will help keep your anterior teeth from staining.

Keep in mind that the tooths dentin layer (under the enamel) naturally darkens with age and not much can be done about that.

I've worked in the dental field for almost 10 years, btw. Just so u know I'm not just giving personal opinion or misinformation.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dental technician (make crowns and bridges) and a sales rep for a dental product manufacturer. My company makes teeth whitening products too (only available to dentists) but I still don't recommend their use personally.

Go Away

Go Away

Awards
Dental technician (make crowns and bridges) and a sales rep for a dental product manufacturer. My company makes teeth whitening products too (only available to dentists) but I still don't recommend their use personally.
Does the peroxide/baking soda/kosher salt mixture show results or is it more of a healthy maintenance recommendation?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My dentist did warn me about over use... Like you said I do avoid coffee and dark soda. Thanks for the reminder :)

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does the peroxide/baking soda/kosher salt mixture show results or is it more of a healthy maintenance recommendation?
It will more effectively remove surface stains than regular toothpaste. Tastes like crap though. Lol.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My dentist did warn me about over use... Like you said I do avoid coffee and dark soda. Thanks for the reminder :)
No problem. It's what I do. I have a legitimate passion for dentistry, its a very interesting field and I'm good at what I do. What's not to like?

Always happy to answer any dental questions.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The best were the listeren strips but they were discontinued. Now I use 5 min speed gel works good enough. My dentist calls me a bleach whore bc my teeth are so white
I had my zoom whiten a few years ago.

What's this 5 min speed white & how much is it?

Myself personally, I brush twice a day, use a pick/floss and some whitening mouth wash & I visit the dentist every 6 months along side a new toothbrush every 3-4 months. :D

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What? No coffee? (no not a cop joke, lol)

Im all for looking good, but Id rather have black teeth than quit drinking coffee.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What? No coffee? (no not a cop joke, lol)

Im all for looking good, but Id rather have black teeth than quit drinking coffee.
SNS caffeine tabs with AMS body mortar lol

paradoxman

Awards
Best toothpaste you can buy, though not sure if they have in the US is Pearl Drops I use it all the time And after I quit smoking really helped my teeth get back to normal. Another good one, but a lot more expensive is Rembrandt but it works amaaazing. Good luck

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Best toothpaste you can buy, though not sure if they have in the US is Pearl Drops I use it all the time And after I quit smoking really helped my teeth get back to normal. Another good one, but a lot more expensive is Rembrandt but it works amaaazing. Good luck
Where are you from?

Never heard of pearl drops, Rembrandt yes.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
Buy some ACP Daywhite off ebay. It's the same stuff dentists charge hundreds of dollars for. It can make your teeth a bit sensitive, but it will whiten the hell out of them. I apply it with a q-tip, let it chill for 20-30 minutes, keep a paper towel in my mouth to absorb drool, then rinse off/brush teeth.

paradoxman

Awards
Buy some ACP Daywhite off ebay. It's the same stuff dentists charge hundreds of dollars for. It can make your teeth a bit sensitive, but it will whiten the hell out of them. I apply it with a q-tip, let it chill for 20-30 minutes, keep a paper towel in my mouth to absorb drool, then rinse off/brush teeth.
You know that destroys your natural enamel on your teeth, pretty sure that solution is mostly hydrogen peroxide which burns through the enamel. Once the enamel is gone your teeth will get yellow alot faster and more susceptible to cavities etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
General Chat 8
Pro Bodybuilding 0
Nutrition / Health 14
Flaw General Chat 7
General Chat 9