Christian lifting music

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Christian lifting music


    So what Christian songs drive your lifting sessions? Post em' up! I'll start with this one!


    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."


  2. hahahahahahahahahahahhahah
    Jesus give me muscles!

    guido-jesus-on-showing-off-photo-u1.jpg

  3. Totally dis-respectful Trenbologna.
    •   
       


  4. Hillsong United or Skillet

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Labor day sale- http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...ml#post5068496

  5. Lukehayd... You a fellow christian weight lifter? Glad to hear that!

    I love me some Christian metal core. I enjoy looking up the lyrics and deriving meaning from them, they aren't always as straight forward as worship music tends to be.

    With that being said.. You'll find me rocking out to some:

    As I lay Dying, Blessthefall, The Color Morale, Demon Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, Memphis May Fire, Pillar, Underoath, We came as Romans, Skillet

    Also like: For the Fallen Dreams. But I'm not sure they are actually a band of Christians. But their music is extremely motivating for a workout.

    Do you ever listen to Christian Rap? I like some: Tedashii, Flame, Lecrae ... Some good stuff there if you care for that type of music.

    The lyrics from Demon Hunter: Carry Me Down...
    "Save sorrow for the souls in doubt" is actually tattooed on my chest under "Matthew 25:46". Those lyrics spoke to my heart so much that I wanted to integrate them into my tattoo.


    God Bless. Let me know what you think of any of those! Definitely appreciate this thread, btw!
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  6. Quote Originally Posted by trenbologna View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahhahah
    Jesus give me muscles!
    Thank you! You reminded me of another one from a while back!

    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  7. Does anyone remember Stryper from back in the day...I used to like them

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post
    Lukehayd... You a fellow christian weight lifter? Glad to hear that!

    I love me some Christian metal core. I enjoy looking up the lyrics and deriving meaning from them, they aren't always as straight forward as worship music tends to be.

    With that being said.. You'll find me rocking out to some:

    As I lay Dying, Blessthefall, The Color Morale, Demon Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, Memphis May Fire, Pillar, Underoath, We came as Romans, Skillet

    Also like: For the Fallen Dreams. But I'm not sure they are actually a band of Christians. But their music is extremely motivating for a workout.

    Do you ever listen to Christian Rap? I like some: Tedashii, Flame, Lecrae ... Some good stuff there if you care for that type of music.

    The lyrics from Demon Hunter: Carry Me Down...
    "Save sorrow for the souls in doubt" is actually tattooed on my chest under "Matthew 25:46". Those lyrics spoke to my heart so much that I wanted to integrate them into my tattoo.


    God Bless. Let me know what you think of any of those! Definitely appreciate this thread, btw!

    Not a real fan of rap but no denying Lecrae is awesome! And R-Swift.

    Like Demon Hunter!
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  9. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Not a real fan of rap but no denying Lecrae is awesome! And R-Swift.

    Like Demon Hunter!
    Demon Hunter - Fire to my soul

    "I hear you calling, calling fiiiireeeee to my souuuullll!"

    Gets my amped up. Especially the intro to that song!

    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  10. Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    Does anyone remember Stryper from back in the day...I used to like them

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Oh wow! Going old school! Only song I can remember from them is "To hell with the devil" but I went to one of their concerts in middle school. Walked out deaf! Hahaha!
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  11. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Oh wow! Going old school! Only song I can remember from them is "To hell with the devil" but I went to one of their concerts in middle school. Walked out deaf! Hahaha!
    Seriously it was the first time I had ever heard of a hard rock Christian band, it blew me away..

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

  12. 4-God is also really good buy I can't find anything on youtube from him.

  13. I don't have any in iTunes right now... But I also like Decyfer Down. Went to a concert of theirs several years ago
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  14. Some of their songs ...Free, Calling On You, Honestly

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

  15. man good idea for a thread lukehayd!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by carpee
    man good idea for a thread lukehayd!
    Probably the best thread I've seen since joining AM, IMO.
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  17. switchfoot since going fully independent has been a lot better than the typical dare you to move stuff.

    'afterlife' gets me pumped

  18. Here's another one that I just heard last week.

    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  19. Wasnt able to view that partiular video from my iPad...but I did watch the same band's official music video for "Renegade"

    I found another band. Great sound!
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  20. Manafest is kinda all over. Some I like, some I don't.
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  21. August Burns Red

  22. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd
    Manafest is kinda all over. Some I like, some I don't.
    I stayed up listening to them last night. I agree. Kinda all over the place
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  23. One from Disciple that I really like.
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  24. All that remains isn't a Christian band but to me they're songs have Christian meaning, they get me pumped, and born again by newsboys

  25. Red
    Project 86
    Demon Hunter
    Brian "Head" Welch
    I'm Back...

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Clickster
    Red
    Project 86
    Demon Hunter
    Brian "Head" Welch
    Ahhhhh... I love RED. forgot to mention them!
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post
    I stayed up listening to them last night. I agree. Kinda all over the place
    Lol!
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  28. Somebody say Red?


    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    Red
    Project 86
    Demon Hunter
    Brian "Head" Welch
    Never was a fan of Korn so it's hard for me to like Brian's music. Awesome story and testimony he has though!!!
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  30. Eve to Adam

    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  31. great thread +1....no need to keep Christ out of the weight room!!

  32. Nice, i will have to check these out when i get home. Conventional hard rock always just makes me uneasy haha. I yens to lift to classical music actually
    "No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

  33. I'm old school, I like good old southern gospel music when I lift. The new stuff is loud and irrevernet IMO.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I'm old school, I like good old southern gospel music when I lift. The new stuff is loud and irrevernet IMO.
    Nothing wrong with that!!

    I can see why you would think that. Some of the bands seem to focus more on the sound than the lyrics to be able to reach across the gap between secular and christian music. With a lot of their songs, the praise aspect is an undertone that is sometimes not that perceptible. Of course, I enjoy the harder, louder stuff when I lift. I do prefer the songs that have a good solid message that is BACKED UP by some cranking music more than some cranking music with a blah message. I'm not a fan of rap but the lyrics to some of the songs I have listened to have been rather awesome. If I happen to witness to someone that enjoys rap, I know that I can lead them to that venue. Too many people out there have the stigma that being a Christian has to mean that you are a stick-in-the-mud. This is not true! We were given the Spirit of Joy to praise in many different ways. Southern gospel is great music and I enjoy it also. My thoughts are, if it gets you closer to God, it's fulfilling it's purpose.
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  35. I didn't recognize Decyfer Down but then when I looked them up, I recognized a few songs. One of my favorites .....


    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo
    Lukehayd... You a fellow christian weight lifter? Glad to hear that!

    I love me some Christian metal core. I enjoy looking up the lyrics and deriving meaning from them, they aren't always as straight forward as worship music tends to be.

    With that being said.. You'll find me rocking out to some:

    As I lay Dying, Blessthefall, The Color Morale, Demon Hunter, The Devil Wears Prada, Memphis May Fire, Pillar, Underoath, We came as Romans, Skillet

    Also like: For the Fallen Dreams. But I'm not sure they are actually a band of Christians. But their music is extremely motivating for a workout.

    Do you ever listen to Christian Rap? I like some: Tedashii, Flame, Lecrae ... Some good stuff there if you care for that type of music.

    The lyrics from Demon Hunter: Carry Me Down...
    "Save sorrow for the souls in doubt" is actually tattooed on my chest under "Matthew 25:46". Those lyrics spoke to my heart so much that I wanted to integrate them into my tattoo.

    God Bless. Let me know what you think of any of those! Definitely appreciate this thread, btw!
    I too listen to lecrae tedashi and another rapper named trip Lee. Also geeda

  37. Quote Originally Posted by Speedyboy3

    I too listen to lecrae tedashi and another rapper named trip Lee. Also geeda
    Trip lee is solid. Saw him in concert recently
    Romans 8:38-39

    Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

  38. Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo
    Wasnt able to view that partiular video from my iPad...but I did watch the same band's official music video for "Renegade"

    I found another band. Great sound!
    Renegade is my favorite from manafest

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo

    Trip lee is solid. Saw him in concert recently
    Awesome. I want to go see him in concert. His music got me out of worldly rap
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-07-2014, 04:30 PM
  2. What Type Of Music Do You Listen To While Lifting?
    By TheMeatus101 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 08:28 PM
  3. Good lifting music...
    By mathis50262 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:14 PM
  4. Best Lifting Music
    By vruge87 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 03:59 PM
  5. What Music Do You listen to while lifting?
    By MrSkullCrusher in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Log in
Log in