The OFFICIAL Guns/Firearms/Knives Thread!

Page 12 of 26 First ... 7101112131417 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

People felt the same way in '94, and look what happened. - They'll get something out of this. I don't believe it will be as extreme as Feinstein's proposal, but something will happen.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

This is why we ALL need to be petitioning our elected officials and let them know we're not going to put up with this crap! Spread the word and fight the good fight!

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...046526&type=ML

Here's a template you all can use to insert into the email to make it very easy:

Dear Congressman/woman/person/Senator _________,

The past few weeks have been difficult for our great nation. In the wake of the mass murder/suicide that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School, many proposals have come forward on how to prevent similar events from happening again. Some of the ideas have merit, such as improving our mental health system so that those with deep issues may have access to the treatment they disparately need. Improving our schools’ physical security is another worthy goal of the legislative process and must be examined as well. Students and Staff deserve to have someone within their ranks tasked with defending against the unthinkable acts those with evil intent seek to engage in.

The further eroding of lawful gun owner’s rights is not the solution to our nation’s problems. I am counting on you to honor your oath to the Constitution and to defend our rights. The early proposals being touted have run the spectrum from infringement to outright trampling of the people’s rights. We have some 20,000 + laws on the books now that are designed as forms of gun control measures. Their only success has been in restricting honest persons’ access to the tools they may need to save their lives.

I am asking for your support in stopping any legislative action that seeks to limit, impede, tax, or further inconvenience law abiding citizens from exercising their inalienable right to self defense. Gun owners have long memories as to who supports their rights, and of those that ignore their obligations to support liberty. Your actions will directly affect how we vote in the coming elections.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. Should you wish to speak with me directly on this matter, I have included my contact information below.

Sincerely,

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.27%

My first rifle was a Mosin Nagant 91/30, and it kicks. I am looking to buy an ak or an sks before any Possible gun ban
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

IC,

They jacked the price a few hundred bucks on the VEPR 12 (as expected), but they're back in stock. I'd get one if you can, because rumor has it these aren't being imported anymore. They had about 200 when they got it...

http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-...epr12gashotgun

Legendary

5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Thanks!

I just saw it and am debating a purchase. I understand that if I don't get it tonight it probably won't be there tomorrow, if ever again.

I just purchased another AK from K-Var a few days back; the SGL21-61. - Unless I sold the M10-762 I'm not sure I could do it. I have the money, but with all the ammo I plan on getting, not to mention the handguns I'd like to get, I'd be in pretty deep. While my 12ga is a pump (Benelli Nova), it's still a 12ga and would have a hard time justifying that expense unless I wanted to flip it...which I wouldn't because I'm greedy like that.

Still, I'm thinking about it. - Not that my wife is against it, it's hard to tell her I'm spending another $1200 on a gun. She doesn't even have a handgun for carry yet, and she's been curtailing her expenses to allow me to purchase these last few weeks. Honestly, I just don't have the heart to do it.

With three AKs, a 12ga pump, a full size 40sw and a carry-size 9mm, I should be somewhat content. - More than anything else I should stock up on parts for these guns, as well as more ammo.

I will be getting a Beretta 92FS and a carry gun for my wife, so it's not like I'm quitting.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%

Oh, btw, I live down the road from Classic...ergo, sales tax.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I dont know about yall...but anything AR has been IMPOSSIBLE to find around here! all the major retailers and local gunny stores stay sold out...as soon as they get a new shipment of anything ar related, its gone and sold out within the hour. Theyve started rationing out and limiting the number of rounds that can be bought at one time...its nuts!!

anybody else having the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.7%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm getting to jump in on a group by with one of the Seal Teams I work with a bit out here in Afghanistanland. It's through Sig. I'm going to pick up the P226 MK25. It will be commemoratively engraved with the team logo, Trident, and such. 819 bucks. Other options are a 40. sub compact, 1911, and their 516/716 patrol rifles. I'd love to get one of the rifles as well, but with a new baby, a new truck I'm purchasing etc etc, I have to choose one or the other. So, I'm going with the pistol. I can get decent deals from Rock River on their AR's (my good buddy is on the Navy shooting team and they get custom rifles at discount from RR) so I'll put it off for later. I have a 1911, it's with my folks for them to hold and use for now, but will return to me eventually. So, MK25 it is. It's the official handgun of the Seals, solid solid gun.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    I dont know about yall...but anything AR has been IMPOSSIBLE to find around here! all the major retailers and local gunny stores stay sold out...as soon as they get a new shipment of anything ar related, its gone and sold out within the hour. Theyve started rationing out and limiting the number of rounds that can be bought at one time...its nuts!!

anybody else having the same problem?
    My local store has some ar's and ak's but the prices are crazy high. An average jump of 1000.00. They also have ammo. It's about 50% higher and has a 100 rd cap on it. Glad I loaded up before the sh!t hit the fan.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.94%

Quote Originally Posted by stankyleg View Post
    My local store has some ar's and ak's but the prices are crazy high. An average jump of 1000.00. They also have ammo. It's about 50% higher and has a 100 rd cap on it. Glad I loaded up before the sh!t hit the fan.
    ^^
    GAY! isnt there laws against price gauging? lol

but seriously you cant even find brass, or .22 bullets to reload. its terrible! I hate it when this crap happens cause everybody panics and freaks out and then stuff like this happens!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%

Yeah, I felt this **** coming a few months back. I bought a polish ak under folder, a mak 90, a saiga 12, a saiga 410 converted, a rock river lar308 with a 26 inch barrel, and 2 Springfield xd 9 sub compacts.
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.94%

Yeah, I felt this **** coming a few months back. I bought a polish ak under folder, a mak 90, a saiga 12, a saiga 410 converted, a rock river lar308 with a 26 inch barrel, and 2 Springfield xd 9 sub compacts.
    geese rambo!

but yeah I dont have anything converted...just the real deal my pride and joy is a pre-ban M60...gotta love gun shows lol

but im lookin into one of those bump-fire stocks that you can buy that allows you to shoot full auto via well...bumpfiring. i just gotta find one lol
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Yeah same thing around here. Some people are calling it the Obama Gun Shop Stimulus. Ive got 500 rounds of 9mm stock piled for now. Working on getting a lower receiver and building my own ar.
    SFW and GFH
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.94%

another thing ive heard that is coming is "degrading primers" basically is a primer that has a significantly shorter shelf life ie: <3 months to prevent people from stockpiling ammo...anybody else heard about this
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%

another thing ive heard that is coming is "degrading primers" basically is a primer that has a significantly shorter shelf life ie: <3 months to prevent people from stockpiling ammo...anybody else heard about this
    Too much liability for the ammo companies in degrading primers. Maw maw is attacked in her own home. Pulls her Dirty Harry magnum and it goes "click." They can't afford those law suits. My opinion only.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.94%

Too much liability for the ammo companies in degrading primers. Maw maw is attacked in her own home. Pulls her Dirty Harry magnum and it goes "click." They can't afford those law suits. My opinion only.
    NO! the ammo companies dont want them its the feds that are trying and talking about getting the legislation passed. I agree its absolutely retarded to have such laws and regulations but theyre trying. I hate democrats....really....democra ts, liberals, commies, beatnicks and hippies! I hate em ALL!
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.16%

NO! the ammo companies dont want them its the feds that are trying and talking about getting the legislation passed. I agree its absolutely retarded to have such laws and regulations but theyre trying. I hate democrats....really....democra ts, liberals, commies, beatnicks and hippies! I hate em ALL!
    I'm a libertarian, myself. Aka: gov out of my business.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.94%

I'm a libertarian, myself. Aka: gov out of my business.
    ME TOO!! RON PAUL FOR PRES!!
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%

Why is everyone going to local shops? - Privates sales and barter will yield solid deals and keep things "clean." Take advantage of it while it's legal.
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%

^^
    GAY! isnt there laws against price gauging? lol

but seriously you cant even find brass, or .22 bullets to reload. its terrible! I hate it when this crap happens cause everybody panics and freaks out and then stuff like this happens!
    This isn't price gouging, it's supply and demand. - It's the prepared vs. the sheeple. The prepared profit, while the sheep get skinned.

With that said, if I owned a shop I certainly wouldn't be making insane markups. At the most, I'd sell them privately on GB. You don't want to pi$$ off regular customers.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.43%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Just bought a red dot for my gun...if I can't buy ammo I might as well pimp it out.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.11%

damn i wish i could get a firearm before they get banned/ hard to get. I really want an AR, AK and some kind of shotgun but I'm only 19 and my mom would kick me out of the house if I bought a gun with my money. Sucks, she thinks an alarm is all the home defense you need. Luckily I have my knives , I just got a S&W MP Assisted opening knife for 35, pretty nice for the price. Even got dropped in sand while wet and the opening still works great after being rinsed.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.14%

Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan View Post
    damn i wish i could get a firearm before they get banned/ hard to get. I really want an AR, AK and some kind of shotgun but I'm only 19 and my mom would kick me out of the house if I bought a gun with my money. Sucks, she thinks an alarm is all the home defense you need. Luckily I have my knives , I just got a S&W MP Assisted opening knife for 35, pretty nice for the price. Even got dropped in sand while wet and the opening still works great after being rinsed.
    My brother has the same knife. It's pretty nifty for a pocket knife. Order a ka bar from the internet if you want a fighting knife though.
    SFW and GFH
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.43%

Quote Originally Posted by AlexErdellan View Post
    Id start learning how to throw knives and hatchets well then haha. I think that would be BA
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.11%

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Id start learning how to throw knives and hatchets well then haha. I think that would be BA
    True lol I want to get one of those m48 tomahawks from Budk and learn to throw it

In response to Inarius, yes eventually Ill get a kabar. Right now my Cold Steel ti lite 6 inch will do the job if someone ever decides to break into my house lol.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.59%

I have a few of those M48 Tomahawk's. They throw well.

-T1

Legendary

27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.43%

got my red dot.... wrong mount. FUDGE!
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.24%

Just reorganized the survival closet today! Still some work to do. - Sealed up some 5gal mylar bags with oats, rice, and beans. Next will be coffee and protein powders.

The SGL21-61 comes in this week!!! So stoked. Deciding if I'll put a Tapco G2 FCG on it or wait to see what I think of Arsenal's FCG. Up next is a Beretta 92FS and some type of 22lr as I don't have one; most likely a 10/22 or Henry.

...and I reaaaaally want a Bumpski stock for the SGL, but I think I need to cool my jets a little.
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.43%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Just reorganized the survival closet today! Still some work to do. - Sealed up some 5gal mylar bags with oats, rice, and beans. Next will be coffee and protein powders.

The SGL21-61 comes in this week!!! So stoked. Deciding if I'll put a Tapco G2 FCG on it or wait to see what I think of Arsenal's FCG. Up next is a Beretta 92FS and some type of 22lr as I don't have one; most likely a 10/22 or Henry.

...and I reaaaaally want a Bumpski stock for the SGL, but I think I need to cool my jets a little.
    Been thinking about a new stock as well
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.14%

Where does everyone buy their mags from? I was thinking of picking up one or two more for my xdm but I dont want to give any more money to cheaper than dirt.
    SFW and GFH
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Where does everyone buy their mags from? I was thinking of picking up one or two more for my xdm but I dont want to give any more money to cheaper than dirt.
    whats wrong with CTD??

and any gunny store should have them, depending on your state
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.4%

Not sure what the premise in here is exactly but being a native Texan, I love guns.

I won my first bb gun at a cub scout camp in the second grade. Spent countless afternoons in open fields shooting birds, squirrels, rabbits et cetera and telling mom I was shooting empty coke bottles all day. Started wheeling dads lawnmower and weedeater around the neighborhood in a wagon in fifth grade and saved up for a Benjamin Sheridan, more accurately did more of the same.

Got my first .22 in the 7th grade. A marlin. Also got a pump 20 gauge.

A couple years later received a .270 and 12 gauge shotgun, both of which I still have and still hunt with.

My first job was at a gun range in Houston, I worked as a trapper in the sporting clay section.

I now own the .22, .270, 12 gauge and an SKS, AR-15 and a Colt .45 revolver.

True story:

I temporarily worked in a Redwing boot store one summer in college, in Houston. I was manning the store alone one day when these two shady dudes came in and pretended to be shopping while actually casing the place.

When they knew I was alone, one of them pulled a gun, aimed it right at me and demanded the phones, cash and a pair of boots he liked. He instructed me to go to the back room while they ransacked the place and "don't do anything stupid".

It was a helpless feeling. Fortunately there was a back door to an alley and I took off running. The police showed me a photo line up and I ID'd the guys. Turns out they had been involved in a string of murder-robberies. Had I not had a back door, I would've been dead ten years ago.

Boss wouldn't let me keep a gun, even after that. I staunchley support gun ownership and self defense laws.
  33. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

subbed for the fun!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.14%

whats wrong with CTD??

and any gunny store should have them, depending on your state
    Im in PA so having the high capacity mags here isnt a problem. The only local gun shop burnt down in a fire a few months back. The second closest is about an hours drive.

CTD doesn't have them in stock and I'm going to have to think long and hard about giving them business again after their reaction to the tragedy. They canceled all orders placed for guns and mags that were placed up to a week before the incident. Restocked everything at a 500% mark up and took their online gun sales down.

I didn't have an order in with them but id be mighty pissed off if my order for a few mags was canceled and then they restocked the same mags that they already sold me at a 500% mark up.
    SFW and GFH
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.94%

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post

Im in PA so having the high capacity mags here isnt a problem. The only local gun shop burnt down in a fire a few months back. The second closest is about an hours drive.

CTD doesn't have them in stock and I'm going to have to think long and hard about giving them business again after their reaction to the tragedy. They canceled all orders placed for guns and mags that were placed up to a week before the incident. Restocked everything at a 500% mark up and took their online gun sales down.

I didn't have an order in with them but id be mighty pissed off if my order for a few mags was canceled and then they restocked the same mags that they already sold me at a 500% mark up.
    I haven't been to the site as of late but that's gay. I'll have to check that out cause that's where I got all my reloading gear. If that is the case they've definitely lost my buisness and I will write them a very strongly worded letter and give them a terrible review on yelp. Not that my actions really make a difference but ill at least feel better about it

~ MANotaur
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.14%

I haven't been to the site as of late but that's gay. I'll have to check that out cause that's where I got all my reloading gear. If that is the case they've definitely lost my buisness and I will write them a very strongly worded letter and give them a terrible review on yelp. Not that my actions really make a difference but ill at least feel better about it

~ MANotaur
    Look up the boycott cheaper than dirt Facebook page. Lots of people on there complaining about getting the shaft from them about this.
    SFW and GFH
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    IRON FLEX SUPPLEMENTS REP SAVE 20% WITH LUKE20 @ IRONFLEXSUPPS.COM
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.48%

Hey guys. I'm looking for a tactical vest. All the black hawks are pretty exspenaive.
    Found a leapers deluxe tac vest with quick draw holster with pouch, belt for 60.
    Any ideas?
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.06%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thyrod View Post
    Hey guys. I'm looking for a tactical vest. All the black hawks are pretty exspenaive.
    Found a leapers deluxe tac vest with quick draw holster with pouch, belt for 60.
    Any ideas?
    Well as some people have put down Cheaper then Dirt. They have some Lower cost Tact Vests. (For now? ) And they are very nice. I've used mine for a lot of different Magpul Classes. And never went down.
    Plate Carriers: (This is what I use for my vest, have to build it the way you want.)
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemL...spx?catid=9108
    Tact. Vests: (Cheap way to go.)
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemL...spx?catid=9107

I'm sure there are other places to get Vest but this is what I want with. The Plate Carrier (For my AR500 Armor), And add some mag holders, radio. I can put up a pic if you would like to see what I did.

I may not believe in what alot of different gun shops and internet based shops are doing. By raising the prices of ammo, mags, and guns. But there is the demand. And if they didn't people would buy them out and sell them for more themselfs.

Arnold Classic: 2009 - 2014
    Comments by this person are their own personal opinion and should be taken as that. Unless quoted from a different source.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.48%

If you don't mind posting a pic ^^

Similar Forum Threads

1. official overtraining thread!
    By mkretz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7