Question About Dudes Juicing At My Gym?

jpg0923

Awards
So sometimes it's pretty obvious when someones on. I've noticed a majority of the guys at my gym that are, often wear like sweatpants and a hoodie or a long sleeved shirt. You would think if they're that big they would atleast wear like a tshirt or a beater. Is there any reason for that? Just something I noticed lately and was curious about.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
So sometimes it's pretty obvious when someones on roids. I've noticed a majority of the guys at my gym that are, often wear like sweatpants and a hoodie or a long sleeved shirt. You would think if they're that big they would atleast wear like a tshirt or a beater. Is there any reason for that? Just something I noticed lately and was curious about.
Wen I was on I would always wear big clothes too. Hardto explain man. I was self conscious so that's why I didn't. But when I went out with my girl beat believe guns out

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not huge or on a cycle but I'm a decent size and I like to wear big clothes until I get a monster pump then I unleash the guns lol another idea is they maybe cutting so they may want to sweat or they could have horrible bacne

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Draws less attention to yourself even if youre lifting heavier then everyone else there which in turn leads to less interruption from others and also by yourself looking in the mirror too much rather then focusing.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
everytime i change creatines i up size my shirts

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think that has to do with gear, more the persons personality. I know tons of big dudes who do that and tons of big dudes who where string tanks. I tend to do the wife beater thing myself, and I am one of those guys that you would assume is juiced... Most of the guys who wear the sweats and hoodies consider themselves more hard core and as someone up above mentioned don't want to be talked to at all while in the gym. Many think that those of us in tanks are posers or douche bags for showing off. It really has more to do with a persons natural tendencies than anything else. Introverted people tend to cover up more and extroverted people tend to be in things that display their hard work.

MindMuscle12

Banned
Awards
I don't think that has to do with gear, more the persons personality. I know tons of big dudes who do that and tons of big dudes who where string tanks. I tend to do the wife beater thing myself, and I am one of those guys that you would assume is juiced... Most of the guys who wear the sweats and hoodies consider themselves more hard core and as someone up above mentioned don't want to be talked to at all while in the gym. Many think that those of us in tanks are posers or douche bags for showing off. It really has more to do with a persons natural tendencies than anything else. Introverted people tend to cover up more and extroverted people tend to be in things that display their hard work.
agreed. covering up might reflect skin problems, but all of a sudden sweatshirts, naw. just personal stuff.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I wear sleeveless tees. I'm really proud of what I've accomplished, plus I just think it feels better. Less restricted somehow

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I try to lift in a thong only. ESPECIALLY during SLDL or good mornings.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I try to lift in a thong only. ESPECIALLY during SLDL or good mornings.
And he always wants to know why I am so eager to spot him. LOL What is better is he wears leather chaps until he feels warmed up...

Oops I think I just puked in my mouth a little.

By the way Swanson from your stats you are one big dude.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And he always wants to know why I am so eager to spot him. LOL What is better is he wears leather chaps until he feels warmed up...

Oops I think I just puked in my mouth a little.

By the way Swanson from your stats you are one big dude.
We powerlifting types are composed differently than you ripped fellows. It's not all good weight, brotha. :D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
We powerlifting types are composed differently than you ripped fellows. It's not all good weight, brotha. :D
Yeah but I bet you got plenty of good weight there. Trust me I am not a naturally lean person and have been up to 244 at 5'8 that was not pretty. I am not as lean as my avi either. I am on my way back down to close to there but nowhere near as lean yet.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I lift in tshirts with the entire sides cut out of them. Makes small shirts that ive outgrown turn into excellent workout shirts. Plus Cutoffs are really comfortable.

I'm always self conscious that people think in trying to show off my hard work. Quite the opposite, actually

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I lift in tshirts with the entire sides cut out of them. Makes small shirts that ive outgrown turn into excellent workout shirts. Plus Cutoffs are really comfortable.

I'm always self conscious that people think in trying to show off my hard work. Quite the opposite, actually
I used to care what others thought, then I realized I am there for me and what motivates me is not the same thing as what motivates them and that is fine. To me there is not a whole lot more pleasing than having a great pump, and using the excellent lighting in the gym to see it. When I have a great pump I do want to flex in the mirror and have a gander so I do. I don't do it every set or for very long but I love to bust out a flex in the mirror when I have a pump. I mean really when do I look better?

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
I used to care what others thought, then I realized I am there for me and what motivates me is not the same thing as what motivates them and that is fine. To me there is not a whole lot more pleasing than having a great pump, and using the excellent lighting in the gym to see it. When I have a great pump I do want to flex in the mirror and have a gander so I do. I don't do it every set or for very long but I love to bust out a flex in the mirror when I have a pump. I mean really when do I look better?
Heard that! I'm guilty of picking out certain Cutoffs depending on the muscle group. Love to see extra vascularity if the shirt shows it, haha.

But still, I hate for people to think of everyone wearing Cutoffs as a douche bag. Yano?

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I used to care what others thought, then I realized I am there for me and what motivates me is not the same thing as what motivates them and that is fine.
Yep. I say fuk everyone else in the gym. I dont care what they think of me. I try to ignore everyone else in there and just focus on me and what Im trying to do that day.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Heard that! I'm guilty of picking out certain Cutoffs depending on the muscle group. Love to see extra vascularity if the shirt shows it, haha.

But still, I hate for people to think of everyone wearing Cutoffs as a douche bag. Yano?
It's because alot of the douche bags tend to wear cutoffs more often. They gotta have that "I go to the gym" look to feel like they did more work ;-) just a guess.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's because alot of the douche bags tend to wear cutoffs more often. They gotta have that "I go to the gym" look to feel like they did more work ;-) just a guess.
I would love to take offense to that but honestly it is a little bit true so... A lot of the guys I see doing douche bag things at the gym tend to be wearing as little clothes as possible. It is the extroverted nature that makes them dress that way, not being a douche. However being an extrovert and a douche at the same time is like handing a douche bag a megaphone. You just can't miss them.

On the same note a lot of the guys in the sweats and hoodies seem to be d!ckheads. However not all of them. Same with this scenario.

It is funny, I used to pick my shirts based on how well they showed of my physique, now I pick them by trying to make sure I don't look like my only goal is to do so. Once I got to a certain point trying to display my physique in street clothes became a douchy thing to do because no matter what shirt you put on this amount of muscle can be seen. When you resort to stealing clothes from your 6th grader to show off you just look like a moron.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I would love to take offense to that but honestly it is a little bit true so... A lot of the guys I see doing douche bag things at the gym tend to be wearing as little clothes as possible. It is the extroverted nature that makes them dress that way, not being a douche. However being an extrovert and a douche at the same time is like handing a douche bag a megaphone. You just can't miss them.

On the same note a lot of the guys in the sweats and hoodies seem to be d!ckheads. However not all of them. Same with this scenario.

It is funny, I used to pick my shirts based on how well they showed of my physique, now I pick them by trying to make sure I don't look like my only goal is to do so. Once I got to a certain point trying to display my physique in street clothes became a douchy thing to do because no matter what shirt you put on this amount of muscle can be seen. When you resort to stealing clothes from your 6th grader to show off you just look like a moron.
That's where I was going with my statement :)

DreamBig

DreamBig

Awards
I wear Shirts/pants/shorts that go with what I'm doing if I'm benching I'll wear a shirt that fits or a cut off. my bench day is also shoulders and tri's so I like to see how the muscles are working and watch form. When I squat I wear shorts. They don't always match and sometimes I think I may look alil ridiculous but, like you guys I don't really care what anyone thinks. I'm there to get jacked and tan nawmsayin!?!? J/k I'm white as a ghost!
But anyways if your at the gym and wondering why some dude is wearing sweats and sweatshirt, your probly not focused on lifting.
Eyes on the prize! Not dudes!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would I care what other people are wearing at the gym?. Why would I care what they think of me. I just put on clothes and lift weights. The clothes only function is to cover me up and make me feel comfortable. I don't even shower before I go to the gym. I wear the same clothes I wore to be bed the night before. Just a t shirt and some shorts if you really want to know, sometimes sweatpants but I sweat really bad so usually shorts. I don't care what anyone else thinks and don't dress for other people. As long as I don't smell too bad and there aren't too many holes in my clothes then I'm good.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
If your big you wear what's comfortable and allows you to move. Sweats do that. Beaters are incredibly uncomfortable for me. I hate the movement during workouts under the armpits and they never stay in place. I prefer to wear t-shirts, rarely wear cut-offs.. usually only on back days to avoid that restriction of the sleeve on shoulder extension. For bottoms I usually wear basketball shorts where the legs are really wide and I have plenty of room to move around. Over time I still manage to rip the crotch at one point though. The most comfortable pants I have found are Pony sweat pants. Tons of room in them and they stretch if needed. I have a very difficult time finding pants that fit comfortably around my thighs. In the end it's all about comfort. I can care less what people wear or what they think of what I'am wearing. When I'am in the gym it's all business. That's all I'am concerned about.

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
Hmm.... Guess I never really pay attention to others.... Probably a good thing!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shirt and shorts for me, I dont wear pants ever. Ill where a loose tank top on bench days but thats about it. I use to wear the cut offs and try to pick clothes that made me look good when I bodybuilded. But now that I powerlift I just wanna beable to move and hit PRs, nothing else matters.

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
I think the moral of this thread is "whatever floats your boat, wear it, go to gym & CRUSH IT."

toolband

toolband

Awards
Yeah I don't give two ****s who sees me or doesn't see me at the gym. I don't go there to socialize I go there to train. I wear what I like.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I blame the animal pak ads :)

homepage_01.jpg

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed. I'm training for future shows and in those shows I plan to pose with a pump. So naturally, I whip a front double-bicep or side chest pose every now and then for practice sake. But everyone there knows what I'm trying to do so it's actually not weird. In fact, it makes sense in my case.