are beats headphones worth it?

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Are the beats by Dre earbud headphones really alot better than regular iPod headphones?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
for me, i can't even use the ipod headphones, they don't fit in my ears right....plus the quality is terrible

dre headphones are expensive, so i dont' use them but have heard the sound is really good quality, i may pick up a pair for the simple fact that they are lifetime warrenty and i'm sick of going through headphones breaking or not working after 3 months

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
simple answer - NO... you can get headphones for 1/4 the price that use the EXACT same components. this is like MONSTER cable... you are paying for the name, not quality. If you dont know about monster cables, they cost 10x more than others and have been proven to be NO better test after test.

beats headphones use the same parts/components as much 'lower end' sets...

mhsattack16

mhsattack16

Awards
I have a pair of skullcandy soft rubber earbuds and they pump out tons of bass and the quality is amazing. MUCH less expensive than beats

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Personally I use the Studio Beats By Dre and love them. I hated hearing zumba music at my local gym. Sound canceling headphones are where it's at in the gym. Total focus!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is a marketing gimic. You are paying for shiny plastic. If you want to learn about good headphones, head over to a forum like head-fi, you will be amazed at the quality you can get for the price you pay for those.

sprintstar01

Awards
Look at SOL Republic headphones. Same guys that made the Beats. Personally, I think they sound better.Not as bassy but its there and thumpin'. The highs and mids are really crisp. the in-ears are 70 and the regular headphones are 100 I believe. Worth every penny.

sprintstar01

Awards
It is a marketing gimic. You are paying for shiny plastic. If you want to learn about good headphones, head over to a forum like head-fi, you will be amazed at the quality you can get for the price you pay for those.
x2 You are paying for color schemes and Dr.Dre to endorse them

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
I own a pair of ibeats they were 99.00 they def need to be broken in soundwise and after that they sound awesome. I listen to everything from snoop dogg to slayer and everthing sounds good . They also do a good job of isolating outside noise.

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'm going to look into some different ones.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought a pair of Altec Lansing Backbeat Plus from a discount electronics site a few weeks ago. They were only $8.00, retail is like $50. When I got them, I had to try 'em out, and WOW are they good. Best ones that I've ever used. The sound is crisp, the bass is quite good, and they are good at noise cancellation. Put it this way, I use them while riding my bike, and I have pipes on it that make it sound like a drag car and I can STILL hear the bass, and only about 25% of the pipes. In my book, they're epic. Credentials for judging sound? Lifelong audiophile, musician since I was 5yrs old, perfect pitch, and I can echo-locate in the dark like a bat (just not as good). :)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are any of those other companies lifetime warrenty? thats what i'm interested in knowing, i wouldn't mind investing in a good quality pair of headphones but not if they are like skull candy's and will last 3 months at a time before dieing

plus i'm biased, i'd rather give my money to someone i've listend to since a kid like dre than some weirdo tech company i know nothing about

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://www.etymotic.com/ Er-4p Pros are by far the best sound I have heard out of IEMs. Owned 2 pairs (first was stolen with my ipod), second my dog destroyed. No doubt I will get another pair. No fake bass, no extra EQ effects, no fancy colors to match my shoes, just the music in a nearly perfect replication of how it was recorded.

I do not own any full size phones, but when I do, i would go open air*, and save for a pair of grados. Attached to an Amp I hear they are bliss, and you would think the artist is in the room with you.

*open air is better for home listening, not travel.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
klipsh are the way to go